Building my own Batcave -- transformation vid 10-7-11

Re: Building my own Batcave -- Added better pics 8/10/11

You sir have what most of us will only DREAM of - a real life man/bat cave!!! Thank you for sharing the pictures with us...you truly have an amazing room to bring people into and brag about.

Re: Building my own Batcave -- Added better pics 8/10/11

You sir have what most of us will only DREAM of - a real life man/bat cave!!!

No, Man-bat was a different comic book character! :lol

Great job, Streeter. How about a metal gridded shelf or floor-plate, underlit, to cast some awesome shadows on the walls and roof?

Last edited:
Re: Building my own Batcave -- Finished with video 9/2/11!

A nice culmination to what was undoubtedly a good bit of hard work. :thumbsup It looks like a great place to hang out, and kudos to your wife for her acquiescence, but your video... the dialog has gotten buried underneath the musical score...

Heh heh you're right, but the music is better than my voice any day!

Fantastic job you did with this set up. Thanks for sharing. I really love the way you integrated the electronics / gaming stuff too :) :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Re: Building my own Batcave -- PICS UPDATE 8/8/11

Hey all, I don't know if you're tired of seeing pics or not, but I thought I would take some better quality pics to show. I have been using my iPhone which isn't the best quality, so these were taken with my digital camera. A little better.

And I get the couch in 9 days! Yay!

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

IMG_4744.JPG

These are some really nice pictures. Thank you for sharing with me and the rest of the forum. You mentioned about the body suit. Where did you get it?

Great romm and display. sorry to hear about the water damage.

Re: Building my own Batcave -- PICS UPDATE 8/8/11

These are some really nice pictures. Thank you for sharing with me and the rest of the forum. You mentioned about the body suit. Where did you get it?

Great romm and display. sorry to hear about the water damage.

Muscle suit was by Brandon @FlexDesignCostumes.

I Like your collection and the batcave, very cool idea and workmanship.

I am soooo jealous. I can't even have a corner to display my Green Lantern stuff, let a alone a whole themed room. Amazing work.

i think ill try something like that but superman's fortress.

I am soooo jealous. I can't even have a corner to display my Green Lantern stuff, let a alone a whole themed room. Amazing work.

Heh heh I told her this, and she said "I'm creating problems for wives everywhere!"

Pretty soon men all across the nation, the WORLD even, will be able to display all their props wherever and however they want!! :cheers

A small update on this. If you watch the video, you notice you can't see #%$! where the couch/armory is because it's so dark. Of course I painted it all black and put a black couch in there in a low light room! When my wife is sitting there while I'm playing video games, she wants to read a book or something and doesn't like that there's no light there.

So, I went ahead and wired in a light fixture there, connected to the same dimmer switch. It's a 2-spotlight fixture -- one aimed straight down, the other at the armory. I think it lights up the (future) items well and provides much needed light! I used 25w bulbs in there though so it's still dim enough to look cool:

photo.JPG

Re: Building my own Batcave -- small update 9/12/1

very nice build. i know that you switched from paper to the sacking but how did you get the paper to stick to the chicken wire, did you just use pva

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back