Building the Sandcrawler

Thank you very much. Ollie~!

Your SC is flawless.:thumbsup
Initially, my plan to build the SC was inspired by your good job.

thanks Eric.

Thanks Eric,.. wow,.. that means alot to me.. But seriously,.. yours is the best i`ve seen.. you`ve done a great job researching for this, and the build is awezome!! i didn`t use any original parts, and its not SS, i had to scratch everything (maybe thats why i cant finish it!!!) anyway,.. this and Lasse`s Tantive are my favourite ongoing projects right now.. Keep on building!!..

Ollie.

WOW, Eric! I've been so busy with my build that I'm sorry I haven't seen your progress here. This is OUTSTANDING! Awesome job!

Rick

Sorry for late reply!

Unfortunately, I never consider the casting for kit and it is actually impossible to make the sillicone.

thanks Eric.

Hey Eric,

This looks nothing short of stunning! Great job.

Is this something you'll be casting and selling once you're done?

Thanks.

Thank you very much my friends :)

The painting is not started yet and I'm still scratchbuilding some unIDed parts in order to close to the prop.

Nearly, I can see the finish before painting.

Rick,

No worry~! It is no problem because your ISD is perfect.:thumbsup

thanks Eric.

WOW, Eric! I've been so busy with my build that I'm sorry I haven't seen your progress here. This is OUTSTANDING! Awesome job!

Rick

I have really enjoyed following this thread, I look forward to the painting. Your work is flawless. I love the photograph of you standing with all the models, what a display!!! Keep up the good work, Jim.

Is Lorne Peterson a member of this forum?? If not I think I'll send him a link to this build..

GREAT work to be sure.

Highest regards

MARK

Thank you very much my friends :)

The painting is not started yet and I'm still scratchbuilding some unIDed parts in order to close to the prop.

Nearly, I can see the finish before painting.

Rick,

No worry~! It is no problem because your ISD is perfect.:thumbsup

thanks Eric.

No worries. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Mois,

This is the latest progress :)
Finally, I completely finished the scratch build for unIDed parts.

If you seriously see the pics, probably, you can easily find the scratch build parts among the original parts.
Actually, I tried to match it to the original part as I can do.

Now, remaining work for my SC is only painting....

thanks Eric.

Last edited:
your kidding right , the thing is a museum piece . Scratch building a few pieces makes it even more great. After seeing the real one at the star wars exhibit , i like yours better.

-James

I'm speechless ... it's simply stunning ... well simply seems like a wrong word to use here.

Eric it's a fantastic piece.. A museum piece ... well more than that .. it's art!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back