Brotherhood of Steel WIP

Darkindestod

I guess I had been on the fake forum. I have no idea what the hell is going on with that. So I'll post this again...or for the first time. Whatever.

I started with the helmet. I still need to add a few pieces, but once I do I'll probably fiberglass it. It's made of foam and I'm using the Pepakura Designer program. I've never used either so it's all new to me. Hopefully it turns out as well as I think it will.

I'll more than likely paint it up in Outcast colors as well. Updates will happen as I get more pieces of the overall armor completed.

it looks great so far! I don't know if its the picture or how the helmet is placed, but it looks like the respirators are ever so slightly off kilter from each other.

it looks great so far! I don't know if its the picture or how the helmet is placed, but it looks like the respirators are ever so slightly off kilter from each other.

They are indeed off. I may have to correct that. Luckily I have a little give with the whole thing being foam. Hell, that's probably why it's off kilter to begin with.

EDIT: The table this was set on is not exactly flat which results in the respirators looking off. I'll take some more pictures soon enough when I have more progress done with it.

Last edited:
The abdominal part is a little off. I'll be correcting it when I extend the torso all around the bottom. I'm eventually going to paint it in Outcast colors so it may not be as noticeable but I'm a perfectionist and need to fix it regardless.
ZRbfv.jpg

Here's a better view of the areas that need to be extended.
QrzVE.jpg

you can use 600 or 800 grit auto wet sand paper to take some of those edges down. works great. even gets rid of excess hot glue without damaging the foam

you can use 600 or 800 grit auto wet sand paper to take some of those edges down. works great. even gets rid of excess hot glue without damaging the foam

You may have just saved me a bunch of time. I love you.

I will be doing a little more indepth work on the helmet with fiberglass and/or bondo but the rest of it will probably be coated with plastidip...I might do the 50/50 mixture of water and glue to seal it but I haven't decided yet.

ok, i just printed out 600 pages of legal sized paper that makes this armor.... i have placed all the paper on the biggest wall in my house and im going piece by piece and have done the math and if i want to get the entire costume done in about 4 months i have to go through 10 pieces of paper a day....... and than theirs the fiber glassing, and resining, and the bondo.... sooo much work!!!

but you made yours completely out of foam and it looks amazing, props to you sir, props. i will make a thread on my armor soon. keep up the good work and keep posting pictures.

It's taken me about a month and a half, 3-4 hours a day to get this far. The foam does help me cut some corners. All I have left is the arm and leg parts which won't take as long since they are much more simplistic pieces. I also am able to cut the amount of paper I go through by half since I'm not using the paper itself to make the physical form.

ugh..... comic con in 5 months, im gooing as ncr heave trooper, my friend riley as ncr patroll ranger and my other friend david as ncr veteran ranger. they made both their costumes out of foam... i regret the whole paper idea..... and just wondering but do you have templates by any chance?

I have the T-45d files...which is what this build is ultimately going to be. I think I have the files for the T-51b helmet as well. I downloaded some other files just the other day that are armor pieces that slightly differ from what I'm building now. The new files are a little all over the place as far as unfolding goes but with a little time that can be corrected.

I'd like to find the Tesla armor files. If I come across those I'll build that next.

I have the T-45d files...which is what this build is ultimately going to be. I think I have the files for the T-51b helmet as well. I downloaded some other files just the other day that are armor pieces that slightly differ from what I'm building now. The new files are a little all over the place as far as unfolding goes but with a little time that can be corrected.

I'd like to find the Tesla armor files. If I come across those I'll build that next.
I just have the helm, I don't have the armor files. but looking for some

hey you mentioned fiberglassing. just so you know, i hear the resin tends to eat through the foam and destroy it. i'm just telling you so you don't end up wasting that month and a half!

hey you mentioned fiberglassing. just so you know, i hear the resin tends to eat through the foam and destroy it. i'm just telling you so you don't end up wasting that month and a half!

Yeah that would suck. Have you heard bad things with bondo and foam?

bondo and foam...no, not specifically. i don't see any sort of chemical reaction happening that would damage the foam like the resin would, but bondo does get hot as it cures (though i would think that would be a good thing, it could melt the foam similar to how hot glue does and make a great bond.) i'd suggest doing a forum search, to be honest.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back