BSG FTL Jump Key ?

I haven't found the exact right one, but if you Google Images for: Survival Lighter, Windproof Lighter, Windproof Butane Lighter, ... Some of them look VERY much like the FTL Key. Of course, minus the blue light bars. Am I on to something here?

No, I don't think so... The original screen-used prop (which I own) is a completely fabricated item, made from CNC cut blocks of aluminum just like the ones Phillip is making now. The only 'found pieces' in it are the two light sticks.

Some barrels off the lathe.

ftl-barrels.jpg

Are these still available?! I've never been able to find one and always needed it to finish off my collection! So cool!

I would like to revive this post as I am looking for one of these. Any lead or anybody willing to part with one ? Thanks GC

No, I don't think so... The original screen-used prop (which I own) is a completely fabricated item, made from CNC cut blocks of aluminum just like the ones Phillip is making now. The only 'found pieces' in it are the two light sticks.

I did a quick look and I see what he means about the general appearance. This one's grey not chrome, but is still closer than you'd think.

Attachments

• 515mOtXTYQS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    515mOtXTYQS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 69
I'm not sure if this is the place so Mods feel free to MOVE...

I'm back into my ALL THINGS BSG mode and I remember LONG,LONG
ago the talk of the JUMP KEY from the show. Loved that Prop and did a search
on it and found this thread...

New BSG - Jump Key | Page 6 | RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community

Problem is, what looks like a SUCCESSFUL build the thread went POOF and nothing
else was said ? Was there ever a RUN on this as it appears VERY screen accurate
and quite an IMPRESSIVE build!

:)

I did do a run of them and there are none left. I made an exact replica that worked with the same "lights" the prop had, and others that had the same acrylic tubes as those lights, but used LEDs which worked better. Never went back to it because they were quite difficult to make and while there was interest, there wasn't a lot of it.

I do have hundreds of those tubes if anybody wants em as I had them made in china and the MOQ wasn't small.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back