Buzz Lightyear & Woody for Halloween (kid size), first time build!

Re: Buzz Lightyear & Woody for Halloween (kid size), first time build!

I got a few extra mins today to work on this since my husband took the 4 year old to swimming!

I used a bowl from the party store and cut it down with a soldering pen. I was all i could think of that would work easily with out cracking it.
photo 1.JPG

This ring will have a layer of purple knit covering it completely and a slit for his head to pop through
photo 2.JPG

Since the 4 year old isn't home ill test it on the 2 year old! I will add elastic straps inside to hold it off his shoulders
photo 3.JPG

That's it for now…..

- - - Updated - - -

i don't know why all my photos are sideways? ooops

Really wishing I had gone the paint route. Oh well next time I know better. All pieces are cut some shaped and some covered. Maybe things will go faster after getting a start today

Getting so close to finishing!!! All the last little details coming together. Now if only I could find the last LED bulb I need. A white or green flasher. Of course with all the pinball parts my husband has he doesn't have what I need. I will upload pictures as soon as I have time. I thought I had till Friday night to finish but its looking like Friday afternoon now. Not a huge change but I do most work after kids go to bed.

Ok.... Apparently I could upload from my phone this whole time :) here are a few in no particular order

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
The diaper type piece attaches to itself at the sides and between the legs with Velcro. That way it doesn't create car seat safety problems
Wings aren't done or attached I just was taking a quick picture to see how they looked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 115
Nicely done! Your kids are going to love this!! Have they been practicing their lines? "To infinity... and beyond!"

Thank you! My sons face lit up this morning when he saw it. They've got their lines down; weve seen all the toy stories countless times. The only thing is the 2 year old (woody) likes Buzz's lines :) oh well.

Only 3 more details and I'm DONE! Lights on the jet pack thing (easy. I just need to drill 6 little holes for the wires that way I can attach the batteries inside). I need to print up the space ranger logo for the front and the Lightyear name tag for the chest piece. Then put them on. As fun as this was, I'm ready to be done. I'm hoping to get 2-3 halloweens out of the buzz costume. I will post some pictures later today. I need to try them on them and submit a photo for a pattern designer. I used her shorts pattern (modified) to make buzz's pants. Peek a boo patterns. And fishsticks Charlie t and hoodie was modified for the vest and buzz's hood, gotta make sure to give credit ;)

QUESTION: can I use hot glue to hold the light in the hold and keep the wires from shorting out? Or just tape?

DONE! Buzz Lightyear & Woody for Halloween (kid size), first time build!

Heres some quick pics from this morning. I still have other photos to upload but its easier to do it on the computer. The wings are slightly angled and its annoying but it will do for our zoo trip. One looks like its falling down but it's not that's just the whole piece moving on him. I need to figure out a way to keep it steady when its on him. And still be easy to move and put on and off.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back