Building a set for short alien film.

smackingmac93

We are set to build some sets for short film after we wrap on our blade runner film, if anyone has any advice, questions or would like to join the team let me know! Thanks

I would be very interested in a look at your Blade Runner filmset too. I have a script for a BR short which I plan to build a small set for (a Spinner car interior) although it’s going to take at least a year to build on my non existent budget so seeing what others have done would be inspirational.

If you're looking for some short actors for your short alien film, these kids are available. :lol:

Short Alien.jpg
Short Colonian Marine.jpg

TazMan2000

Will it be a full size set? Do you have some reference photos from your Blade Runner set? from your neighbor in Middle Tn.
It will be full size, a Hallway and two rooms more or less, and I don’t have reference from our current blade runner* film because it’s filmed at night on either our set lot or on location. Thoughts?

I would be very interested in a look at your Blade Runner filmset too. I have a script for a BR short which I plan to build a small set for (a Spinner car interior) although it’s going to take at least a year to build on my non existent budget so seeing what others have done would be inspirational.
Good to hear! Your more then welcome to stay in touch with me on this process or anything else related I can get you come contact info! And there are some candid photos on our Instagram, we have been behind in keeping up with photos but most of the BR film is done at night on set lot of ours or on location, so it’s more set dressing than complete set build for this, except some inside scenes!

Any help would be appreciated but go link up on insta at @2022_futurenoirfilm and we will stay in touch there

Happy to!
I've built small Aliens backdrops before, and was always in the original Alien War attraction in Glasgow.

Add me on socials if you like - Scapey and @wastelandworks on Facebook, @wastelandworks on Insta.
What were the backdrops like at the Alien War? I'm curious as I plan to build an Aliens Experience themed attraction myself, part of my "Movie Museum" idea, here in the UK with a lifesize Alien Queen and mock-up of the APC, (with an actual walk-in interior for fans). I missed my chance with Alien War in Glasgow and London, but it's worth having a museum display of props, costumes etc.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back