Budget Wolf Build

Final sanding done. Gauntlet is what I'm calling finished, onto the bomb gaunt today...
1000D310.jpg

1000D311.jpg

1000D314.jpg

1000D312.jpg

1000D313.jpg

WOW..... ...........and there was me half expecting to see some piece of **** knocked up out of a rice crispies box or something..........................well done there that man!!!............like others have said.......cant wait to see it all finished!

Cheers guys. Got the bomb gaunt started this morning. Used the same former to create the basic arm shape then started eyeballing the various pieces for either side to build it up.
1000D317.jpg

1000D318.jpg

Next taped a sheet of paper to the what I had to mark out a top piece to cover all the edges and give me a smooth base to mount the buttons and dials piece later. Heated it with the heat gun and curved it round the main arm.
1000D319.jpg

Bought a cheaper version of the No More Nails and what a difference! So much easier to spread and smooth, made filling the gaps a doddle. It's in the greenhouse drying and will need a fair bit of sanding and a little dremel detailon the underside. Not screen accurate by any strecth but a decent homage I think. Possibly get the numbers and dials piece done tomorrow night.
1000D320.jpg

1000D321.jpg

Going to go with an undermask as I don't have the time, dosh or equipment to do a full mask. Does anyone make a Wolf undermask or failing that who makes a decent P1 or P2? Obviously need someone who doesn't mind shipping toi the UK.

Thanks.

Thats amazing some people are great with the clay and some with the foam. You actually could mold all this up with a brush on silicone and outer shell and make resin castings of it. But these are gonna look just as nice with some paint on them.

Where did you buy the foamex sheets from? Any online places for the stuff?

Think it'd be at all feasible to make a bio from this stuff?

Where did you buy the foamex sheets from? Any online places for the stuff?

Think it'd be at all feasible to make a bio from this stuff?

I bought my sheet from a plastic suppliers near Belfast. Foamex is a brand name so there are plenty of variations (Foamalux, Foamcore etc.). I think you'd struggle to make a Bio from it as you really need a former to get smooth curves. It's cheap so by all means have a go but I've found it is quite hard to curve more than one axis.

Finally got back onto the bomb gauntlet today. Got the main frame sanded down and the carved details on the bottom and sides added.
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0816_1.jpg

Then made a top section for the actual bomb controls. Cut some rough shapes and stuck them on. These will all need profiled and carved to look like buttons, dials etc. Have to hunt around for some round discs to add as lights. Also need to seal the 2 end up. Letting the cement fry for now...
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg

Bomb gauntlet done. Finally got round to finishing this one off. Just needed to add a bit of texture and also sculpt the top section. GOt the ends sealed up as well and all that's left will be a bit of minor sanding and some tidying up once the last of the glue dries.
DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

Next, onto finding an easy way to make a claymore...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back