BTTF Flux Capacitor replica

Printed a few paper props and used the laser for custom framing. I enjoy ripping "protected" pictures from shutterSchmock because I think their policy and marketing is horrible, so I just help myself and vector everything in AI within seconds. The DMC engraving on MDF was really cool to see finished (and lasering it looked cool as well)

18f231af2c15486512b15806a3401954.0.jpg

4d660f982edcb5ecaf6b0d2fdddf75be.1.jpg

this will probably go in the staircase as well to "warm it up". The walls are death star hallway themed and it will be dull grey everywhere, I like mixed themes as an intro to my Man cave / shop and the movie room, so I'll keep populating this with colored items.
I've also decided to add a "outatime" license plate, since I don't have any blank and it's all USA stuff, I modeled one in Inventor and printed it in ABS, now being primed before I can apply decal on it and put a nice clear coat on top

IMG_20200428_091855.jpg

IMG_20200428_154758.jpg

I'm probably to start a hoverboard later today as well to bring some more color in that stair case

finished the license plate this week, working with laser printed decals remains extremely hard for me, very stressing process for decals of that size... I ****** up the first attempt, not flat enough, it warped on the edges when I applied the 2K clear (glossy). Fortunately, the 2 part clear keeps leveling very well, so I just added a couple of more coats after securing the OUTATIME blue lettering, and started over the decals process after curing the place 45 minutes in the paint (dedicated) oven.

I used some (laser) printable vinyl to get a proper color for the letters, and used the cameo + registration (optical) marks to cut them, pretty handy.

IMG_20200518_101614.jpg

IMG_20200518_102707.jpg

IMG_20200518_145243.jpg

It's still way unperfect. Got some dusts during the clear (no primary filter yet at that moment in the paint booth) and the toner cracked a little on the decals since they are very fragile. I didn't redo it, it's important that I remain aware of my fail-fu and it's also just a stair case decoration. Won't get my clear spraying "wings" this year, not a problem. In practice, you really see the defects under that sort of light, but hung on the wall, it looks "decent" I suppose

608a1e68e3ccf9c9382db7727f09e7a9.0.jpg

What dimensions did you end up with for the main window cutout? I'm working on one as well, currently in the Fusion 360 modeling phase.

Hi I have all my materials apart from the torr base anyone know what the accurate sizes are for that base part can't seem so find it anywhere

Following. Just bought the box/case from Valor. Looking at guts and parts now.

I even have a laser cutter, would be great to get the backboard file.

spot on. I waited to have my laser cutter to start that project, to cut the back board (including the holes) and the front window

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back