Camp Lehigh Flag Replica

SeattleMaddog

I made this Camp Lehigh flag replica last year but realised I've never shared it on the RPF. There are some good reference photos available but I noticed at least two variants of the actual prop with slightly different fonts. I took the best available reference and created a stencil then had it printed full size.
Camp Lehigh-2.jpg
Next I used spray glue to attach the print to a stencil material (I cannot remember its name.) from my local art supplier. Cutting it out was a laborious process spread over many hours and two days at the table with a scalpel and aching hands.
Camp Lehigh.jpg
The material is nice khaki cotton that should billow nicely on a flagpole, and I hemmed it on the wife's sewing machine. I used an sand coloured acrylic paint to create a aged look, and dubbed it on over the stencil with a sponge, painting both sides individually. This means the back and front are misaligned but I doubt anyone would notice when it's flying. I added two eyelet grommets to complete the flag.

It was a fun project, and forced me to explore several crafting techniques.

Camp Lehigh-3.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back