BTTF Remote Control

MegaPrime33

Sr Member
I was wondering if anybody had any info on the remote control that Doc used to control the delorean. Detailed pics of it would be great of it too as I am thinking of making this.

Send me you email address. I have one or two.

Jim

starbuck@gate.net

Originally posted by MegaPrime33@Jan 5 2006, 05:31 PM
I was wondering if anybody had any info on the remote control that Doc used to control the delorean. Detailed pics of it would be great of it too as I am thinking of making this.
[snapback]1151316[/snapback]​

Originally posted by MegaPrime33@Jan 5 2006, 01:41 PM
Sent you a PM. I'm hoping to find info on any of the found pieces that make the remote.
[snapback]1151368[/snapback]​

I think it started as a Futaba Gold Series 6 channel Tx.

With some searching, the model of the remote is a Futaba FP-T8SGA-P. The only other pieces I see are the red switch on the left, the stop led, and the, what looks like some sort of digital speedometer.

Can anyone help me out on finding what the red stop light is on the left side and what the counter on the top left would be? So far I've been able to identify the remote and the simple red toggle switch. I really would love to put this together but need the help, thanks.

megaprime33-a_P0003653_copy.jpg

I believe the "speedometer" is just 3 seven segment didgit LED that was mounted to a board and pop riveted to the controler. I beleive that there is an encoder chip that when you properly wire the leds to it, using the remote's toggle potentiometer, it will count up.

Originally posted by MegaPrime33@Jan 5 2006, 10:22 PM
Can anyone help me out on finding what the red stop light is on the left side and what the counter on the top left would be? So far I've been able to identify the remote and the simple red toggle switch. I really would love to put this together but need the help, thanks.

megaprime33-a_P0003653_copy.jpg

[snapback]1151798[/snapback]​
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Any idea what kind of gray board it is that they're attached too? Any idea on that stop light?

I don't think that is a "circuit board" I think its a piece of gray pvc That the leds are "surface mounted" to. I wouldn't be surprised to see some shrink tubing over wires on the back going into a hole on the controler. As for the stop light. I work with thinks like environmental chambers and programable multi bath sink cranes and these are the type of contol lights on them. I would look for pilot lights on industrial control web sites like Allen Bradley(www.ab.com).

After searching through a bunch of sites I was unable to find that stop light. Any more help on these parts would be greatly appreciated.

A pic from the left side would sure help. You also said you found the switch. If I had to buy a pilot light, a switch , and a couple number leds I would go to the same distributor. have you tried digikey and newark?

I checked both of those sites and couldnt find the right pilot light stop indicator. Maybe I was searching wrong. I found what looks to be the right toggle switch at radioshack.com. Its a 12v lighted toggle switch. It looks like the right one anyway, I havent been to the store to check.

MegaPrime, contact this guy:

http://bfcoulombe.com/remote.html

His name is Bruce Coulombe and as you can see he builds BTTF props and sells some parts. Right now it looks like he hasn't got the remote control "kit" listed there (just the parts that attach to the remote) but he used to, and probably still sells it.

Some time ago I remember noting that his number display is red instead of yellow/amber like in the movie, and that his stop light was yellow instead of red. You may want to confirm the colors of his kit with him.

Mega,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on the remote. I've never done one myself, but Bruce (Bfcoloumbe) mentioned above is a good source to go to. His units are pertty nice.

-Gary

Originally posted by Darthmagpie@Jan 8 2006, 07:23 PM
I am not sure if I am stating something really obvious here but I assume you have asked at    bttfparts.com  right?
[snapback]1154065[/snapback]​
I just signed up to the site today. Waiting for them to activate my account. Thanks. :)

Does anyone have any pics of the screen used remote, front and back? I really want to make this as screen accurate as possible and every little detail counts. Thanks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back