Boston museum Star Wars models

ShowCraft

Sr Member
Hey guys... I'm flying up to Boston next weekend to see the Star Wars stuff at the Museum of Science. Do I need to buy tickets to the exhibit or can I bypass that part of it and go straight to the models without tickets? Anyone know for sure?

I have gone to the DC and Brooklin NYC exhibits, so I would imaging Boston is the same.

The models are part of the SW exhibit so you need to buy tickets to be able to get into the SW exhibit which has the models in it a that is where they are.

Lynn

Thanks guys. A phone call to the museum confirmed the need to buy tickets and that I should get there when the place opens at 9am so I'll have the exhibit to myself. I want as few people around as possible when I stuff the Star Destroyer under my coat :angel

I was up there in november. Had to purchase tickets for a specific time in increments of 30 minutes (I purchased tickets 2 months in advance). Once you're in though, you can stay as long as you'd like. But if you leave, you'll have to buy another ticket.

I'd like to go back when they come to back around to Philly. There are some things I'd like to take more speceific pictures of. Last time was mostly props. By the time I had gotten around the models (after 250+ pics) I was so tired, I didn't really take the detailed pics I had wanted to.

The crowds aren't a problem. Most people are considerate of those of us taking pics and will move out of the way if they see you with a camera.

And don't forget to actually enjoy the display. I spent so much time taking pics, I really didn't get to see anything until I uploaded them on my computer.

-Fred

:lol ^^^^ I made the same mistake at the smithsonian, spent so much time taking pics that I never really got to just soak in all the cool stuff in front of me.

This time, we went around twice.....once to photograph and once to just say holy s##t. The wife had to stop me from jumping in the landspeeder :p

Do they ever show the ILM props in england, ive heard they did bradford a while back but id love to hear of another venue sometime soon.

I'll be there 9am sunday. Thank the maker I missed the blizard last week. Besides digital and video, I plan on doing a full photo survey with a 35mm film camera; same as i did at the Smithsonian. About 150 long term exposures in full focus per model. A hand held spot light and color corecting lenses are needed for that. Security hasseled me a bit at the Smithsonian, but I was able to get the job done. I hope they leave me alone in Boston.

Originally posted by Samos 3@Feb 15 2006, 03:49 PM
I'll be there 9am sunday. Thank the maker I missed the blizard last week. Besides digital and video, I plan on doing a full photo survey with a 35mm film camera; same as i did at the Smithsonian. About 150 long term exposures in full focus per model. A hand held spot light and color corecting lenses are needed for that. Security hasseled me a bit at the Smithsonian, but I was able to get the job done. I hope they leave me alone in Boston.
[snapback]1185306[/snapback]​

when i've been there for it, they have been VERY nice about photos. i had a tripod with me for long exposures, and they had no issue.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back