Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I wasn't going to get these as they are pretty out there but then the seller offered half price! What's a guy to do?

Attachments

• 20220616_181622.jpg
    20220616_181622.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 53
Only pop on occasionally to see what new glasses everyone’s looking at, and wether there’s a new style I might like etc! But daaaaamn, if I hadn’t personally messaged and chatted to uv400 myself I’d be 1000% sure he was some sunglasses finding algo that had been created to make us all spend money!!! Honestly makes no sense how he finds them all so quickly! You’re in the presence of a glasses deity guys, be polite
Hey Billy123,
Wow!! I'm totally blown away by your post man!!

I can only genuinely thank you so much for your kindness and appreciation. I really did kinda well up for a minute there...

I'm just a normal dude and family man with a passion for eyewear, that only really started by joining this incredible forum thread and learning from all of its inspiring, kind and friendly members like your good self.

I feel honored and humbled if I can in any way, help or assist anyone here on our much loved thread which, incredibly, thanks to you all, is over 9 years old!!

Put simply, you are all amazing.
Hand on heart, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you all on our 'small but mighty' eyewear thread.

Kindest regards,
UV400.

"A face is like a work of art. It deserves a great frame"

Okay, back to business...:cool:
I've been watching "Will a robot take my job? | The Age of A.I" (Series 1 Episode 6)...

20220617_093659.jpg
20220617_093631.jpg
20220617_093552.jpg

After searching through some of his usual brands as a starting point, had to go slightly further afield and ended up ID'ing them.

I'm confident that these are Barton Perreira "Weller" in color matte blue smoke/matte midnight (MBM/MMI) 52□20 150...
20220612_123146.jpg
20220612_123218.jpg
20220612_123121.jpg

I think the "UV400 algo :lol:"...
blue-tape.gif
...After a bit of retro computation, would definitely recommend that everyone should part with their hard-earned and splash the cash on a pair of these!! LOL.:lol:
take-my-money.gif

And the Paul Smith t-shirt too...;)
20220612_123052.jpg

Hey Billy123,
Wow!! I'm totally blown away by your post man!!

I can only genuinely thank you so much for your kindness and appreciation. I really did kinda well up for a minute there...

I'm just a normal dude and family man with a passion for eyewear, that only really started by joining this incredible forum thread and learning from all of its inspiring, kind and friendly members like your good self.

I feel honored and humbled if I can in any way, help or assist anyone here on our much loved thread which, incredibly, thanks to you all, is over 9 years old!!

Put simply, you are all amazing.
Hand on heart, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you all on our 'small but mighty' eyewear thread.

Kindest regards,
UV400.

"A face is like a work of art. It deserves a great frame"
I actually think I speak for us all to be honest dude, I don’t think there will be anyone in this group that would say that what I said wasn’t true or that they would disagree! You’ve become a kinda godfather of the group, people can come to you with a question….like the movie, “don uv400 I come asking you how to find these sunglasses I need really badly” Hahaha! Even the last ones, the Bartons, like how the **** do you find them…maybe caus I live in the uk and unless they’re police, rayban or any other generic brand we won’t have heard of them!! No one in uk knows who initium or Oliver peoples are though tbf, my mrs had never heard of them
Until I showed

I actually think I speak for us all to be honest dude, I don’t think there will be anyone in this group that would say that what I said wasn’t true or that they would disagree! You’ve become a kinda godfather of the group, people can come to you with a question….like the movie, “don uv400 I come asking you how to find these sunglasses I need really badly” Hahaha! Even the last ones, the Bartons, like how the **** do you find them…maybe caus I live in the uk and unless they’re police, rayban or any other generic brand we won’t have heard of them!! No one in uk knows who initium or Oliver peoples are though tbf, my mrs had never heard of them
Until I showed

Thank you Billy123, you really are too kind.:D(y)

The Godfather, Don UV400, Lol!!:lol:

"I'm gonna ID some eyewear you can't refuse"...

...but tell you all to stop collecting even more sunglasses??...

that-i-cannot-do-don-vito-corleone.gif

I think it's maybe that I've looked at that many pictures of sunglasses over the years, it's becoming more like that memory card game "concentration" or "matching pairs", which I was pretty good at when I was a kid. Sometimes I think, wait, I know I've seen that frame somewhere before - Yes, it is a matching pair!!!

Fortunately, I do have many other interests and creative hobbies too, which I think keep me from falling into some kind of eyewear oblivion!!

I just hope my posts help towards keeping this great thread going!! :)

View attachment 1568094
Stars and Stripes novelty aviators, I really pulled out all the stops and spent a whole 3 bucks for some (close enough) matches followed by my now customary OTT photo shoot...Lol
View attachment 1568095
So to get ready for Independence Day, i spent a little time looking for the Star-Spangled aviators. Working from the assumption that RDJ would buy "real" glasses if possible, combined with a vague memory of a real fashion line motif from a couple years ago, I have settled on them most likely being:

Polo Ralph Lauren PH3111 - if the color is gold then it's the 9004/V5 colorway, silver is 9001/V4.
I was going to pass them up as only being useful one week a year, but then my wife reminded me about Flag Day, Memorial Day, and Veteran's Day... and If all goes well, I should have a gold pair leaving Germany next week!

Attachments

• polo flag.jpg
    polo flag.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 39
Humph. I go 12 hours without searching Mosley on Posh so of course!

Silver lining, I just bought clear Square OP Soloists on Ebay, couldn't pass those up! Already have 2 in tortoise, just need the Black ones now.

So next time you get into a bar brawl, or get hit in the eye with a 100mph+ tennis ball, or perhaps just walk into a door...(that old chestnut!!) - I have the perfect frames for you to hide that black eye!!...
20220622_184103.jpg
20220531_155627.jpg
20220611_131849.jpg

These are Dolce & Gabbana 632S...
20220531_083202.jpg

The frames initially seem to look deceptively black/very dark in some shots, but these pics below do confirm that they aren't the black colorway, but are in fact the 818 (dark burgundy tortoise frame with the stock gradient brown lenses) 60□18 125...
20220531_083231.jpg
20220622_185708.jpg
20220622_185316.jpg

I managed to source a pair, but I think I'll give sourcing a black eye a miss though!!...:lol:

20220622_183156.jpg
20220622_183333.jpg
20220622_183451.jpg
20220622_183303.jpg

Good work again UV!

My Polo flag aviators are here.. got held up in customs a few days but FedEx got them to me fast.
The flag is made by a patterned mirror coating, it's more of a half-flash than a true mirror so much more subtle than you would think (relatively). Visibility of design depends much on lighting and surroundings.

Attachments

• 20220623_181225.jpg
    20220623_181225.jpg
    728.8 KB · Views: 57
BTW, they are a Luxottica product, build quality is decent, about right for the Polo line, I'd say; i.e. neither cheap nor super-high end. Nothing fancy, simple lines, narrow metal to keep them light. There are more if anyone wants them. There's not a lot of middle zone in flag theme aviators, pretty much it's UV400's stand-ins or move up to these.

I’d really like to buy them and do a ton of new gags with my friends but I’m afraid my almost wife is going to kill me the day I show up with these on. sorry schlegel one question, how does it feel to wear them in direct sunlight? thanks!

I've only had them on in late afternoon but they are a "real" sunglass gray, I forget the rating, but it is noted. Subjectively they are moderate gray i would say, not super-dark, but too dark to be called indoor glasses for sure. The coating doesn't bother me from the inside, you can tell there's a slight difference but it's mild. Probably because of being half-flash and not full mirror. It's not as over the top as you would think from the product pics or the RDJ pic, those are all maximum visibility angle shots. From other angles the flag can disappear. For what it's worth, my wife is not a fan of crazy glasses and she's the one who talked me into them. Now that she has seen them, she is of the opinion that they would be totally fine all summer from July 1 to Labor day.

Edit: light protection rating is 2N.

Last edited:
what if we found out that our friend uv400 was actually rdj, so that’s obvious that he can spot immediately any new frame he wears

what if we found out that our friend uv400 was actually rdj, so that’s obvious that he can spot immediately any new frame he wears
Oh no!! There goes my cover!! :oops:
I knew responding too quickly to posts would eventually get me busted!!

I sometimes get a bit bored in between shooting blockbuster movies and came across this amazing community, dedicated solely to my designer eyewear.
Wow, this is so cool!!

I like to help out fans when I can and don't mind sharing the info. on my stylish eyewear choices with you all.
Your inspiring thread actually assists me in choosing all my future eyewear and is also very useful in keeping a record of all of the frames I've worn over the years.

I'm glad you like my Caddis Root Cause Analysis, I got a "buy one get one free" deal with my black pair and also used a 5% off coupon that I cut out of Forbes magazine. Gotta save money where I can 'cos SDJ is on my case lately about how much I spend on eyewear!!

20220625_095423.jpg

That's me merrily running away with another eyewear purchase that the courier just handed me, in hot pursuit by the missus.
It just seemed so logical that it should become our logo.

- RDJ ??

LOL!!!!!:lol::lol:

gio, you crack me up dude,:lol: nice one!! Seriously, you made me laugh out loud...I'll have a smile on my face all day!!

RDJ should buy the rights to the UV400 Algo...LOL!!
blue-tape.gif

Couldn't help but swipe up these "brand new with tags" pink Isba on ebay.co.uk that I just spotted about an hour ago...
20220625_162516.jpg 20220625_162748.jpg
I didn't have any OP Isba's and have passed quite a few times on very steeply priced pink ones.
It looks like the added bonus of not having to make customs, as these look like they may be just the stock lenses...
20220625_163428.jpg 20220625_163511.jpg

Can't wait for them to arrive!! :cool:

Couldn't help but swipe up these "brand new with tags" pink Isba on ebay.co.uk that I just spotted about an hour ago...
View attachment 1591464 View attachment 1591465
I didn't have any OP Isba's and have passed quite a few times on very steeply priced pink ones.
It looks like the added bonus of not having to make customs, as these look like they may be just the stock lenses...
View attachment 1591473 View attachment 1591474

Can't wait for them to arrive!! :cool:
Wow!! That's a fantastic price.

I'm pretty sure the lenses are stock.

My Pink Isba are one of my absolute favourite frames

Wow!! That's a fantastic price.

I'm pretty sure the lenses are stock.

My Pink Isba are one of my absolute favourite frames
Thanks man!!
There was no bids at the starting price of just £17.50 o_O and a "buy it now" option for £50.00.
20220625_165053.jpg
I didn't think for a second of putting a bid in and swooped on the buy it now!!

5 days of patience and nerves of steel may have got me a mega £17.50 deal, but I thought it wise to avoid a possible bidding war - (and all the stress!!):cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back