Brickcorps723's Amazing Spiderman Suit using TaylorMcManus' print (Updated) 2/7/13

brickcorps723

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking forward to making this thread and luckily now I have the opportunity! I have been looking at TASM builds from other members like "jeffscpu, Redtogusa, MCL34N, SpiderSparrow, merkymerx, El Fett, Propazoid, and last but not least Wallcrawler248! I am very impressed with all their builds and pretty sure that mine wont come out as good as theirs but ill try my best!

I had received the print from FOD (Fabric on Demand), I highly recommend them because they have great low
prices and they are the best (probably only) that prints on Lycra/Spandex.:thumbsup

Subscribe to this thread if you want updates!:thumbsup

I havent started yet, but here are a few pics.:)

Last edited:
Re: Brickcorps723's Amazing Spiderman Suit using TaylorMcManus' print (Pic Heavy)

Sorry for the low quantity pics,probably didnt have auto focous on.:facepalm

Re: Brickcorps723's Amazing Spiderman Suit using TaylorMcManus' print (Pic Heavy)

Thanks for the mention bro. All the best with your build. I look forward to seeing how you get on. :)

Thanks for the mention bro. All the best with your build. I look forward to seeing how you get on. :)

No problem! love your build Redtogusa.:)
by the way arent you selling your suit on Ebay because I came across something similar to yours. :confused

Yup I did, it's long gone now. :(
I miss it.

Good luck brother, hope all goes smoothly for you. Btw I didn't really have a build....more like took my credit card out and went to the gym lol. All credit goes to MCL34N for my suit, I'm sure yours is gonna be fantastic!

Thanks for all the positive replies.:)

I should be updating today, so check for more later!

Good luck man, I also just started with thehoneycomb sections after a long absence

Well here is a minor update.

Decided to attempt to make the lenses out of foam and fiberglass resin over it.
It didn't go out as planned because the fiberglass resin cracked and it didn't soak into the foam as I had expected to, ill try and place fiberglass over it in my next attempt.

I tried a puffy paint test to see how smoothly it goes and it went out quite good. I had an idea of air brushing and Silc-Pigmenting Smooth-On's Dragon Skin Platinum silicone onto the suit. I thought of placing painters tape between the lines of the webbing and air brush the silicone onto the suit to get the lines thick enough to where they were three dimensional.

If anyone has tried that or something similar please PM me!

Pics:

Last edited:

Also is it better to Puff Paint the print and then sew it together,
or sew it together and then puff paint it?

Thanks,
brickcorps723

Definitely alot easier to puff paint a suit before its sewn, but you can still puff paint a sewn suit.

thats awesome mate..
thanks for checking out my suit

Re: Brickcorps723's Amazing Spiderman Suit using TaylorMcManus' print (Updated) 2/7/1

Hey everyone,

help emergency! how do you fix spread out puffy paint! please help!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back