Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I also bought it after being taught by UV.

Attachments

• 71B8759C-FB33-4F2A-BE33-6C8550BF71E2.jpeg
    71B8759C-FB33-4F2A-BE33-6C8550BF71E2.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 58
Thanks man!! :D(y)

Ultimately, it's all just pure guesswork here (it always is!!:lol:) - I've been trying to grab a decent moving image with the pause button and do some cropped images to try to convince myself...
View attachment 1584180 View attachment 1584181 View attachment 1584182

Still can't get over that blue hair though!! I'd like to think that maybe, just maybe, it's in preparation for the part of Grand Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars (I think maybe it was talked about with John Favreau)...LOL!!!...
View attachment 1584187 View attachment 1584188 View attachment 1584189
The blue hair was most likely to support his son's baseball team. The picture was taken at their championship game and the team color is blue...

The blue hair was most likely to support his son's baseball team. The picture was taken at their championship game and the team color is blue...
Haha, I know :lol:
That's some dedicated next level parenting right there!!

He still made sure his eyewear was color coordinated too. :cool:

Okay, so I'm really happy with the Oakley Frogskins Lite 0463 which just arrived...:D

20220614_145835.jpg
20220614_145939.jpg

Fortunately, the Oakley logo is "3D" and "raised", phew!!...(y)(y)
20220614_145716.jpg 20220614_145800.jpg
Depending on the angle, the lenses go from one extreme of yellow/orange...
20220614_151457.jpg

To dark orange midway...
20220614_145951.jpg

Then at just the right angle, a fantastic RUBY RED!!...:p
20220614_145610.jpg

20220614_151939.jpg

I really do now think these have to be the same model...:cool:(y)
20220613_083928.jpg

Okay, so I'm really happy with the Oakley Frogskins Lite 0463 which just arrived...:D

View attachment 1587217 View attachment 1587218

View attachment 1587219 View attachment 1587220
View attachment 1587228

To dark orange midway...
View attachment 1587221

View attachment 1587232
View attachment 1587233

View attachment 1587225
They look really awesome.
Mine should arrive in the next 2 days and I'm seriously looking forward to them now.

The raised logo and the different shades of lens colour looks great

They look really awesome.
Mine should arrive in the next 2 days and I'm seriously looking forward to them now.

The raised logo and the different shades of lens colour looks great
Thanks man!! :D

I don't think you'll be disappointed when yours arrive.

The angle where they look the most red matches the RDJ pic, which is shot "up over" from a lower down position, I tried to replicate and capture this angle by laying them flat and moving my phone up until the lenses turned red.

Mine came packaged in just a small Oakley black cardboard box with microfiber storage pouch. I'm looking for a more substantial "bargain priced" Oakley metal vault case for mine...:cool:

20220614_214914.jpg 20220614_214855.jpg

Thanks man!! :D

I don't think you'll be disappointed when yours arrive.

The angle where they look the most red matches the RDJ pic, which is shot "up over" from a lower down position, I tried to replicate and capture this angle by laying them flat and moving my phone up until the lenses turned red.

Mine came packaged in just a small Oakley black cardboard box with microfiber storage pouch. I'm looking for a more substantial "bargain priced" Oakley metal vault case for mine...:cool:

View attachment 1587380 View attachment 1587381
You did a great job of capturing the different colour changes of the lenses.

It will be interesting to see what kind of case (if any) comes with mine but I'll definitely need to get one if it's the same set up that you received

You did a great job of capturing the different colour changes of the lenses.

It will be interesting to see what kind of case (if any) comes with mine but I'll definitely need to get one if it's the same set up that you received
Thank you again dude, you are too kind. (y)

As these are the "Lite" versions after all, the frames aren't the most robust.
They could really benefit from that extra protection, as that cloth pouch doesn't really cut it.

There's plenty of these types of cases, which seem more than adequate, like the Oakley "Soft Vault"...
20220614_224617.jpg

Those metal versions just caught my eye. From what I can gather, I think the metal "rectangle" version is a vintage item and the Rolls-Royce of Oakley cases.

Just ordered these that UV posted recently. I couldn't find the red option but the turquoise are very nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-185505_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-185505_Samsung Internet.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 58
Awesome!! (y)
They must have just appeared on SmartBuyGlasses fairly recently.
A very nice find, especially brand new.
Thanks my friend!

Yeah, fingers crossed they are actually in stock!

I thought the price was pretty good and there's no denying they're very nice frames in a great colour. The red/pink are also very cool.

I like Police frames. They have some very cool designs.
I'm also just getting more proper sunglasses, (ie the Oakley frogskins the other day) planning ahead for upcoming vacations :)

View attachment 1587217 View attachment 1587218

View attachment 1587219 View attachment 1587220
View attachment 1587228

To dark orange midway...
View attachment 1587221

View attachment 1587232
View attachment 1587233

View attachment 1587225
Oakley frogskins have just arrived :)

I'm really happy with them for the same reasons UV has already described.

They look and feel great on and for my collection are something quite different.

Thanks my friend!

Yeah, fingers crossed they are actually in stock!

I thought the price was pretty good and there's no denying they're very nice frames in a great colour. The red/pink are also very cool.

I like Police frames. They have some very cool designs.
I'm also just getting more proper sunglasses, (ie the Oakley frogskins the other day) planning ahead for upcoming vacations :)
this is a real problem since we have so many evening/indoor lenses that the choice gets narrow when actual summer begins

this is a real problem since we have so many evening/indoor lenses that the choice gets narrow when actual summer begins
Exactly!
I live in the UK so often the light tints are ok but I was on the Costa Del Sol a couple of weeks ago (first time since covid) and I'd forgotten just how bright that Mediterranean sun is Lol

My Police S8299M, S1948 were fine but even the Carrera glory 2M286 gradient was only just sufficient.

Only pop on occasionally to see what new glasses everyone’s looking at, and wether there’s a new style I might like etc! But daaaaamn, if I hadn’t personally messaged and chatted to uv400 myself I’d be 1000% sure he was some sunglasses finding algo that had been created to make us all spend money!!! Honestly makes no sense how he finds them all so quickly! You’re in the presence of a glasses deity guys, be polite

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back