Broken Tusk - Small Update, Pg 5, Post 105

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it!

hey Doug, not sure if you have done it yet or not, im playing a lot of catch up on some threads.

but as to the problem with casting your pred skull. you could always make the pour spout be the foramen magnum. the hole in the bottom of the skull where the spinal cord enters. that hole is supposed to be there. just some food for thought.

ps. everything else is looking really good man!

Thanks Daman.

I haven't even molded it and it will be a few weeks until I do mold it. I made the bottom of the Skull to look like the SS version so that I could eventually make a stand for it. I could leave the hole on the bottom where the notch is sculpted out [somehow leave it like that] and then slush cast the crap out of it? lol

I originally was going to run a half mask on Broken Tusk, but I really like the swooped back dreads on the new berzerkers. So, I decided to go with a Berzerker mask from Predator666thepain666.

Due to my noobish airbrushing experience, the paint scheme took a turn from the custom look I wanted to try and duplicate. It's different than what's out there and I really like how it came out. I am a bit disappointed on how the mouth came out, I didn't really have any colors that would mix well enough together to create a good color tone. I did dremel out some small quill areas by the lower mandible as well. Sorry for the crappy pics, taken with a cell. The red is a bit darker than what the pictures dictate.

2012-01-01_21-26-32_459.jpg

2012-01-01_21-25-39_964.jpg

2012-01-01_21-25-19_956.jpg

Quick question. I'm using fw inks to paint with, would I be able to use those to paint the teeth? I think I would do a better job at painting teeth with an airbrush.

Thanks again and comments are always appreciated!

I forgot to post this, I painted the other hand too.

2011-12-31_13-54-05_489.jpg

2011-12-31_13-54-27_870.jpg

There not exactly the same, but I think I got really close. I figure that with people, one arm is naturally stronger than the other...so some areas of the body's color pigment might be a bit different. At least that made me feel a bit better for not getting the hands to be a perfect match. lol

Right hand with Uratz gauntlet and Eaglewood spear:

2011-12-30_10-44-54_242.jpg

I'm really, REALLY digging that color scheme now, Doug! Great job! I wouldn't get too hung up on the mouth. From the pics, it doesn't look bad or stick out. It is only paint, so can go back later. Great job thus far, though, brother!

Thanks Brad. I hope to have the skin painted and the trophy skin by the end of the week. I want to make an torso armature before I start painting.

I have a roll ready! Plus aluminum foil, plaster bandages...and more plaster bandages. Then I use the expandable plumbing foam to enforce the interior of the armature. I have to build supports for the armature so that it will hold it up correctly too.

if you're talking about Great Stuff, Do NOT try and use that foam on the inside. It won't cure correctly (needs air). Lee and I both made that mistake and ended up with total abortions. You're better off getting two-part foam from a marine store...

Oh, I've used expandable foam on three other armatures. I forget what it's called, I got it from Wal-Mart. It does need air though so I apply it in layers.

It's not the Great Stuff though. It's just Expandable Foam for 2" gaps found in the hardware department.

I greatly appreciate the help and ran across the problems you mentioned once before when I first put expandable foam on the back. I just learned through my own mistake.

The teeth were just installed and ended up being a bit harder than I thought. I made some more quill holes in his lower mandibles and have quill compound coming in. I have two hez dread molds and I'm going to have to wait to order the products to make the dreads. While I wait to make the dreads, I sculpted up the smaller side quills too and will mold and cast them up as well. I'm going to add the darker read to the ends of the dreads once I have them made.

2012-01-02_20-34-47_794.jpg

2012-01-02_20-33-38_193.jpg

The Hez Tracker bio fits the Mr Black mask very nicely. There is a gap between the forehead of the mask and the forehead area of the bio, but that's more than fixable. I'm also going to add items to the inside of the bio to give it that "tech look".

Thanks for viewing and comments are always welcome.

Threads like this piss me off no end.

why?

Because it somehow evaded my eyes grrrrr, Doug, this all looks excellent, i love the conceptyou are going with, and itsawesome to see people doing their own custom preds.

looking forward to seeing more on this beasty :)

Looks awesome! I love the kind of ancient look to the wrist gaulent. The paint looks great! Cant wait to see the completed suit.

I finally painted up the skin and I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Where the suits at now, I'd say it's at least 60% done. I added some scar marks to his abs and have the peircings in the abdnominal section, but the teeth aren't in their yet [teeth aren't painted]. I put on the armor I had so I could see how it looks and so far I'm very happy. Hez's Tracker bio fits the Mr Black mask PERFECTLY!!!

I still have some things left to do: Mold the skulls and cast two up, either scratch build or sculpt a backplate, do finishing work on armor/add attachment points to armor, cap off the shin molds and cast them up, cast dreads up, and miscl items like netting, more hip rags, quills, etc...

Onto the pics:

photo1.jpg

BT2.jpg

BT4.jpg

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcomed.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back