BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

I actually just ordered one of their elite kits myself.

Good News is, they said in the project run thread that they are planning on doing another run of the standard soon and a static version eventually as well.

I just couldn't wait lol!
Is there any eta on when they're planning to do another run?

I'm not either but given the level of accuracy I didn't want to pass it up and I've been thinking about doing my first FX build so why not. If nothing else I'll have an ultra-accurate display saber and I will learn not to do my own FX install again. :lol:
You made the right choice going elite. That's what i did...you can literally do any version of the Hero, idealized or screen accurate. I am customizing mine. I'm going Yuma(i have a Yuma box) and i have some special plans for the weathering. I can't wait to see what people do with theirs. Heck, you can even do a TLJ version with the brass neck and idealized rings (with the right blade plug of course) But this MOM is a home run. We all will love it

Would spraying the canoe preserve the yellower look? And if so any recommendations on what spray to use?

I’ve sprayed it in a flat lacquer, seems to have worked well.

Attachments

• 85EA8DE1-42DD-49D8-95D2-DC39257B35E1.jpeg
    85EA8DE1-42DD-49D8-95D2-DC39257B35E1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 194
Yeah i didnt spot it had 2 emitter bottoms. On the site i saw the multiple necks and 2 grenade sections. My fault for not reading it im sure but had i spotted it id have gone elite.

I'm not either but given the level of accuracy I didn't want to pass it up and I've been thinking about doing my first FX build so why not. If nothing else I'll have an ultra-accurate display saber and I will learn not to do my own FX install again. :lol:
Ur in the UK right? Id recommend SaberDave on FB. Hes Khal's (kr sabers) brother in law and an electrician. Ive done a few installs in my time but blew a proffie in a creepy uncle, think it was the tight control box. He sorted it out for me. Anyways back to the MOM

Ur in the UK right? Id recommend SaberDave on FB. Hes Khal's (kr sabers) brother in law and an electrician. Ive done a few installs in my time but blew a proffie in a creepy uncle, think it was the tight control box. He sorted it out for me. Anyways back to the MOM
No, in the US. I'm going to give it a go myself first though, I like working on electronics so I do have some experience.

While we’re all waiting for DHL to send a lorry over to Lewis’, do we have more pictures of the control box detail? I think that’s the only thing I really haven’t seen much of.

While we’re all waiting for DHL to send a lorry over to Lewis’, do we have more pictures of the control box detail? I think that’s the only thing I really haven’t seen much of.

So we likely will actually do an upgrade later because the factory used the wrong substrate. They were supposed to use black FR4. But here's the reveal boards:

Attachments

• 715FE6FB-64AD-438E-8C57-11EFF5276429.jpeg
    715FE6FB-64AD-438E-8C57-11EFF5276429.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
Oh, I was thinking these were going to be detailed/finished like the DaveP ones. Or is this a DIY-type board?
This is a flowery reply, haha.

Dave’s boards are great. However.
His interpretation and mine have been fundamentally different from the approach (this will be most evident when we produce our static).
The FX as seen here is a dimensionally modified version of the static designed specifically to fit the “FX canoe” and work with the FX components (helper board and full chassis) underneath.
In this case. The assumption is that most who buy this piece will indeed be DiY building (or commissioning) an install which includes the full soldering of a chassis... so in this case you would likely consider it a component of custom installing the FX fun.

All of the necessary components ARE included but it’s up to the user to assemble and customize. The exception is the helper board which we ‘sprung for’ by utilizing pick and place at the factory due to the extremely tight tolerances required. No room for error there.

Since the MoMFX kit has a different visual translation for the control box reveal: it may be desirable for the red wiring to be integrated into the actual useful FX circuitry instead of hard-wired to the board... also the laser etched brass Death Star II pieces are designed to be added in afterwards to create depth in lieu of being part of the PCB. These components are all designed to bear as much resemblance possible to the static despite having different functionality.

It is a purpose built construction that I believe will generate some gorgeous outcomes, not even considering the fully accurate Static version to come ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back