BTTF Pt. II USA Today

I was able to get 2 copies this morning. I also ordered one direct from USA Today and it was about $10 from them so $15-$20 on eBay isn't TOO bad.

One is going up in my cubicle at work, one is going on display at my house, and then I'm waiting to see if my friend wants the last one. If not, I'll post it up here.

The inside of the cover is great as well! And the normal paper has quite a few BTTF articles and designs sprinkled throughout.

12080567_172310013114659_2093520978_n.jpg

Sold out here too... I am not having any luck between today and yesterday. Just decided to buy online. If I find some kn store im only gonna buy 1 and probly sell the second one off.

Best I can tell it was an exclusive to something in NY, but they appear to be going for the same price on eBay as the regular version, so I'm not sure...

All I can find on eBay is the "Youth Jailed" paper. It seems the fans don't want to give their "Gang Jailed" papers away. There's just one listing on eBay and this guy is asking for $600!!!

Re: Back to the Future Part II

OK guys, I was able to get 16 copies of the newspaper (3 of those copies have some defects such as small tears and smudges). Unfortunately, anyone who lives within a 5 mile radius of me will not find one :p
Here are some photos. I was a little disappointed that there was not a "Gang Jailed" version included; I've been wanting a "Gang Jailed" USA Today for so long :(
The "Youth Jailed" was the actual front cover of the newspaper. There are also some other BTTF related articles and photos through the entire paper. The paper is 11 inches wide and 22.5 inches long.
I paid $2.17 for each paper. Any ideas regarding the best way to ship these safely? I was originally thinking about getting shipping tubes, but it seems to damage the paper a little bit when I rolled my copy as a test. Or, maybe I should ship them flat in a big rigid envelope between two pieces of cardboard?

CIMG1965.JPGCIMG1966.JPGCIMG1967.JPGCIMG1968.JPGCIMG1970.JPGCIMG1972.JPGCIMG1973.JPGCIMG1974.JPGCIMG1976.JPGCIMG1977.JPGCIMG1978.JPGCIMG1979.JPGCIMG1980.JPGCIMG1981.JPGCIMG1982.JPGCIMG1983.JPGCIMG1984.JPGCIMG1985.JPGCIMG1986.JPGCIMG1987.JPGCIMG1988.JPG

Re: Back to the Future Part II

.... Any ideas regarding the best way to ship these safely? I was originally thinking about getting shipping tubes, but it seems to damage the paper a little bit when I rolled my copy as a test. Or, maybe I should ship them flat in a big rigid envelope between two pieces of cardboard? ...

I use this type of book packaging to ship some of my replicas. It's available in different sizes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• packaging.jpg
    packaging.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 338
All I can find on eBay is the "Youth Jailed" paper. It seems the fans don't want to give their "Gang Jailed" papers away. There's just one listing on eBay and this guy is asking for $600!!!

Ah - I just saw there was a completed listing that went for $30 Buy It Now - the person must not have known it was a rare version...

Here's pictures of the paper for those who haven't seen it yet:

Spread.jpg
The replica cover is a four page section with the cover, an ad for Jaws 19, an ad for the USA Today app, and ads for the BTTF blu-ray and the Fox Foundation
Special-inside.jpgSpecial-back.jpg

The logos on each section were stylized for BTTF
Cover.jpgSports.jpg

There are many articles throughout the paper celebrating BTTF including an interview with Bob Gale and a "Where are they now". The entire Life section was devoted to BTTF.
Cast.jpgGale-Interview.jpgLife.jpg

...and no there is no "Section D" lol

I have both the "gang jailed" and "youth jailed" papers from today. I got the gang one at the AMC screening in NYC. I went to 10 different newstands and they all ran out of papers :(

Last edited:
He to order through their website. Went to 4 gas stations and two supermarkets. Then I called every book store and supermarket in town and no one sells USA today.

For anyone in the Los Angeles area, it looks like the only newsstand that has any left (and they're moving fast) is the Laurel Canyon Newsstand on Laurel Canyon/Ventura Blvd.

Got the last two at my Local Convenience Store this morning at around 9am... the cashier was confused when they saw them! :lol I had to explain that it was a special edition cover of the paper today

12109086_10153207234629607_636809259793511189_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back