Buffy/Angel Coffee Mug(s) Discussion

ssdesigner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking for a bit more input/feedback on something i'm researching right now. This isn't quite an interest thread at the moment but it may turn into that.

Right now I'm looking for info on the colors and font used on this mug. In one of these shots the text is definately blue, in the other (could be the lighting, not sure) it looks more like red:

-Ss

With proper lighting in the first shot, I'd say definately blue. The second shot is more shadow and it looks black to me without proper lighting. Of course, they could have had different mugs for both shots.

The font is just good ole arial:
125194506_b157ad7dc6_o.jpg

I do not know if this will help, but here is another screen cap. I told you the wrong episode. It isn't Pangs, but Something Blue and Hush in which the mug appears in. I do not have season 5 on Angel so I can't get any grabs from it. The mug included with the Spike figure is no help. I agree that the font and rim are blue.

Greg
BUFFYS4D3-1.jpg

Originally posted by juno@Apr 8 2006, 05:46 PM
The font is just good ole arial:
125194506_b157ad7dc6_o.jpg

[snapback]1222523[/snapback]​

It's clos but not quite. the K is a bit off and the s' have to shaped a bit. Apart from that, it looks pretty good

Originally posted by Gman666@Apr 8 2006, 11:38 AM
I do not have season 5 on Angel so I can't get any grabs from it.

It doesn't appear in season five. The Spike figure is pretty stupid since it's an ANGEL Spike figure with nothing but Buffy accessories :rolleyes

As for the font, looks like Franklin Gothic Meduim to me:

kiss15uz.jpg

(sorry for the crappy quality. Just did a print screen of Word)

Originally posted by Angelus+Apr 8 2006, 03:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angelus @ Apr 8 2006, 03:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gman666
@Apr 8 2006, 11:38 AM
I do not have season 5 on Angel so I can't get any grabs from it.

It doesn't appear in season five. The Spike figure is pretty stupid since it's an ANGEL Spike figure with nothing but Buffy accessories :rolleyes

As for the font, looks like Franklin Gothic Meduim to me:

kiss15uz.jpg

(sorry for the crappy quality. Just did a print screen of Word)
[snapback]1222657[/snapback]​
[/b]

I know this mug doesn't in Angel season 5, but the one Harmony gives Angel is. Sorry, I had forgotten that I discussed that mug with ssdesigner in my initial email. I asked about the possibility of getting both mugs made. As for the Franklin Gothic Medium, I think the S may be closer but the K is still off.

Angelmug.jpg

Greg

Both mugs are definitely do-able....so we can discuss both here :)

I'll change the thread title to reflect the two-mug discussion :)

-Ss

Originally posted by Jedi Ciral@Apr 9 2006, 01:06 PM
I agree that Franklin Gothic has a good S, but that the K definitely doesn't match. Look at the screencap below:

mug.jpg

The font is similar to the URW Grotesk T family,  such as URW Grotesk T Medium Wide.

For example:

mugtext.jpg

[snapback]1223138[/snapback]​

I would say that the the K is dead on. The others have the bottom leg kicked out to far if you know what I mean. You guys are doing great in finding the right font.

Greg

WOW. Great work guys. So it seems we have a font nailed down then, correct?

Now to find that blank mug with the blue rim :p

-Ss

I haven't heard anymore. It just kinda died. I too am up for both if they are made. I emailed SS about the mugs and how much they would cost to get made. Never heard anything back and not sure he got the message. Maybe if we make enough noise.

Greg

Well, I wish someone would do this. I did some heat transfer mugs when I worked in a photo lab. (you know, putting pictures on mugs with heat transfer paper.) Wall, it could work for someone like this, I would prefer to see them professionally done by someone like SS.

Jason

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back