Brian's Blade Runner Builds

hi Candykiller, awesome work!
now that you've cast new grips you may as well make an internal bulldog frame for them, painted silver. the light reflected back from the silver will really bring out the lustre of the resin and complete this already outstanding build.
great work!

hi Candykiller, awesome work!
now that you've cast new grips you may as well make an internal bulldog frame for them, painted silver. the light reflected back from the silver will really bring out the lustre of the resin and complete this already outstanding build.
great work!

Yes, I've already got my reference photos looked out for building the interior of the grip area. And painting it silver is exactly what I intend to do. :)

Any chance of selling copies of the grips? I didn't want to go to the trouble of molding and casting them. If not I guess Ill have to,,lol

Any chance of selling copies of the grips? I didn't want to go to the trouble of molding and casting them. If not I guess Ill have to,,lol

Sorry, that's not a route a want to go down. I do this stuff for fun in my spare time and I'd like to keep it as simple as that.

Sorry, that's not a route a want to go down. I do this stuff for fun in my spare time and I'd like to keep it as simple as that.

In which case is there any chance you photographed the process so we can all copy your method ourselves? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance you can tell us what resin you used for those grips? what dye etc.. they look amazing.

No problem. The resin I used was Clear Cast by Amazing Casting Products. And for the colouring I used Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink, Caramel.

In which case is there any chance you photographed the process so we can all copy your method ourselves? :)

Sorry, the only photos I’ve taken are the ones posted here. It was a pretty straightforward process though. I just glued a shallow wall around the grips with Plasticard Styrene sheet and poured in Polycraft GP-3481F RTV Silicone Mould Making Rubber.

A bit more progress on my latest water blaster mod. I’ve chopped off the old grips and built a new interior section. (a simplified approximation of how it should look) The new grip area is mostly constructed with styrene sheet and filled solid with Milliput. I’ve given the grip section the first coat of primer to get a clearer idea of what needs further sanding and tidying up.

MK304.jpgMK305.jpgMK306.jpg

MK304.jpg

MK305.jpg

MK306.jpg

Slowly but surely continuing with my solid grips water blaster. I’ve wet-sanded the grips and drilled the holes for fixing. I just need to give them a good polish to bring back the sheen and clarity before fitting them at the end.

I forgot to mention earlier that I built in a metal rod between the grips and the main body for reinforcement, and the whole thing has been weighted. I’ve added or replaced many of the details with real hardware (screws, bolts etc) wherever possible. Next step is a bit of fine sanding to tidy things up, then give it a final coat of primer in preparation for painting on Sunday.

Mk307.jpgMK308.jpgMK309.jpgMK310.jpgMK311.jpgMK312.jpg

Mk307.jpg

MK308.jpg

MK309.jpg

MK310.jpg

MK311.jpg

MK312.jpg

Yes, that's right, the grey primer is basically providing the base colour. I dulled down the grips with a piece of Magic Eraser sponge. You can then polish it up again with a soft cloth, and I find that it helps to take away the cheap plastic shine.

How stable is the graphite effect on this? Does it rub off with handling?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back