Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

uv400, I think I speak for everyone past present and future in this thread to thank you for your job iding obscure frames that even rdj sometimes couldn’t id, he’s going to wear another hundred frames and we’ll be here for another 350 pages.

speaking of rdj, can I say I dig this look with suit and tank top? I’m going to try eventually, if my wife doesn’t leave me

D326E0A1-7FEC-4E9F-9C0C-3C03CADC0DDD.jpeg

Thank you as always gio for your kind words, it's very much appreciated my friend. :love: (y)

Yeah, I was also wondering if I could ever pull off that look too, haha, I think I better wait until the summer!! Lol

Thank you as always gio for your kind words, it's very much appreciated my friend. :love: (y)

Yeah, I was also wondering if I could ever pull off that look too, haha, I think I better wait until the summer!! Lol
You can't escape is, we're all like Liam Neeson.... We'll find you! But from the bottom of all of our arc reactors.... Thank you!

Latest pics...
View attachment 1788282 View attachment 1788284 View attachment 1788285

These are the Jacques Marie Mage Herbie with custom lenses again...;)

View attachment 1788287

Plus, I realised I already had these covered as they were sitting in my "RDJ frame ID file", he wore these way back on April 17th 2015 in one of his IG posts...
View attachment 1788289 View attachment 1788290 View attachment 1788291View attachment 1788292

He's wearing them again...

View attachment 1788294 View attachment 1788295

These are another pair of Dolce & Gabbana DG 3195 (51□20 145), but the 2829 in the brushed camel colourway, with custom gradient grey top into clear lower lenses...;)

View attachment 1788297

This is to be my last post ID'ing frames on the main thread.
I've recently finished the ID'ing backlog of frames in my "RDJ frame ID file", it's eventually completed and up to date.

However, I'll still keep my hand in and be active on this awesome thread.:cool:

A big and massive heartfelt thank you to the handful of courteous and kind members who've supported me over the years with your regular "likes" and kind acknowledgement. :love:
It has been your regular and consistent appreciation of my posts that has literally made all the difference - I'll be in touch privately soon.

Appreciation is one of life's greatest motivators, which brings me to this simple but touchingly apt quote...

"A person who feels appreciated will always do more than is expected".
This thread is a really fun place to compile various research and my own thoughts. However, this thread is starting to look like a mail order site. Customers who buy products are also becoming more selfish. UV400's posts are like a museum of sunglasses, with beautiful English and easy-to-read photos that are very attractive. It's nice to see a photo of someone happy with their purchase, but we should have more fun thoughts like his post. You should also express your appreciation for the information and exchange accordingly. That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:
This thread is a really fun place to compile various research and my own thoughts. However, as online shopping sites gradually become more and more like online shopping sites, customers who purchase products are also becoming more selfish. UV400's posts are like a sunglasses museum, with beautiful English and easy-to-read photos that are very attractive. It's nice to see a photo of someone happy with their purchase, but we should have more fun thoughts like his post. It is also necessary to express gratitude for the information and exchange information accordingly. That's just my opinion though.
I wouldn't mind at all if UV400 gave a little photography class... or even just a tip or two; he has by far the best pictures and I would love to improve mine!

Lately, I feel that frames in this color are also effective. I'll get it and check it out.View attachment 1788947View attachment 1788949View attachment 1788948
I love my black D&G 6002 to an almost disturbing level Lol

I never thought I'd get a pair - it was a day of great celebration when they arrived safe and sound.

The lenses I had made are a pretty good match. The reason I haven't shared them is the photos don't do the tint colour justice - absolutely awesome to wear though!!!

Speaking of, just picked mine up at a random eyeglass store a few weeks ago. Super lucky find. Still keeping my eye out for the DG 3195 in brushed green! Haven’t found those in any color yet
View attachment 1789935View attachment 1789936
I won't know if this frame is correct until I try it with actual lenses. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Almost black is the correct answer.

finally got the caddis bandit today, it’s a really nice frame, as uv400 already pointed out the front lines are not so different compared to the dita flight. my only complaint could be that at first glance it looks really solid, but maybe too much solid after wearing it for an afternoon at work :lol:

it’s a bit hard and heavy on the temples, but I think it’ll soften eventually.

now I get why rdj brought two different frames with him at that award night!

finally got the caddis bandit today, it’s a really nice frame, as uv400 already pointed out the front lines are not so different compared to the dita flight. my only complaint could be that at first glance it looks really solid, but maybe too much solid after wearing it for an afternoon at work :lol:

it’s a bit hard and heavy on the temples, but I think it’ll soften eventually.

now I get why rdj brought two different frames with him at that award night!
In a way it's bit more over the top than the Dita (not a common descriptor!) but not crazy. I found a pair too. Caddis at least are usually findable at an affordable price, so that's a plus as well! Yes, they are solid, I tend to prefer that feeling myself. Superlight frames actually kind of feel weird to me.

In a way it's bit more over the top than the Dita (not a common descriptor!) but not crazy. I found a pair too. Caddis at least are usually findable at an affordable price, so that's a plus as well! Yes, they are solid, I tend to prefer that feeling myself. Superlight frames actually kind of feel weird to me.
I know the shape is different, but do you know what they remind me when worn? an old picture of rdj wearing black optical matsuda (I was sure I had the picture but I can’t find it)

the thick acetate gives me that impression

While on the subject of glasses that look like other glasses, I picked up these Hugo Boss 0306 aviators that have rather obvious Dita inspiration for $45. They are made by the Safilo Group, so quality level is similar to the Polaroids. I wouldn't pay the MSRP of $200 plus, ever, but for the sale price they aren't bad. Actually they might be useful as an example when someone asks why buy expensive Japanese-made glasses. Side by side, even the uninitiated can tell there's a quality difference in every aspect between these and a pair of Dita Flight 006.

Attachments

• 20240221_184443.jpg
    20240221_184443.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back