Browning M2HB, M2A1, M3 & AN/M2 machine gun 3D printed - Terminator RSB-80?

Finished the ANM3 / Flexible. Currently working on the building instructions for both the M2 and M3, which seems like a bigger undertaking than creating this props in the first place. Some problems were realized and changes made. But it is close to being released.

20200918_221343.jpg
20200918_221406.jpg
20200918_221423.jpg
20200918_221449.jpg
20200918_221544.jpg
20200918_221725.jpg

Normally in the shadows you wouldn't notice but the flash reveals the innards. I replaced part of the copper pipe with steel rod stock on this replica. This improves the look as there in nothing in the real world weapon copper coloured. In addition, the solid steel rod balances out the prop as the length of the barrel, all that PLA and the1/2" cooper pipe made this prop quite forward heavy.

20200918_221759.jpg
20200918_221944.jpg

The business end. I created 3 different ends, but only one flash suppressor. When you have one that looks this mean, why make others.

20200918_222034.jpg

Most M3s mounted in helicopters do not have this cocking plate, but I decided to add it anyway. It almost looks bare without it. In addition I modelled a custom backplate to convert this to the Flexible version.

20200918_222057.jpg

TazMan2000

Pro-Job on that wonderful project(y)(y)(y)(y)...shame that you've chosen such a busy background to take pics:unsure:

Yeah. I don’t dare take it outside for pics. One neighbour (and his wife) is an a-hole. I called bylaw enforcement on him for his dog barking for hours and he would love to get back at me.

TazMan2000

I finally completed the naming of the parts and assemblies along with the instructions on the M2. I uploaded them to CGTrader but there seems to be a delay on approval. Has anybody had problems getting stuff approved on CGTrader? Do you really need a flat file structure? Isn't one that group objects together based on assembly, better?

TazMan2000

There is a company called CFD International who manufactures weapons systems with a variant of some of the parts of the M3 with a fluted barrel for better heat dissipation.

M3.JPG

Even with the above model, there look to be mounting variations and different barrel machining. This is my version of the picture above.
CFD M3-1.JPG

CFD M3-2.JPG

Fabrique Nationale Herstal also makes a variant of the M3 seen on automatic turrets, mounted on helicopters and even a pod configuration that can be mounted on a weapons rack. Designated as the M3P.
This one has just a strange looking attachment muzzle for the front and a modified recoil buffer in the back. Shown below is the configuration with the belt attachments and the automatic cocking/firing box on the side.

FN M3P.png

Weird how the camera changes the length of the barrel in the photo below. Measurements were based on the photo above.
FN_M3P_Rotator_1-1800x1275.jpg

TinkerCad does distort the drawings with a forced perspective view, but I'm sure I have the measurements pretty close.

M3P-1.JPG

M3P-2.JPG

It would be nice if there were high-res drawings I could work from, but where's the fun in that?

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Finally got the AN/M2 and M3 loaded up on Cults3d. Making the instructions for assembly was more difficult than actually designing the prop in the first place. ***Edit. the AN-M2 feed cover is incorrect. The one pictured is actually an M3 Feed Cover. I forgot to change it. There is a difference.
AN-M2 Square.jpg

M3 Flexible Square.jpg
M3 Square.jpg
M3M Square.jpg
M3P Square.jpg

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Still making accessories. At this point, I might as well make the whole damn system. Mounts, electronics and armor.;)
This is the M88 Surefire mount for the M2HB.

Surefire Hellfighter M88 M2HB Mount.JPG

TazMan2000

Last edited:
That's no worrys, I did find it in the end on there lol. For years iv wanted to make one that is accurate but it never actually crossed my mind to print one.where did you get all your dimensions from as there is very little online? ah really what other parts have you done for it?

That's no worrys, I did find it in the end on there lol. For years iv wanted to make one that is accurate but it never actually crossed my mind to print one.where did you get all your dimensions from as there is very little online? ah really what other parts have you done for it?

There is some stuff online but its very hard to find...bits and pieces here and there, but the information was not complete.
Quite a few years ago built one out of styrene sheet, plumbing pipe and vacuum cleaner tubes, based on blueprints from Killbuckets, but I found those were inaccurate.
Some of my measurements were guesstimated from reference photos. It would have been so much easier if someone took a micrometer to a real weapon and posted the measurements but I haven't found that in years of searching. Earlier another member offered to do this on an AM-M2 but my build was already complete by then.
Its not an exact replica, but if built and detailed properly, it can look pretty darn convincing.
What you see on this thread is what I have done. I'm thinking about doing a tripod mount for it, reinforced with copper plumbing pipe. Re-enactors might find it useful, but displaying it on the tripod in my basement would just take up too much room.

TazMan2000

There is some stuff online but its very hard to find...bits and pieces here and there, but the information was not complete.
Quite a few years ago built one out of styrene sheet, plumbing pipe and vacuum cleaner tubes, based on blueprints from Killbuckets, but I found those were inaccurate.
Some of my measurements were guesstimated from reference photos. It would have been so much easier if someone took a micrometer to a real weapon and posted the measurements but I haven't found that in years of searching. Earlier another member offered to do this on an AM-M2 but my build was already complete by then.
Its not an exact replica, but if built and detailed properly, it can look pretty darn convincing.
What you see on this thread is what I have done. I'm thinking about doing a tripod mount for it, reinforced with copper plumbing pipe. Re-enactors might find it useful, but displaying it on the tripod in my basement would just take up too much room.

TazMan2000
That's the problem I have had. Yeah iv made a few out of different things, steel, wood, styrene but everytime there slightly different sizes as you say it's alot of guess work, iv always wanted to make the twin aa that they have on the side of the ships with the big mag drums. That my end goal anyway lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back