Broken Tusk - Small Update, Pg 5, Post 105

munson

The Broken Tusk suit build has evolved more times than I can count, so instead of trying to clean up my thread I thought I'd start a new one.

- Partial Backstory -

~Dark Blood Clan~

Broken Tusk hails from an ancient clan on Predators....an ancient clan that lived and breathed to hunt the most dangerous species in existence...even if it meant that species were other predators. These hunters where only thought to exist as a myth, a legend. The legend proved to be more than true...a clan that was thought to be a myth was a horrific reality. Their prey would be tortured...and begged for death.....for it you were caught, death would be mercy.

The myth continues......the legends are real...

I changed a lot up on the suit to make him more tribal. He's going not going to be wearing a lot of armor and I axed the mechanical arm. In his clan, the only technical technology they sport is their bio helmet [well, if you count blades and spears are technology?]

So far I have a Mr Black belt from AntCarb, skins and P2 hands from mannowar, Mr Black trophy skin from Bagy [okay, it was the backsection addition I had], chest straps, Mr Black boots and custom tracker shins, and a spear by clay.

I should be receiving 100lbs of gypsum, burlap, and 2 gallons of latex later this week so I hope to have the boots cast and molded by the end of the weekend. Question, about how thick or how much latex is used in a typical foot?

Onto the pics [sorry, not the greatest and not much to look at yet].

DSCN0074.jpg

Loganonthesofa027.jpg

Loganonthesofa028.jpg

Loganonthesofa029.jpg

Loganonthesofa030.jpg

My half mask is painted Wolf colors, but I'm really liking this paint up my mangrasshopper:

http://www.modelzone...od_4/blood1.jpg

Under the tracker bio [it hangs over the crown and is large on the half mask, dreads, and a neck ring...you really don't see much of the color and I could always replace the half mask later too...

Thanks for looking!

dude he looks like a MEAN MF !!! i cant wait to see this monster with some color and alive!!
Keep it up bro a few more weeks left !!

As a young lad I remember the AVP Toys and one of the Predators was called "brocken tusk". That was one of my favorite Figures I played with. Your little back story made me imagine playing with that figure back in the day.

This suit is going to look glorious on your 7 foot frame!!!! YOU BEAST!

Thanks for the kind comments guys, greatly appreciate them.

In the pic, it looks like he's leaning forward but that's because of the weight of the suit compared to the stand. Wasn't a bad price from ebay thought. That and he looks like he has no neck.

I think I measured it out that I should be around the 7'0" to 7'2" mark with lifts in the boots. Hopefully.

Although one big part isn't going to be on it [I wanted to P1 skull trophies on polls like in narin's bad blood], I'm liking the way it's turning out.

@Gene...I've seen that Broken Tusk AVP figure before, I think I had it too when I was younger.

Wow, that tall? really? lucky! hate to be a know it all, but the Kenner figure is called "Cracked Tusk" but who cares, the figure and your suit is Bad A!

Doug - man, looks great!, love the bio I'll be working on finishing my Elder that Joe (Ta2pro) painted, but am looking to start work on a Berserker soon afterwards. Do you plan on molding and making the fee available? If so, let me know. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Doug - man, looks great!, love the bio I'll be working on finishing my Elder that Joe (Ta2pro) painted, but am looking to start work on a Berserker soon afterwards. Do you plan on molding and making the fee available? If so, let me know. Can't wait to see more.

I'm hoping to have them molded and cast by the end of the week. I'm also working on custom Tracker shins as well and hope to have them molded by the end of the week too. They probably wont be available right away but I'll let you know when I do.

Even though I am unable to attend a con in NY, I'm still going to be working on my Broken Tusk suit. Not too much done since my last update. I've molded and cast the berzerker boots up, received some uratz armor and gauntlet from xdmray. attached the Narin chest skull, received a partial alien skull, and started sculpting the left tracker shin. I really liked the armor style and paint up on the new berzerkers, so I wanted to that route with my armor. I think the shredder shoulder armor and tri-spike gauntlet's go well with the Mr Black belt.

Still a long way to go, but here I am so far.

009.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

2011-09-20_14-19-50_242.jpg

2011-09-20_14-19-35_716.jpg

2011-09-20_14-19-23_917.jpg

2011-09-20_14-18-52_868.jpg

Comments are more then welcome and thanks for viewing.

Really nice final product! Each task you complete really shows how your skills are progressing. I haven't seen any feet that look like this before. I really like it, you did a great job.

I can't wait to see this thing finished and you in it! Gonna be beastly!

Thanks for the comments guys, greatly appreciated. I need to trim some areas off on the skull to make it fit my shoulder a bit better. I should be adding the texture to the shins today or tomorrow and should be molding it early this week. I don't have another armature, so I'll have to wait to sculpt the right shin. Then berzerker or falconer neck ring. I'm going to start the sculpts for the arm damage and abdominal piercings.

Finished up the Mr. Black neck ring, but only had enough plaster to apply three layers, including a burlap layer. I think the mold came out a lot better then my shin molds. I made the first plaster layer pretty thick, but ended up having quite a few air bubbles [which was more my fault for applying it too thick, then not taking the brush over it to check]. I went over it with appoxi putty to fill in the holes. Overall I'm happy with the way the mold came out. I have just a little over a half gallon [maybe 3/4 gallon, not exactly sure] and hope to start casting a neck ring later today. Hopefully next time it will go a lot smoother [next time being a mask]. Although it left me with no plaster left, so I have to wait to cap off the ends of the shin molds until I get more plaster.

2011-11-22_10-34-54_122.jpg

2011-11-22_10-35-14_22.jpg

2011-11-22_10-35-34_338.jpg

2011-11-25_08-29-11_5.jpg

2011-11-25_08-29-28_259.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back