BTTF 2 Mr. Fusion Help!!

I've finally finished my own after 10 years or starts, stops, and restarts. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

fusion01.jpg

fusion02.jpg

fusion03.jpg

fusion04.jpg

Sorry about the pics. I'm gonna try to take new ones tomorrow or next week.

-Gary

This is the casting. The base is a modified librascope base. Everything else was scratch built from mdf, styrene, resin, and brass.

Where would one find the librascope base? I am not able to find anything in my searches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

I was wondering what was the best way to paint the Krups white (type of white, paint,sanding?etc...)

Should I remove the logo and line before painting it? Leave it there?

Thanks!

Last edited:
i sanded mine with 600 wet n dry , degreaser , plastic primer then sand that with 800 until smooth , then white automotive paint

Hmmpf... Now I want a second grinder to use in the kitchn...

Yep - I think my go forward plan is to respray the 223, and keep the 223A for the kitchen - since that's the European outlet power rated one. Plus I can match the white paint for the 223 with the lid once I've printed it.

My RPF thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/xrobots-bttf-mr-fusion-build-some-parts-3d-printed-video-added-22-a-206728/
My website with more: XRobots.co.uk - BTTF Mr Fusion Replica Build

Excellent video, by the way...

The grinder I have is their orange version, so I've no choice but to repaint. Have had it for years though sitting in a cabinet waiting for other projects to be completed. And because I'm not sure how I'm going to do the base parts.

Yep - I think my go forward plan is to respray the 223, and keep the 223A for the kitchen - since that's the European outlet power rated one. Plus I can match the white paint for the 223 with the lid once I've printed it.

My RPF thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/xrobots-bttf-mr-fusion-build-some-parts-3d-printed-video-added-22-a-206728/
My website with more: XRobots.co.uk - BTTF Mr Fusion Replica Build

Yep - I think my go forward plan is to respray the 223, and keep the 223A for the kitchen ...

I have two grinders, too. But my plan is: making a "new" one and a "damaged" one (as can be seen at the end of movie 3). :)

anyone got thier krups apart , mines been stripped so long i dont recall how to refit the parts

would appreciate some pics if anyone has thiers in parts?

DSC05079.JPGMy Krups was white but due to age the plastic has discolored a bit so I painted mine for a more uniform color. I started removing the internal guts from it to save on weight to to be able to adapt the bottom to the flip-top base. This will be a long but fun project.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC05081.JPGHere's a top view looking down with the bean shoot removed.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC05082.JPGHere's another top view. I plan on putting LEDs inside to make the whole thing glow.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back