BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

I was going to ask that question too. Also, does the gold outline on the box need to be painted to get it look like the original prop or is the copper considered screen accurate?

you can either let the copper patina over time (it will darken and redden over time) or you can put copper foil tape on.

Would spraying the rails with Ace Antique Gold an option as well? What is considered to be “accurate”?

ISYHCANL is debatable. Some say fresh copper some say brass, (based on BRRogers evidence I think fresh copper). But the cave scene is clearly copper as is the exhibition prop. Unclear whether copper L stock is used or whether it is brass L stock with copper foil tape I think. Bryan did his MoM sample over with copper foil tape and it looks pretty darn good.

you will want to paint it. It will come as raw untreated beryllium copper
Thank you for replying. Unfortunately painting is physically difficult for me so may have to dip out of this run. Awesome looking replica though. You guys really nailed it.

ISYHCANL is debatable. Some say fresh copper some say brass, (based on BRRogers evidence I think fresh copper). But the cave scene is clearly copper as is the exhibition prop. Unclear whether copper L stock is used or whether it is brass L stock with copper foil tape I think. Bryan did his MoM sample over with copper foil tape and it looks pretty darn good.

I originally painted the brass rails on my Starkiller Hero with the ACE metallic gold, as per Starkiller and Halliwax. It looks great, but I’m still not convinced it’s the finish that the original prop has.

And, fact of the matter is that I’ve had to strip and repaint the rails several times, because the paint chips rather easily. At least the ACE paint does, and that’s also with minimal handling. I used a coat of adhesion promoter, this time around, so we’ll see how it holds up.

I really don’t think the actual prop has painted rails or rails covered in copper tape. I think that after 38 years of handling and exhibition, there would be visibly chipped paint or tape-tears/nicks/wrinkles.

So, I’d say the rails are either tarnished brass or copper. If I can find the right size copper angle-rails, I might replace my Starkiller’s rails. Or maybe I’ll just wait until the MOM static hero comes along, so it can be my definitive static hero, since my MOM FX hero will be an FX.

I originally painted the brass rails on my Starkiller Hero with the ACE metallic gold, as per Starkiller and Halliwax. It looks great, but I’m still not convinced it’s the finish that the original prop has.

And, fact of the matter is that I’ve had to strip and repaint the rails several times, because the paint chips rather easily. At least the ACE paint does, and that’s also with minimal handling. I used a coat of adhesion promoter, this time around, so we’ll see how it holds up.

I really don’t think the actual prop has painted rails or rails covered in copper tape. I think that after 38 years of handling and exhibition, there would be visibly chipped paint or tape-tears/nicks/wrinkles.

So, I’d say the rails are either tarnished brass or copper. If I can find the right size copper angle-rails, I might replace my Starkiller’s rails. Or maybe I’ll just wait until the MOM static hero comes along, so it can be my definitive static hero, since my MOM FX hero will be an FX.

there is NO way the current state of the prop is brass rails, it is a copper surface, much too red for brass, so it's either copper tape or it's copper L-stock on the prop right now.

the ISYHCANL scene might be up for debate but not the current state of the prop.

there is NO way the current state of the prop is brass rails, it is a copper surface, much too red for brass, so it's either copper tape or it's copper L-stock on the prop right now.

the ISYHCANL scene might be up for debate but not the current state of the prop.

Works for me. Even if the rails were brass, and had been painted to match the painted neck, there’s just no way the paint would last so long.

That’s actually exactly why I surmised copper foil tape... but it might even be more like decorative washi tape (less oxidation). Both come in 1/4” width strips. Snail tape is ‘snail repellant’ and was around in the late 19’s.
Unlike its state in ISYHCANL which was definitely brass rails relative to the lightly oxidized/burnished raw copper traces on the clampcard (which I’ve definitively recreated) the *current* rails are now just as red as the clampcard and haven’t darkened significantly or oxidized much outside of perhaps reasonable handling or surface oil transfer, finger burnishing, clear coating/waxing, etc.
What I will say is that upon the closest examination (as far as I can tell) with THE newest photos is that the **inside** of the rails and the fronts and backs are still just as much yellow/green brass as they were in the ISYHCANL scene. Meanwhile the top and side is quite red and coppery and warm. Reason leads me to believe they used copper foil tape after the ISYHCANL scene to match the same oxidation level on the clampcard since they were going to shoot the ‘deleted cave scene’ and then probably sealed all of it sometime later warts and all. The color disparity is hard to ignore from inside to outside.... meanwhile the windvane neck has always been a chameleon between yellow green bright and warm red dark... while the rails have consistently remained ‘always redder’ along with the clampcard.
To me this is evidence of sealed raw copper material variation vs. paint tone light reflection on the windvane.
I won’t know for sure until I get to see it for myself at the upcoming Lucas Museum... but I feel pretty confident that those are the shenanigans that led to this conundrum.

Suffice to say if the rails were painted the same as the windvane they would also look the same... yet they don’t. Always redder and matching the definitively copper clampcard tone with a brassy rail underbelly upon inspection.

Hey! Quick question, Is there a crystal chamber run thread?

Will this fit the anakin starkiller v2??

Can I get in on one of these chamber runs?

Last edited:
Are there still plans to do a static run of this later on? Any timetable (rough estimate) on when that would happen? Just wanted to make sure I’ve got enough in my budget set aside for that and the princess run.

Thanks!

Are there still plans to do a static run of this later on? Any timetable (rough estimate) on when that would happen? Just wanted to make sure I’ve got enough in my budget set aside for that and the princess run.

Thanks!

Yep. There will be a static run. Prob early 2021.

Just throwing in my 2p regarding the rails...

I agree that it looks as though something has been applied to the rails rather than them having been painted. Maybe to cover up damage, as the box has been smashed to bits at some point post filming. Perhaps the original rails were completely replaced?

When it comes to building a replica though, do you go for the prop *as it is now*, or *as it was on set*? I guess that's down to personal preference.

I'm of the view that the rails were still brass during filming, and they certainly were for the ISYHCANL scene in my opinion.

They're distinctly more of a yellow hue in the cave scene than they are today. Shinier too.

Just my 2p anyway.

Cave_01.jpgCave_02.jpgCave_03.jpgCave_04.jpgCave_05.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back