Borderlands Crimson Lance COMPLETE!

Re: Borderlands Crimson Lance

Real nice work man, cell shading is pretty dead simple, I remember doing it with just a Sharpie on my zer0 armor and it turned out pretty good. I would recommend using a paint marker; it's really bold, shows no streaks and is more controlled than using a Sharpie or paint. It's what I plan to use to cell shade my Maliwan Hellfire prop because of all of it's perks.

Real nice work man, cell shading is pretty dead simple, I remember doing it with just a Sharpie on my zer0 armor and it turned out pretty good. I would recommend using a paint marker; it's really bold, shows no streaks and is more controlled than using a Sharpie or paint. It's what I plan to use to cell shade my Maliwan Hellfire prop because of all of it's perks.

I played around with the Sharpie this morning before work...Wasn't too impressed with it. I was going to use a striping paint brush and acrylic paint...but the paint marker sounds brills...Thanks for the idea!

And the base paint is laid down on 75% of my armor!
Tossed it all up on Bruce to see how it all looked as a unit and I'm happy so far with the progress.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400714462.761457.jpg

Ran into a slight snag with the shoulder armor, but I'm working my way through that now. It will probably require an additional piece of foam to hold the rounded shape (and some of the pictures I've now seen actually include it) so I'm working uour a template for how to make it and keep it close to the source material.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400714435.740640.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400714435.740640.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 157
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400714451.528562.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400714451.528562.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 150
I got a fresh rip out of the game from over on the Gearbox Forums and proceeded to tear it apart like I prefer to do.
It's not that I don't like building something someone else has already turned into a Pep file, it's just that I find I'm better at building things when I've taken the time to "unbuild" them first. So I started the way fun process of unfolding a suit of armor. Luckily I was flying back from a business trip in Germany, so I had plenty of time to work out how this would build.

View attachment 312902

Man! Only 35 pages for the torso??? What a difference! My Blood Dragon that I'm working on right now was 70 pages for the torso! SOOOOO many little details! I'm curious as comparison, do you remember how many pages the Cerby torso was?

Man! Only 35 pages for the torso??? What a difference! My Blood Dragon that I'm working on right now was 70 pages for the torso! SOOOOO many little details! I'm curious as comparison, do you remember how many pages the Cerby torso was?

Holy bringing up the dead!

eidylon, the whole torso for Cerby spanned something like 50 pages, but that was split into 3 sections to be able to put it on and off easier.

The last update just went up on the first post.
This costume is as done as it's going to get.

Thanks for looking everyone, and if you have any questions about the build, please don't hesitate to ask!

Holy bringing up the dead!

eidylon, the whole torso for Cerby spanned something like 50 pages, but that was split into 3 sections to be able to put it on and off easier.

Yeah, I should've done that... split the torso into several pieces, but I was still kinda figuring out how all this stuff goes together.
I think I'm going to have to do that on the vambraces too... they need to be scaled down a lot, but I think then I won't be able to get my hands through them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back