Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Must agree with everyone here!! Even though my purchases have been based on stark and not rdj glasses, this group has been awesome on both fronts! You guys are awesome, keep it up, I check back in daily anyway!! Anyone think stark might appear in black widow movie with glasses??
As most are probably already aware, any Stark appearance in Black Widow will be from unused (recycled) Civil War footage - I sincerely hope it is footage with eyewear, it would be great to get one last movie pair to end the entire collection off nicely, in a last encore and final farewell of the character!!

It has been previously mentioned that at the time of Civil War, Initium stated on its website that as well as the Police s1948 NVAH (clear over black with custom red lenses) being featured in the movie, that the s1948 NK5H (bordeaux over tortoise), but also with custom lenses, was also used in some scenes. This prompted most of us to also buy the NK5H for that very reason.
20200907_025825.png 20200907_014556.png

That was since removed some time ago from the Initium website.
On balance, it is still maybe worth considering that the NK5H's use in the movie was indeed stated as a fact at that time.

I suppose it wouldn't be very probable though, to have two of the same style frames in the movie.

Anyway, I would also love to see the rumored hot rod red armoured All-In's, the NK5H, or any frame for that matter!!
20200907_025651.png 20200907_014556.png 20200907_030310.png
To avoid any disappointment, maybe don't dash out to try to grab some hot red All-In's or NK5H's, unless you like the frames anyway as standalone non-movie pieces!! - It's just honest helpful speculation with the very best intentions at this point!! Lol:D

I read a while ago, any appearance is likely to be only a very small cameo, where Stark is talking (or arguing) with Natasha. The footage being obviously cut from Civil War, either due to time or left out for some reason as an unreleased deleted scene.

Fingers crossed there's eyewear in there somewhere!!:D

Last edited:
RDJ said he was completely done with Marvel in a recent interview.

As for my inquiry... anyone know these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-07-02-05-47.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-07-02-05-47.png
    547.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_2020-09-04-07-59-24.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-04-07-59-24.png
    780.7 KB · Views: 120
RDJ said he was completely done with Marvel in a recent interview.

As for my inquiry... anyone know these?
First pair:
The light is catching the frames and they look a lot like they could be the Police Highway Zero 1 SPL361 589X (shiny palladium silver frame with grey slight mirror lenses), or perhaps, maybe even the 08H5 (gunmetal frame with stock grey lenses) 56□18 140
20200907_071540.png 20200907_074632.png 20200907_080154.png 20200907_080051.png 20200907_075717.png

Second pair: A bit tricky, can only find a match with Prada PS04FV TFZ-1O1 (matte rubberized black frame front, light grey rubberized side arms with what look like custom light pink lenses) 55□17 140
The most readily available version I can find of the PS04FV have different side arms though, with the red Prada logo on the side...
20200907_075458.png 20200907_074552.png 20200907_075910.png

They seem to have (or share) the same side arms of the PS52FV TFZ-1O1, where the red Prada logo is on the tip ends...
20200907_074439.png

...But a bit more searching around and I have found an image where they match up and are correct...(so it must be an older or first edition of the Prada PS04FV model)...
20200907_074536.png 20200907_074518.png 20200907_074501.png

Phew, what a nightmare!! Lol :D (y)

Last edited:
I see Initium is offering $75 off for Labor Day with a coupon code, but I'm slightly upset and a bit miffed that this offer (somewhat unfairly) includes the LC Red Havana too!!
20200906_084901.png

So, pre-order 7 or 8 months ago and save $99, or just step in now and save $75??

That is a bit unfair, no matter how you slice it!! (In all fairness, it may just be a mistake or an oversight).
I've doubled checked and it's definitely giving the $75 off the LC's at checkout. :confused:

Oh well, I guess I'm not going to dwell on it too much and just look forward to their much anticipated arrival.:)

Well, this cheered me up:lol:
20200907_102609.png

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed on the initium website, that on the British steel choice of colours, one of them is ‘create you own custom colour’....so does that mean that if you picked stirated brown from iron man 2 as your custom colour, they could create it?? Maybe not, but just a thought

Has anyone noticed on the initium website, that on the British steel choice of colours, one of them is ‘create you own custom colour’....so does that mean that if you picked stirated brown from iron man 2 as your custom colour, they could create it?? Maybe not, but just a thought
The custom color is a crystal frame then dyed to whatever color you want.

after a month with the british steel I have to say they really made a good job, is it true that the older versions were way smaller?

A little off topic but how do you guys feel about switching out lenses with the brand etched on them for a custom lens from a local opticians?
I have the Tom Ford Johnsons, but the black frame with blue gradient. I love them, the fact that they're not the same as in endgame doesn't bother me, they are very cool.
I have considered getting a lighter lens for indoor wear as the lens is really only appropriate for outdoor sunny weather. Obviously the Tom Ford branding would be missing.
How do you guys feel about that stuff?

A little off topic but how do you guys feel about switching out lenses with the brand etched on them for a custom lens from a local opticians?
I have the Tom Ford Johnsons, but the black frame with blue gradient. I love them, the fact that they're not the same as in endgame doesn't bother me, they are very cool.
I have considered getting a lighter lens for indoor wear as the lens is really only appropriate for outdoor sunny weather. Obviously the Tom Ford branding would be missing.
How do you guys feel about that stuff?
It's always a little sad when I have to take out original lenses just to get screen accurate, but a bit like yourself, I wear lighter custom tints indoors constantly and tend to wear the darker lens frames outside that are screen accurate etc. that have the original lenses as seen in the movies.

Removing my Dita .006 lenses, Garrett Leight Canal's and all of the Oliver Peoples high quality glass lenses are good examples that really, I should leave them in!!
That said, I sometimes switch them back for a change now and then!!
I now keep my eyewear in their original cases and the original lenses in little felt pouches in their respective presentation outer boxes to keep them safe and to find them easily. :D

It's always a little sad when I have to take out original lenses just to get screen accurate, but a bit like yourself, I wear lighter custom tints indoors constantly and tend to wear the darker lens frames outside that are screen accurate etc. that have the original lenses as seen in the movies.

Removing my Dita .006 lenses, Garrett Leight Canal's and all of the Oliver Peoples high quality glass lenses are good examples that really, I should leave them in!!
That said, I sometimes switch them back for a change now and then!!
I now keep my eyewear in their original cases and the original lenses in little felt pouches in their respective presentation outer boxes to keep them safe and to find them easily. :D
Yeah, I wear eyewear all the time indoors when out and about - bars, restaurants, friends homes etc. I'm never without glasses on, that's how I justify the constant purchases to the Mrs :lol:.
The Johnsons are limited in that respect. To be honest I'm considering switching out the Ditas to the light blue lens for the same reason.

Man I need to stay off this forum :D
In the last day I've ordered the Carrera Champions (although with red frames), the Carrera 180 F-S and just now the Prada PR50VS.

Oh, and I ordered some Paul Smith Arnold because I liked them as well

My wife is gonna kill me :lol:

Yep... After the last couple pairs of glasses I bought I've decided to limit myself to just glasses from the films. I don't have the budget that some of you guys have - Wish I did LOL.

That said, thought I'd share my recent acquisition - NON-RDJ.
I give you Entourage of 7 Beacon 1020 as worn by Matt Damon portraying Carroll Shelby in Ford vs Ferrari.
IMG_6276C.jpg

IMG_6273C.jpg

IMG_6280C.jpg

Cheers
Steven

Yep... After the last couple pairs of glasses I bought I've decided to limit myself to just glasses from the films. I don't have the budget that some of you guys have - Wish I did LOL.

That said, thought I'd share my recent acquisition - NON-RDJ.
I give you Entourage of 7 Beacon 1020 as worn by Matt Damon portraying Carroll Shelby in Ford vs Ferrari.
View attachment 1346074
View attachment 1346075
View attachment 1346076

Cheers
Steven
Nice.
I tend to focus on RDJ frames rather than the movies. I do have the Civil war initium, Homecoming Concept 2, the red Matsuda m3023. I also gave myself a massive treat in the summer last year of the Dita flight 006, although not movie accurate they are a superb piece.
I got the Givenchy 7125/s quite early and had the lenses customised to the light yellow. They're probably my favourite frames (although the initium Civil War are probably equal).
I find, not surprisingly, that the movie frames command a much higher price. Although adding custom lenses obviously adds to the price I've picked up a good few RDJ frames at very good prices. Where I can't find an RDJ frame I'll get something close, often in the same brand as the RDJ's which are proving illusive. When one of the guys on this group id's a particular frame which then happens to contain the stock lens and I can find and afford it it's the best feeling.
UV400 id'd the Prada pr50vs which I ordered last week, an absolute result. Really cool frames which i actually got from Edel optics for £150. I must have got the last pair of that colour. I looked 2 days later and the other colours had gone up to £211 which is a bonus. I got the Carrera 180 F-S for a very reasonable price, once again thanks to UV400.

Nice.
I tend to focus on RDJ frames rather than the movies. I do have the Civil war initium, Homecoming Concept 2, the red Matsuda m3023. I also gave myself a massive treat in the summer last year of the Dita flight 006, although not movie accurate they are a superb piece.
I got the Givenchy 7125/s quite early and had the lenses customised to the light yellow. They're probably my favourite frames (although the initium Civil War are probably equal).
I find, not surprisingly, that the movie frames command a much higher price. Although adding custom lenses obviously adds to the price I've picked up a good few RDJ frames at very good prices. Where I can't find an RDJ frame I'll get something close, often in the same brand as the RDJ's which are proving illusive. When one of the guys on this group id's a particular frame which then happens to contain the stock lens and I can find and afford it it's the best feeling.
UV400 id'd the Prada pr50vs which I ordered last week, an absolute result. Really cool frames which i actually got from Edel optics for £150. I must have got the last pair of that colour. I looked 2 days later and the other colours had gone up to £211 which is a bonus. I got the Carrera 180 F-S for a very reasonable price, once again thanks to UV400.
Yeah... I couldn't miss out on the Dita's either. That one hurt the bank account. LOL
I also picked up the Givenchy - how/where did you source replacement lenses? I have a knock off pair as well with pretty close lenses but they might be slightly larger. Can't bring myself to try to remove the original lenses as I'm afraid I'll damage them.
What the correct color on the Prada - Silver frame light grey lenses? - (edit) Never mind - found the post. Light blue lenses.

Cheers
Steven

Yeah... I couldn't miss out on the Dita's either. That one hurt the bank account. LOL
I also picked up the Givenchy - how/where did you source replacement lenses? I have a knock off pair as well with pretty close lenses but they might be slightly larger. Can't bring myself to try to remove the original lenses as I'm afraid I'll damage them.
What the correct color on the Prada - Silver frame light grey lenses? - (edit) Never mind - found the post. Light blue lenses.

Cheers
Steven
I'm based in England. I use a company called lensology. They've done quite a few lens replacements for me. As with these things sometimes the lenses are a touch too light or dark but never so much to create an issue. The Givenchy were spot on though which I was obviously very happy with.

I seem to have got lucky with the Prada. I got the last pair from edel optics and for some reason at £60 cheaper than the price a day later on the other colour options. All colours had been at the lower price when I bought mine.

I'm based in England. I use a company called lensology. They've done quite a few lens replacements for me. As with these things sometimes the lenses are a touch too light or dark but never so much to create an issue. The Givenchy were spot on though which I was obviously very happy with.

I seem to have got lucky with the Prada. I got the last pair from edel optics and for some reason at £60 cheaper than the price a day later on the other colour options. All colours had been at the lower price when I bought mine.
I just found and bought the Pradas with the light blue lenses from a site here in the US - They offered a 20% discount for signing up so I got them for $120. Nice! but Dammit! I'm going against my own rules and it's all your fault. LOL!

Cheers
Steven

I just found and bought the Pradas with the light blue lenses from a site here in the US - They offered a 20% discount for signing up so I got them for $120. Nice! but Dammit! I'm going against my own rules and it's all your fault. LOL!

Cheers
Steven
Lol.That's an awesome deal!
They are very cool, again I would not have found them but for this group, and if I had seen the footage I wouldn't have id's them.

Cheers
Mark

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back