Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8 Footer Star Destroyer Bridge and Neck

Thanks for the support guys.

I did some good progress today. I built the neck, add some parts on it (and on the facia) and starting the plating :

8ft40.jpg

8ft41.jpg

8ft42.jpg

8ft43.jpg

8ft44.jpg

8ft45.jpg

Thanks for your support, I need it ! :thumbsup

In Primer this is really going to come to life!:thumbsup
Looking Good Julien how high does it stand?

Hey Julien,

Gorgeous:thumbsup
I'm waiting you make full model of 8 footer ISD.:lol

thanks Eric.

That is fracking sweet! Look forward to seeing it primed and painted even if it DOES look fantastic as is already. An 8 foot model would be the icing on the cake. Would take forever but would be the cream of the crop. I think they used HO scale? tracks in the open bay area.

I'm speechless Julien, that is just gobsmacking work my friend!. I love seeing all the kit part colors, it's just like a work of art. You realise of course that now you've gotten this far the little voice in your head is telling you to, why not go a bit further and build the superstructure and then hell, I may as well build the whole thing and voila Julien, one ESB 8 foot stardestroyer after, hmmm lets see, 5 years of hard graft lol!.
Love it J, you never cease to amaze me dude!.
Stu:lol

Thanks guys,

Michael, it's exactly 12" tall but it will be taller once the globes are installed.

I really want to build the whole model if I can find a place to get my plexi cut at a fair price !

It will be quite big but that would be fun !

ISDbuilding2.jpg

Does anyone who is this guy working on the superstructures ?

ISDbuilding3.jpg

ISDILMbuildingpic6.jpg

Belyd, I think you're right about HO tracks, here's a pic of Mike Fulmer building the hangar bay and that looks like the right deal !

ISDbuilding4.jpg

Thanks Stu !

I dont think it would take so long to build the whole model, I guess it can be achieved in less than one year by one person (not working full time on her). The only thing which can slow the process is money and tracking the kits since some of them are very hard to find now !

Thanks guys,

Michael, it's exactly 12" tall but it will be taller once the globes are installed.

I really want to build the whole model if I can find a place to get my plexi cut at a fair price !

It will be quite big but that would be fun !

ISDbuilding2.jpg

Does anyone who is this guy working on the superstructures ?

ISDbuilding3.jpg

ISDILMbuildingpic6.jpg

Belyd, I think you're right about HO tracks, here's a pic of Mike Fulmer building the hangar bay and that looks like the right deal !

ISDbuilding4.jpg

hi tox where you have found these pics ?
on cd sculpting a galaxy:thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back