BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

There was a guy on Facebook who made cartridge system chassis that allows for a removable battery setup. Here are some photos of his chassis. The designer of this chassis sells the STL files for €25 ($25 as of this time of writing).

Photos are from Facebook (not mine).
where can we purchase this STL file?

I have had my MOM and the crystal chamber for a while, but haven't done anything to wire it up. Finally want to get this done. Anyone have a definitive list of pieces to kit out saber for lights. I finally invested in 3D printers so I have the means to print the battery chamber etc.

Jawas Depot has a free STL for a chassis that will work with the crystal chamber.

Not only that, but there's another callout post about 7C on Facebook. Lots of people saying that 7C should be avoided at all costs now. People still waiting for orders after years, and there's a lot of anger and frustration at the moment. And people upset that the MoM had a Gen 2...

Honestly, I'm not sure 7C has a future anymore with that many dissatisfied customers :confused:

Was chatting with Lewis after seeing your post trying to get some insight, Bruinrogue

I am told*

300 some odd CC1 chamber parts are in hand but 200 of those are reserved as spares (100 going towards new chamber packages). Lewis is planning to create a special voucher page on the website for people who never got theirs… I don’t know when he’ll be getting to that yet.

The helper boards: a Gen2.5 is now *ordered* which includes an additional resistor (for people wiring direct to blades through the boards and bypassing the kill) as well as adding in the silkscreen for labeling the pin-outs (which were absent from the last batches). This should help prevent an unfortunate amount of fried boards by customers mistakenly using the first batch pcb pinouts.

Now: the machinist partner he’s trying are considered “full turnkey” (hilts, boxes, pcbs, packing, et all).
This machinist has quietly produced other RPF runs but to what extent I’m not sure.

I’m planning to spend as much time talking to them directly while these changes are under-way.

TheJediSmuggler
You’re welcome to be disappointed and to have lost faith in 7chambers due to the problems on the run and the issues with communication with that company:

But regarding the gen2. I’d be remiss if I didn’t address something that I have already very implicitly discussed regarding body geometry updates. By claiming here and elsewhere that we *waited* until stock was cleared is very insulting and misrepresentative. They were two *very* small changes I pushed to have added in real time with photos *I* had never seen before to analyze.
If you like, I can whip out my gen1 prototype (the first) and one of the gen2… which has the pommel scars added in. People never *asked* for the pommel scars but it was my pushing that got them out in.
And I still doubt it will be easy to see the other (2) items.

Again. I could have chosen to sell 300 more gen 1s and then change it but no: this was a real-time update.

Last edited:

Sorry had to eat dinner.

TheJediSmuggler
Adam and I put all effort into making (what is now) the Gen1 definitive; but we did not sit idly on the new info and did implement it as quickly as possible which wound up being after the second batch.

We didn’t wait: we put it in as soon as possible because we *do* respect customers and TheRPF. I was scared and disappointed that it happened that way but felt it was absolutely a necessity to respect the integrity of the prop.

Now, If you are personally dissatisfied with the Gen1 maybe I can get some kind of a trade going for you with what limited pieces I have.
I need to get coolhanluked a 7/8” adapter so he can take my personal one if he wants it and call it clear until these helpers and reveals get restocked finally.

Hopefully this helps out:
IMG_1986.jpeg

a caveat context for the photos- I have personally weathered both of these but what you can see here is:
- my personal gen 1, I scribed in the cuts with a flush cut saw by hand. It’s not hard just fiddly work left to the cautious if you don’t have a machine setup.
- The Gen 2, obviously managed to machine in the marks but the change in geometry (indicated by arrow) is an ever so slight tapered angle change between booster and cubes. I always wondered if something was there but one of the pictures was clear enough to see it in a similar profile (like this photo).

IMG_1987.jpeg

The second difference is present here, and indicated by the arrow.
If 0.125mm is a visible concern for anyone in that valley I am highlighting it here so that everyone can examine the rest of the reference to find why the variance was overlooked.
Again, only 1 photo I was allowed to see actually made any variance present here remotely (if not vaguely) obvious enough to change.

Last edited:
Not only that, but there's another callout post about 7C on Facebook. Lots of people saying that 7C should be avoided at all costs now. People still waiting for orders after years, and there's a lot of anger and frustration at the moment. And people upset that the MoM had a Gen 2...

Honestly, I'm not sure 7C has a future anymore with that many dissatisfied customers :confused:
I appreciate that, Jesse. It's not as black and white as one particular chap paints it in the thread, but we both know the nuances of the matter. Hence why TXQ is now the manufacturing partner. Xie is making gen 3 helpers and all the hilts which will be sold on a ready to ship basis. Look at ultra sabers and saberforge. They were being intentionally difficult, yet now they are the biggest vendors. There is a difference, and everything will come full circle and be sorted.

You’re welcome to be disappointed and to have lost faith in 7chambers due to the problems on the run and the issues with communication with that company:

But regarding the gen2. I’d be remiss if I didn’t address something that I have already very implicitly discussed regarding body geometry updates. By claiming here and elsewhere that we *waited* until stock was cleared is very insulting and misrepresentative. They were two *very* small changes I pushed to have added in real time with photos *I* had never seen before to analyze.
If you like, I can whip out my gen1 prototype (the first) and one of the gen2… which has the pommel scars added in. People never *asked* for the pommel scars but it was my pushing that got them out in.
And I still doubt it will be easy to see the other (2) items.

Again. I could have chosen to sell 300 more gen 1s and then change it but no: this was a real-time update.

It absolutely wasn't my intention to be insulting. If I was, I do apologize for that. What I mentioned have been the comments in the different Facebook groups when it came to the MoM and 7C hilts. There are people over there who weren't happy that the Gen 2 came out after they already purchased their hilts. I had a Gen 1 at the time the Gen 2 came. And while I was bummed out initially when it was released shortly after I received my hilt, I was fine with it. I even ordered a Gen 2 this year, so I'm one of the people waiting for one and looking forward to receiving it.

I've been in contact with Lewis about the issues getting all the products out to the customers, and understand the situation. I myself am not angry about the situation, and do try to be patient. However, I often come across other people who are quite angry about everything that's happened and saying it's totally unacceptable as a business. People are swearing never to buy from 7C and/or Veracity Labs anymore and dissuading others from buying your hilts. It's a really negative mood, which is only increasing. And after seeing so many of those comments (day after day sometimes), I can't help but feel worried. Worried, because it’s hard to see how those people will still want to buy your hilt after the situation finally improves. I really do want you guys to succeed. You guys make great stuff, and to me it's worth the wait. I have not been disappointed with all the products I've received. I guess some of the negativity has rubbed off on me, more than I'd like to admit.

Last edited:
I appreciate that, Jesse. It's not as black and white as one particular chap paints it in the thread, but we both know the nuances of the matter. Hence why TXQ is now the manufacturing partner. Xie is making gen 3 helpers and all the hilts which will be sold on a ready to ship basis. Look at ultra sabers and saberforge. They were being intentionally difficult, yet now they are the biggest vendors. There is a difference, and everything will come full circle and be sorted.

I'm aware. And I hope for the best, because your future plans for 7C do sound very exciting. I really hope this will be the year that everything finally gets sorted and you can leave this long chapter behind. Hopefully, people will come around after that too. The “never 7C” group is getting bigger, which is why I was concerned. Apologies to you as well if I came across as insulting.

Last edited:
Thanks for this:
I may have come off loosely, apologies for that as it IS in part due to others comments about the Gen2 timing and the legitimacy presented in my reasoning for that update… I do understand the concern over it which is why I try and explain it quickly and thoroughly every time it comes up.

This past year started so optimistically with the move and the UK machinist but (as ever) I stick around to try and lend support (and sometimes pressure ;)) to follow up on the loose ends and make sure this stuff comes out to people as intended.

I’m hoping to have more optimistic updates direct from the transition to the new manufacturer which is underway already

It’s alright. I understand the reasoning and the causes of all the delays.

Looking forward to the updates, and seeing what you guys will be cooking up this year :)

I appreciate that, Jesse. It's not as black and white as one particular chap paints it in the thread, but we both know the nuances of the matter.
Nothing is black and white, but let’s be totally honest here, people would be more understanding if the communication from yourself had been much better than it has been.

It’s easy to just dismiss me as causing trouble or being awkward/petty, however if you think it is just me then you may want to go into the groups on FB etc and really see the disappointment and frustration plenty of others have.

Good luck with TXQ, I genuinely do hope it can all get smoothed out and the sabers are still the high quality standard you are known for.

Sorry had to eat dinner.

TheJediSmuggler
Adam and I put all effort into making (what is now) the Gen1 definitive; but we did not sit idly on the new info and did implement it as quickly as possible which wound up being after the second batch.

We didn’t wait: we put it in as soon as possible because we *do* respect customers and TheRPF. I was scared and disappointed that it happened that way but felt it was absolutely a necessity to respect the integrity of the prop.

Now, If you are personally dissatisfied with the Gen1 maybe I can get some kind of a trade going for you with what limited pieces I have.
I need to get coolhanluked a 7/8” adapter so he can take my personal one if he wants it and call it clear until these helpers and reveals get restocked finally.
I have a gen 2 grenade section that can go towards a trade.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back