Can you use two different latex's?

ShawDizzle

This will be my last post for a while..haha..i promise. I got a can of mold builder latex for my suite and i am about to run out...im not going to have enough to meet my goal of 5 layers. Im planning on ordering more and wanted to know if I would be able to buy a small amount of the mask making latex off monstermaker. Would I be ok doing that using a different latex for the last layer? Will this ruin anything. Im on layer 4 and I am going to paint some small details on and add a 5th layer of latex for skin depth...

Can my final layer be a different latex than the rest?
thanx
brian

Well im n expert in latex but, me i wouldnt think there would be a problem with it. however im not sayin go for it, lol thats up to you. i personally wouldnt think ti would matter much at all.

I used the mold making latex to make the muscles on my suit, then used mask making latex to cover the entire thing and it turned out fine.

Thanx guys. Ive been asking around and they all say i should be fine. Latex is latex..haha. I just hope this monster maker latex dries thicker and thick enough for my last 2 layers to cover up all the crap underneath it. You think it will?

monster makers is really nice and thick. i usually only have to do a few coats when i slush/dwell a mask. and i make my masks thick.

sweet, i cant wait to get it and apply it. hopefully 2 coats is enough to hide the colors underneath. 2 more layers will make 5 and that was my target thickness.

you may want to add some acrylic paint to the latex to tint it,it will help hide previous colors. I used an off white for mine,I believe it was called "bleached sand"

you may want to add some acrylic paint to the latex to tint it,it will help hide previous colors. I used an off white for mine,I believe it was called "bleached sand"

i think i have that exact color as well....im still waiting on the new latex though. IDK what the hell is taking so long

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back