Unlimited Run Bookhouse Boys (Twin Peaks) embroidered patch

I ordered two but could I increase the order to 5? They look great.

After a lot of deliberation, I've approved the latest sample to proceed with production! Ultimately, while I could spend more time going back-and-forth with the designer to bring the green and brown ever-so-slightly more in line with the desired color palette...it's probably not worth the trouble. I'm not willing pay another $35 to have another sample shipped--and since I was 95% satisfied with sample 3 in person, why take the risk of switching to new colors that we'd have to rely on their photos to convey accurately?

Anyway, I'll post again once patches have arrived and I'm ready to start taking payments--I'll probably reach out directly to anyone who put their contact info into the Google survey. According to the embroiderer's schedule calculator, my order should be shipped between 3-4 weeks from now.

OH! And just for fun, here's a comparison of an old Bookhouse Boys patch I found online a few years ago, next to the latest sample from this run. My girlfriend--also a huge Twin Peaks fan--said that the old one looks like "a cartoon version for kids" compared to the new one, which I'll take as a big compliment. :p

View attachment 831616

Sorry to be so slow: I expressed interest for at least two patches at the onset, but totally missed that there is a Google doc that I'm supposed to have signed up on, and can't find the link (need some damned good coffee, it would seem...). Would you point the way, please?

Sorry to be so slow: I expressed interest for at least two patches at the onset, but totally missed that there is a Google doc that I'm supposed to have signed up on, and can't find the link (need some damned good coffee, it would seem...). Would you point the way, please?

It started as a way to gauge interest to figure out how large of an order to place, but once the patches arrive I'm planning to use it to send invoices to everyone who's expressed interest. Find it here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdGfK9-fD9v7ZL7o3o5sEigNuw8D12Hd4xXfjfFnjbLCrv_3w/viewform

After a lot of deliberation, I've approved the latest sample to proceed with production! Ultimately, while I could spend more time going back-and-forth with the designer to bring the green and brown ever-so-slightly more in line with the desired color palette...it's probably not worth the trouble. I'm not willing pay another $35 to have another sample shipped--and since I was 95% satisfied with sample 3 in person, why take the risk of switching to new colors that we'd have to rely on their photos to convey accurately?

Anyway, I'll post again once patches have arrived and I'm ready to start taking payments--I'll probably reach out directly to anyone who put their contact info into the Google survey. According to the embroiderer's schedule calculator, my order should be shipped between 3-4 weeks from now.

OH! And just for fun, here's a comparison of an old Bookhouse Boys patch I found online a few years ago, next to the latest sample from this run. My girlfriend--also a huge Twin Peaks fan--said that the old one looks like "a cartoon version for kids" compared to the new one, which I'll take as a big compliment. :p

View attachment 831616

Looks great, very exciting! I had filled out the Google doc and ordered two a few months back.

Between all of the back-and-forth correspondence, and the production team mailing me a sample before the design was officially approved, there was some confusion about what stage of the workflow we're in. Long story short: I gave final approval today, and they estimate delivery by 8/13!

Good news, everyone!

2018-08-03 21.17.44.jpg2018-08-03 21.19.58.jpg

I'm busy tonight, but this weekend I'll start reaching out to those who "reserved" an order using the Google Form...and if there are any left over after I've distributed those, I'll post a free-for-all sale in this thread!

Awesome, and much better than the Showtime version.

View attachment 834811

Sorry in advance, Patattack, don't want to hijack this thread too much, but el toro's image reminded me of something, and I figure this thread would have people who are interested, since it's Twin Peaks prop related:

Would anyone be interested in helping create a run of the lapel pin worn by both Agent Cooper and Gordon Cole in the original two seasons? You can see it on Gordon's jacket in the GIF el toro posted above, and here's some close-ups of the one on Cooper's jacket:

gVGDkoY.jpg

It looks to be a bronze pin of a crest depicting a crane, similar to this Japanese family crest below, but with 16 small spheres surrounding it:

e372219375ab006c25b137684653cec4--crane-logo-family-crest.jpg

I've looked high and low and couldn't find the existing pin, and am thinking of creating a run of replicas. I would be able to create the vector file of the design, but I'm not aware of any services that would be able to create a run of 3D bronze pins. Anyone know of any? And would anyone be interested in buying one if a run were to happen?

Here is a thread discussing them, though it hasn't been updated in some time. Please let me know there if you know of any metal pin making services or if you'd want to get one if they were produced.

Now handing this thread back to Patattack's run of patches, sorry again for derailing!

Last edited:
Sorry in advance, Patattack, don't want to hijack this thread too much, but el toro's image reminded me of something, and I figure this thread would have people who are interested, since it's Twin Peaks prop related:

Would anyone be interested in helping create a run of the lapel pin worn by both Agent Cooper and Gordon Cole in the original two seasons? You can see it on Gordon's jacket in the GIF el toro posted above, and here's some close-ups of the one on Cooper's jacket:

https://i.imgur.com/gVGDkoY.jpg

It looks to be a bronze pin of a crest depicting a crane, similar to this Japanese family crest below, but with 16 small spheres surrounding it:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e3/72/21/e372219375ab006c25b137684653cec4--crane-logo-family-crest.jpg

I've looked high and low and couldn't find the existing pin, and am thinking of creating a run of replicas. I would be able to create the vector file of the design, but I'm not aware of any services that would be able to create a run of 3D bronze pins. Anyone know of any? And would anyone be interested in buying one if a run were to happen?

Here is a thread discussing them, though it hasn't been updated in some time. Please let me know there if you know of any metal pin making services or if you'd want to get one if they were produced.

Now handing this thread back to Patattack's run of patches, sorry again for derailing!

I'd be interested in buying one, for sure! There are plenty of places that'll make custom enameled lapel pins, including the company I used for these patches. But...I don't know how one would go about producing a custom 3D/sculpted pin...not sure how much help I'd be.

That said, I found another pic that has a decent head-on view of the pin, and I think it supports your theory! I used to think it was some FBI pin (which it did turn into in the new season) but the crest you shared seems awfully close--far closer than any vintage FBI pins I could dig up photos of.

dale-cooper-in-twin-peaks-e1484486180405.jpg

I'm up for the lapel pin also.
Apparently the pin's design appears to be changing based on the timeline in Twin Peaks 2017.
https://25yearslatersite.com/2017/06/03/whats-the-deal-with-lapel-pins-and-timelines/

https://i.imgur.com/gVGDkoY.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e3/72/21/e372219375ab006c25b137684653cec4--crane-logo-family-crest.jpg

I'm up for the lapel pin also.
Apparently the pin's design appears to be changing based on the timeline in Twin Peaks 2017.
https://25yearslatersite.com/2017/06/03/whats-the-deal-with-lapel-pins-and-timelines/

The pin Cooper wears in the new season is a completely different one, it's an FBI pin. And its design doesn't change throughout that season like this article claims, it's just a shiny pin, and the light is hitting it at different angles so different bits of it are reflecting the light in different shots. I own one so it's easy to tell.

136ScTz.jpg

It's interesting that you noted the 16 small "spheres" around the outside, because I've learned that the 16-petaled chrysanthemum is a popular iconography in Japan, rooted in the Imperial Seal. Perhaps there's some variant on these pins that was used as a vintage found item, or perhaps it was used as a base?

axedry_003-300x290.jpgbadge2.jpgdj-030-4.jpgp10-badges-a-20150224.jpgp10-badges-f-20150224.jpg

It's interesting that you noted the 16 small "spheres" around the outside, because I've learned that the 16-petaled chrysanthemum is a popular iconography in Japan, rooted in the Imperial Seal. Perhaps there's some variant on these pins that was used as a vintage found item, or perhaps it was used as a base?

View attachment 834941View attachment 834942View attachment 834943View attachment 834944View attachment 834945

Good call! I'm sure the pin was indeed a vintage found item. I'll keep searching, especially now that you've provided me with more info I can use, but I have a feeling that finding them will be a challenge and that I'll need to make em myself at some point.

I'm down to less than 10 remaining, so I wanted to give the stragglers who expressed interest originally (but didn't get around to filling out the survey) a chance to stake their claim before I ran out...if there are any left, I'll post here and let you know!

...Or maybe I should just order another 100 patches at this point. ;)

The pin may be a Soka Gakkai Buddhist member badge. The link below is to an older version of the pin with the Mori crane surrounded by 16 spheres. While originating in Japan, Soka Gakkai has global locations, and concentrate on meditating for what you want in life. As David Lynch is a practicing Buddhist and meditator, this pin might make sense.
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-japanese-soka-gakkai-buddhist-439602291

Good call! I'm sure the pin was indeed a vintage found item. I'll keep searching, especially now that you've provided me with more info I can use, but I have a feeling that finding them will be a challenge and that I'll need to make em myself at some point.

The pin may be a Soka Gakkai Buddhist member badge. The link below is to an older version of the pin with the Mori crane surrounded by 16 spheres. While originating in Japan, Soka Gakkai has global locations, and concentrate on meditating for what you want in life. As David Lynch is a practicing Buddhist and meditator, this pin might make sense.
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-japanese-soka-gakkai-buddhist-439602291

Oh snap! This seems like an extremely plausible theory!

Wow! Thank you for this! How did you find this info? I've been looking for a very long time...

Needless to say, this is right on the money. The pin you linked is a slightly different, larger variant of the exact one worn by Cooper in the series, the latter of which I just found and bought on eBay:

s-l1600.jpg

After comparing it to photos and screenshots, this is 100% the right pin. There are several on eBay now and I'm sure there will be more in the future.

The implications of this pin are interesting. It makes sense since Cooper is very much into his "Tibetan method" and it would make sense that he has some interest in Buddhism. It's odd that this would imply that Cooper and Cole belong to a specific organized religious movement, though...

Thanks very much el toro! Sorry again for going off on this tangent, the floor is yours, Patattack!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back