Can anyone ID this knife from Alien Covenant?

Slash-5

Sr Member
Here are some screenshots:
Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.29.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.30.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.31.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-03 at 9.31.45 PM.png

Important features:
1) Large folder
2) American Tanto point
3) Rather large, rounded choil
4) Quillon or guard-like portrusions on both sides of the blade
5) Black blade and handle, but silver pivot screw.
6) Slightly dropped point

I think this Gerber, Emmerson designed Kershaw or this custom Emmmerson is close, but not exact.

30-001296.jpgEMBLDGBTn.jpgKS6014TBLKn.jpg

Of all of them, given the choil size, the back guard, silver button, blade angles, etc., I think the Gerber is the closest.

Part of the problem I had ID'ing this is that in some of the scene she is actually holding the knife upside down...

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 10.09.33 PM.png

But she seems to be pulling it out of this sheath:

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 10.17.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 10.07.06 PM.png

Which looks like a Tie Tactical sheath. Sigh. Driving me nuts.

447196696.jpg

It's almost like it's three different knives. A fixed blade, from the sheath (trailing point). Then a tanto point folder, and then a rubber knife that bends when she waves it around. Going frame by frame here...

Last edited:
That's a different knife. I also noticed that Oram seems to be carrying a Fox Knives survival parang and Daniels carries a smallish hunting knife in a right hand sheath on her left side.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure that the tango they carry is a fixed blade, hence the sheath and it looks to have a 5 or 6 inch blade.

That's a different knife. I also noticed that Oram seems to be carrying a Fox Knives survival parang and Daniels carries a smallish hunting knife in a right hand sheath on her left side.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure that the tango they carry is a fixed blade, hence the sheath and it looks to have a 5 or 6 inch blade.

Yes! Good eyes.

Last edited:
Maaaaaybe a Tops Knives SG1060 ATC SG Five Fixed Blade Knife?

sg1060-3.jpg

I thought it might be this one by TOPS, but the choil is wrong.

wtp3_medium_.jpg

My first thought was a TOPS or Strider fixed blade tanto but it could be anything. There's probably 100 makers of very similar knives on the market.

I found this Buck that looks very similar-

622604.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Could also be a Gerber Warrant.

View attachment 749231

I believe this is it:
be119bk$08-benchmade-be119bk-08.jpg

It is unusual for a tanto to have a scalloped blade like that. But this is a discontinued Benchmade that checks every box except the tanto point. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they did actually make this with a tanto as well.

Sorry, just realized I didn't post the model name. Benchmade Sibert Arvensis 119BK. Couple more images:
benchmade-119bk-arvensis-fixed-large.jpgbenchmade-BE119BK-00.jpg648b749283c8d4634c064e444856bfec.jpg
The grind the, the scallop at the base of the blade, the hilt, the quillions, the tube rivets, the handle are all dead ringers for the images you posted. I have yet to find it in a tanto point but there is a serrated model. Could just be the camera angles, but the rivet explains why it looks like there is a thumb stud or hinge pin at one point. I would check to see if you can spot where they covered up the butterfly stamp in slow mo. That'd probably clinch it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back