Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Prestige Emblems - MW3 (Models complete!!)

aron42486

I am making these for a friend that loves MW3. Of course I love it too so I may just have to get a set for me.

Reference images:
390152_302002706493994_223864920974440_1138852_1700188939_n.jpg

Final models:
Full%2BSet.jpg

All%252520Emblems%2525201.jpg

All%252520Emblems%2525202.jpg

All%252520Emblems%2525203.jpg

Prestige Emblems are badges of honor that show that you have played the multiplayer game to the highest rank and decided to start from scratch and do it over again.

There are 10 Prestige Levels and 10 Prestige Emblems.

I'll be printing these the size of actual military medals (~1" diameter) so that they could be displayed very nicely. I will also make other sizes availabe. To start with I will print these in high detail plastic, with steel to come. I will add other materials when I know they can handle the level of detail.

The models are substantially complete, just needing small adjustments here and there for sizing. I'll post pictures when I have completed medals to show.

(Reference photos were very blurry so this is my interpretation.)

Prestige 1
P1%252520Emblem.jpg

Prestige 2
P2%252520Emblem.jpg

Prestige 3
P3%252520Emblem.jpg

Prestige 4
P4.jpg

Prestige 5
P5.jpg

Prestige 6
P6.jpg

Prestige 7
P7.jpg

Prestige 8
P8.jpg

Prestige 9
P9.jpg

Prestige 10
P10.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Modern Warfare 3 Prestige Emblems - MW3

That's awesome dude, I'm sure if you advertised those to other MW3 players, you could make a small fortune.

Thanks Scareb, once I make sure that the test prints are good to go I can open it up to everyone on here

Have you thought about making Ribbon drapes for the medals and maybe ribbons?

Also what about any other series like Modern Warfares 1/2 and Black ops?

The commission is just for the emblems but I have been searching for suppliers where I could get ribbons to go with them. If I can find something that works then I will strongly consider them.

I currently just want to see how these go, but if there is future interest for emblems of the other series then I might give them a go. The Black Ops emblems would be far more difficult due to all the detailed organic shapes. I know the dragon would be a real headache...

Last edited:

I'd thought of something like this for the awards in Mass Effect. These are a good collectible for fans because they don't take up much space and you can display them nicely.

Finished modeling number 3 and 7 and added pics to the first post.

Last edited:

Very cool project. Small, but very cool indeed.
You designed these in a 3D software right? And you are planning to 3D print them? or how do you plan on making them?

Very cool project. Small, but very cool indeed.
You designed these in a 3D software right? And you are planning to 3D print them? or how do you plan on making them?

Yes, I designed them in 3DS max and will be printing them through Shapeways. I know that a 1" medal is small but they could always be scaled up to as large as a dinner plate. The controlling factor will be cost.

Based on my current estimates a 1" steel medal could be in the ballpark of $20 each. For the same cost I could get a 3" medal in their cheapest nylon. The 3" medal has about 10x the volume as the 1"

My test pieces should arrive within the next 2 weeks. From there I will be able to determine I how thick they must be and will have a better idea on final cost then.

Start up costs are also killer for small pieces so I may be connecting all 10 medals together to be printed as a set. They could be connected by small tabs like model kits. Saving 90% of start up costs is worth a little dremel and sanding.

Awesome! Would you consider selling some? Of course this would be after you have completed the build ^-^

Thanks guys.

I will definitely make these available through Shapeways. I will likely have several sizes and materials available so that everyone can choose what they like.

I may end up ordering a full set for myself as well. If I do and if I can find the time, I may do a run of casts in urethane. This would be cheaper than individuals ordering nylon prints through Shapeways. Any metal materials would still have to be printed, as there is not enough space on my porch for a foundry.

Did some work on Emblem 9 tonight. The skull was a lot tougher to do but I should have it finished by tomorrow. I am aiming to get the models finished by next week.

Last edited:
Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Prestige Emblems - MW3

Emblem 9 was giving me a real headache but I finally have a skull that I'm happy with. And since the skull is done I will have an easier time with #10. Still need to finish off 5 but I am clocking out for the night.

I will definitely need a test print of the skull as I do not know how much of the detail will show up in a 1" diameter print. The insets are .5 mm but some of the contours are down to .1 mm.

If a test print fails then the skull will just have to be a flat shape. Hopefully it works out, but I'm still not 100% sure what the printers can handle.

Last edited:

A buddy just sent me a picture with the correct order for the Emblems, and I did have them incorrectly numbered. I have editted my posts for the correct order and will now complete them in sequence.

I'm still not 100% sure what the printers can handle.

If you check out the material on Shapeways they often tell you minimum thickness and detail levels etc. In the cheap Nylon (WSF) it quotes a minimum detail of 0.2mm.

If you print it in one of the fine plastics more detail will show up, 0.1mm

However steel shows very little detail and will most likely wash out the design, 1mm detail.

Number 9 is taking far longer than I expected. Getting the shapes around the curves is a nightmare but I'm getting it done.

It's almost there, I just need to add thickness to it but I do love the detail. I'll finish it off next week after the holiday

Last edited:

I think I'll be saving #10 for last, just seems appropriate.

Finished #9 and #4, and about 80% through with #5. Pictures below and added to the first post.

In other news, I'm still waiting on most of my test pieces to come in, should be in next week. I say most because my alumide piece ended up being too thin in some areas and got rejected.

Shapeways gave me a credit to ordered a thicker one and it arrived before the others. I'll take some pictures of it later.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back