BTTF 2 Mr. Fusion Help!!

U2fan24

Hey guys (and gals),
I've been wanting to buy a Krups coffee grinder to convert into a Mr. Fusion for some time now and I figured doing so would be pretty straight forward. However... I just now realized that the Krups grinder has a lid/gap/or line just above the word "Krups". Here is a pic:

Fusionwithline.jpg

At first I hadn't noticed the difference as it just looks like someone has simply unassembled the grinder in the following image. But after I did a series of double takes I realized that already the line/gap is gone! Have a look...

Fusionnoline.jpg

So my question is, what are people doing about this gap? Is it being filled in and re painted?

Also... this line is EXACTLY where the graphics "Mr. Fusion (line) Home Energy Reactor" would be.

Fusionwithgraphics.jpg

So... is this line or gap substituting for the line in the graphics? Hence maybe the graphics don't even need the line. I'm puzzled as to how this was dealt with in terms of the original Mr. Fusion. I hope someone knows the answer to this and can provide it soon. Thanks!

U2fan24

Last edited:
Do some tests on the bottom of the unit with whatever solvents you find, as some of them WILL dull the plastic. I ended up using mineral spirits. With careful consistent rubbing, the "krups" and the black line will come off.

Methylated spirit will do it...

You can remove it without a problem... You can "wash" the complete coffee grinder if you you want to clean it up. yours looks like a new one so it won't be necessary, but I had no problems... Just clean it after using the spirit with normal water...

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use for the base? Or what the actual parts were?

Did you manage to figure this out?

I actually just bought one too ^^! What did you use in the end for removing the lines?

What is the best sticker to use for the mr fusion? I would like a vynil decal one for it ^^

Everything that has to do with this prop was posted on Gary Weaver's forum. Its a shame its no longer accessible. It was like the best bttf prop site ever :(

but here on therpf I recognize some members who were also members of his forums. I hope they come through for you with their knowledge concerning the base because I can't. :<

Last edited:
Everything that has to do with this prop was posted on Gary Weaver's forum. Its a shame its no longer accessible. It was like the best bttf prop site ever :(

but here on therpf I recognize some members who were also members of his forums. I hope they come through for you with their knowledge concerning the base because I can't. :<

Thanks I hope so! I can't join Gary either! He might be a really busy guy! x)

Yeah. All I remember about the Mr Fusion thread on his website was that the black base was a memory core from a very old computer or something. Very rare part if you want a genuine part.

As for the decal. Vinyl might be the way to go. I always thought the back of the decal was the actual see thru plastic of the Fusion itself rather than a solid grey decal background. I know I'm someone with no credibility on this, so perhaps you may want to look into the Mr Fusion prop a bit more. All the info on this prop is out there, maybe not all on therpf. I think its very cool you're hunting down so much bttf related memorabilia. :)

a memory core? Interesting x) Do you know what brand/serie it comes from? ^^

I think the vinyl is transparent with a white logo, it makes it grey because of the colour of the translucid plastic and the fact that the inside is white ^^

The internet doesn't forget anything. The thread can still be viewed in the cache of archive.org. Look here: BTTFParts - DeLorean Time Machine ? View topic - Mr. Fusion - Part II Time Machine ;)

Thanks Roland! I'm so impressed. It feels like everything they created for BTTF were just random item!

*Drinking coffee* I KNOW LET'S USE THIS COFFEE MACHINE FOR THE DELOREAN! IT'S THE FUTUUUUURE

XD

il_570xN.459471790_5ym3.jpg

By the way, this is my coffee machine :p

Are there decals like Gary made?

The ones on ebay look to be like crap x)

Did anybody make a cast of the base? Would love to get it for my Mr Fusion ^^'

Last edited:
Did you manage to figure this out?

I actually just bought one too ^^! What did you use in the end for removing the lines?

What is the best sticker to use for the mr fusion? I would like a vynil decal one for it ^^

Hi Emma,
Well my mr fusion was a little yellowed (though it was a white one). And I couldn't seem to dissolve the line away very easily. So I bought some white spray paint for plastic (called "Fusion" coincidentally) And that seemed to work really well. As for the stickers... they were a Christmas gift, so I'm not sure where/who they came from. But you can find some good ones on ebay.

Hi Emma,
Well my mr fusion was a little yellowed (though it was a white one). And I couldn't seem to dissolve the line away very easily. So I bought some white spray paint for plastic (called "Fusion" coincidentally) And that seemed to work really well. As for the stickers... they were a Christmas gift, so I'm not sure where/who they came from. But you can find some good ones on ebay.

Yeah but I would like one without the grey background, and I can't find any :x

I had good success in getting rid of the black line and "krups" writing using mineral spirits. I tried a few chemicals and did some small tests on the bottom, and others (like lacquer thinner) rubbed away the gloss finish of the white plastic. Mineral spirits didn't. Just put a little on a rag and rub the black patiently and it will come off. Don't rub the whole area, just carefully on the black.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back