BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

I purchased the latest Crystal Chamber from 7Chamber for the MoM Hero. Is there a CFX chassis for the crystal chamber? I see there is a Proffie chassis on Thingiverse right now. I want to get it this installed ASAP once the crystal chamber arrives. Looks like I will have to stick with the Proffie chassis for now.

I may have missed this... but are the FX Helper Boards available? Or any 'compatible' boards that fit the control box?

Quick question. For the MoM, I know there is the metal steel cup which is used on other sabers to give more stability to the thin neck blades. Is there a specific pcb holder we should be using in combination with the recessed blade pcb holder as well if we want to use that metal cup?
Adam had this to say in another thread. I believe he designed our cups and emitter to follow suit.
Post in thread 'Anakin Starkiller's New Luke ROTJ Hero saber design thread'
I purchased the latest Crystal Chamber from 7Chamber for the MoM Hero. Is there a CFX chassis for the crystal chamber? I see there is a Proffie chassis on Thingiverse right now. I want to get it this installed ASAP once the crystal chamber arrives. Looks like I will have to stick with the Proffie chassis for now.
I believe Adam plans to alter that design to fit CFX, however that has not been top priority partially due to waiting to confirm the updated helper boards which will support CFX natively.
I may have missed this... but are the FX Helper Boards available? Or any 'compatible' boards that fit the control box?

Is this about a MoM hilt? If you ordered one and did not receive the helper Lewis should be informed.

Otherwise the helper boards have just gone through a design change to support CFX as mentioned above in addition to ruling out any failure points towards more consistent performance… we have discussed the possibility of offering them as a kit. However...

Generally speaking it is ONLY compatible with the MoM (or) the Anakin Starkiller hero due to the layout. There may be other control box PCBs out there but that would be up to the end user to find and modify. It is otherwise specifically proprietary at the moment.

A reveal kit designed for our MoM static (and other Static heroes) is being designed now but that will only have arrow blinking functionality and recreate the simple circuit in the cave scene. (No audio or FX connectivity built in)

Hey there, I have a batch 1 kit. I’m missing parts with the original kit as well as no reveal board or helper board.

Who do I need to contact about this?

I have posted here, sent PMs as well as e-mailed the website over the last months. The e-mail provided with the website appears to be down currently.

Just received the October update from 7chambers and there's mention of a gen 2 MoM with accuracy updates.

Has this already discussed on this forum and I missed it? Verity Cosplay BRRogers do you guys have a list of those updates that were made to the v1? Thanks.

Just received the October update from 7chambers and there's mention of a gen 2 MoM with accuracy updates.

Has this already discussed on this forum and I missed it? Verity Cosplay BRRogers do you guys have a list of those updates that were made to the v1? Thanks.

I don't think the details of the changes have been discussed here. The changes center around one particular plunge groove in the grenade section, and some modifications to the pommel and pommel cap.

We'll do a larger list as time permits. The changes are fairly minor but further improve the accuracy of our offering to the original prop.

Yep. The plunge groove variation Adam mentioned is BARELY discernible at a glance but makes sense of a small mathematic/geometry anomaly that (in my opinion) Hero makers have struggled to resolve. New reference (I’m afraid I can’t share) highlighted it just enough to make the informed change and cross verify over what we’ve already seen.

Similarly with the pommel it’s a surface anomaly that is visible across references but just needed a very specific angle to make sense of it. It is VERY subtle.

The biggest change that will be noticeable is with the interpretation of the hole in the pommel (we’ve actually leaned into what DaveP discovered there… which does mimic what we believe is going on in the emitter) and the addition of the rough machining marks in between the cube valleys (a distinctive “wart” noticeable mainly by the tri ring)

Overall, the hilt remains exactly the same and will be largely indistinguishable from its predecessor in batches 1-3 but essentially eliminates that last 1% of questioning I previously didn’t have the data to inform without holding the original :)
The final 1% can happen when I get to see the original in person haha

Yep. The plunge groove variation Adam mentioned is BARELY discernible at a glance but makes sense of a small mathematic/geometry anomaly that (in my opinion) Hero makers have struggled to resolve. New reference (I’m afraid I can’t share) highlighted it just enough to make the informed change and cross verify over what we’ve already seen.

Similarly with the pommel it’s a surface anomaly that is visible across references but just needed a very specific angle to make sense of it. It is VERY subtle.

The biggest change that will be noticeable is with the interpretation of the hole in the pommel (we’ve actually leaned into what DaveP discovered there… which does mimic what we believe is going on in the emitter) and the addition of the rough machining marks in between the cube valleys (a distinctive “wart” noticeable mainly by the tri ring)

Overall, the hilt remains exactly the same and will be largely indistinguishable from its predecessor in batches 1-3

Would the new pommel cap by any chance be available to purchase as a spare part? If that's the most notable difference, then it would be nice to have for my batch 1 MoM.

Would the new pommel cap by any chance be available to purchase as a spare part? If that's the most notable difference, then it would be nice to have for my batch 1 MoM.
Well noted.
We’ve been inundated with requests for spare parts. In my mind it made sense to confirm all the changes in order for batch 4 before broaching the subject.

It does remain up to Lewis if he wants to create that inventory to make available

Well noted.
We’ve been inundated with requests for spare parts. In my mind it made sense to confirm all the changes in order for batch 4 before broaching the subject.

It does remain up to Lewis if he wants to create that inventory to make available

Perhaps an interest list for the new pommel cap can be made, for those that really want the new cap?

Either way, I am glad that there's a chance that we from the previous batches could still benefit from the new improvements in some way :)

Well noted.

I should also add that we are not configured given our run contracts to do a fully mix and match hilt, such inventory has to be done with spare parts and that is extremely difficult to anticipate what ppl will want outside of a full kit.

I DO think that we'll push for "pommel" upgrade for those with batches 1-3 given it is an interchangeable part that would not affect an install. The extremely subtle grenade change would be more difficult with an installed saber.

We'll discuss with Lewis but it'll be difficult to gauge how much overstock of pommels and pommel caps we'd need.

Another concern is the parts are clocked to the body so getting the pommel clocked correctly for Gen2 with a different machinist to sit properly on a Gen1 (batch 1) body is gonna be difficult. Just the Endcap is much easier

I should also add that we are not configured given our run contracts to do a fully mix and match hilt, such inventory has to be done with spare parts and that is extremely difficult to anticipate what ppl will want outside of a full kit.

I DO think that we'll push for "pommel" upgrade for those with batches 1-3 given it is an interchangeable part that would not affect an install. The extremely subtle grenade change would be more difficult with an installed saber.

We'll discuss with Lewis but it'll be difficult to gauge how much overstock of pommels and pommel caps we'd need.

Another concern is the parts are clocked to the body so getting the pommel clocked correctly for Gen2 with a different machinist to sit properly on a Gen1 (batch 1) body is gonna be difficult. Just the Endcap is much easier

Since the changes in the grenade section and pommel cubes are that subtle, I think most would be happy with just the newer pommel caps. If in the end it's possible to have some extra, I'd be very happy. So I hope it will all work out in the end.

Since the changes in the grenade section and pommel cubes are that subtle, I think most would be happy with just the newer pommel caps. If in the end it's possible to have some extra, I'd be very happy. So I hope it will all work out in the end.

We'll definitely look into it. Just want to be clear about the challenges is all hehe

What about the chassis? Will gen1 chassis be compatible with gen 2?

Also same question for the crystal chamber, will there be a gen 2 chamber for gen 2 hilts?

Internals will all be = and compatible... nothing changed there
Internal dimensions are unchanged. All chassis and chamber products all fit. Only exterior features have slightly changed.

(Well, not entirely true we made some thread relief adjustments to address some observed clocking issues in some hilts also so that all should be fixed now too)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back