Brian's Blade Runner Builds

20170817_224729.jpg20170817_224936.jpg

Progress on my various projects. I’ve weathered the lower section of the radio-phone and added rivets to the fastening clasps. I’ve also added a few finishing touches to my water blaster.
Moving on to my PK-D carrying case, I’ve been working on a security lock. The idea here is to give the impression of an ID activated unlocking system. I still have some more work to do on the case.

radio and blaster.jpgcase03.jpgcase04.jpg

radio and blaster.jpg

case03.jpg

case04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That box is gorgeous, I want to build my own soon. Don't have much room for it but that size looks just about right. I notice that there are a lot of different ammo boxes (or rather different labels I guess) out there, is there a specific size of box that is correct, or is it simply personal preference?

Thanks folks, much appreciated. NeilDavies - I’m not sure if there’s an agreed size for the ammo box or not. I just made it up.

I have three different Blade Runner builds on the go at the moment and I will use this thread to post pics of all of them as I make progress. Today’s task was to clean up this piece of junk I picked up from eBay in preparation for recreating this BR 2049 prop.

View attachment 747423View attachment 747424View attachment 747425

And here are a couple of my older scratch-built Blade Runner replicas. I still need to do a bit of ageing on both of these pieces.

View attachment 747426View attachment 747428View attachment 747429

fantastic! u earthlings never cease to amaze me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the appropriate size LED? I assume you just drilled out the cast LEDs and inserted these from the outside, rather than like...dismantling and inserting them from the inside?

I couldn't find actual LEDs small enough to fit. I bought a sheet of small gold self-adhesive semi-spheres from Poundland and painted them with a blob of red enamel. They fit in the existing holes perfectly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back