BTTF Delorean Pics at Universal Studios Backlot

firebirdta84

Hey guys,

I recently had an all access pass for the Universal Studios backlot for non-BTTF related reasons, but while I was there I stopped to document some of the BTTF props I ran across. I took about 100 pictures of the two Deloreans I found there, but here are some pics:

img0960t.jpg

img0970.jpg

img0974vp.jpg

img0976ts.jpg

img0977xh.jpg

img0995ya.jpg

img0996hv.jpg

img1015dx.jpg

img1016gz.jpg

img1017ow.jpg

Joe

The one on display is a screen used original, I believe, while the other was a replica built for display purposes. I'm not a BTTF expert when it comes to the cars, so if that's wrong, let me know!

Joe

The one on display is the original "A" Hero car Vivek.

The way Universal treats these cars absolutely DISGUSTS ME, looking through these pics makes me want to throw up.

Various parties have been trying to save these cars for over 10 years now. I don't expect Universal will ever do anything about them.

-Gary

Boy, that's sad to see. And to think that Tony and the guys at Auto Italia are just down the road. They knocked the Cannonball Run Countach out of the park and could easily take this one to school.

Yeah, Universal don't give a **** about their cars. It's a complicated problem though - neither Universal Studios (film studio) or Universal Resorts (theme parks) wants to take responsibility for the vehicles.

It's a shame that they just don't sell them and give the proceeds to charity instead of just letting them rot away on the back lot. I'm sure there are some type of politics involved in why they haven't been sold, but it is still a shame to see these artifacts of history left to time.

I love seeing this stuff...keep the pics comin!...as much as I love the pics god I hate seeing that car jus left to the elements!

*SNIP*

The way Universal treats these cars absolutely DISGUSTS ME, looking through these pics makes me want to throw up.

I feel the same way. I can't believe they treat a piece of film history this way.

Various parties have been trying to save these cars for over 10 years now. I don't expect Universal will ever do anything about them.

-Gary

It's terrible! I just don't see why they don't auction them off and let people that care about them, take care OF them.

Yeah, Universal don't give a **** about their cars. It's a complicated problem though - neither Universal Studios (film studio) or Universal Resorts (theme parks) wants to take responsibility for the vehicles.

Makes me sick to think about it.

I'm with you guys that this is pitiful and sad to see these cars is such poor shape. Sitting outside, weathered by the elements? Come on.
The fact that there are plenty of parties interested in these cars dumfounds me that not one person has taken the initiative to take proper care of such rare items.

Believe me, it's not the lack of people interested in doing something about the cars. It's a complete and total lack of interest from Universal themselves that allows these cars to rot in place.

-Gary

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back