Boba Fett metal costume

thank you navajo bro,

here is some progress. after filling and sanding the left gauntlet I made it to paint it this weekend. I also weathered it. the weathering was some kind of fun with the aluminum. I did not use a primer so you can add scratches and chipped paint easily by using some piece of metal and do some real scratching. the color goes off easily than and it looks natural.
next thing will be to find the keypad and add it. and the gauntlet will need a rocket too. but maybe I ll start working on the right one before doing the rocket...

IMG_2474%20Kopie_zpstuhu8qez.jpg

IMG_2475%20Kopie_zpse6kwknlc.jpg

IMG_2476%20Kopie_zpsjbw72t9h.jpg

IMG_2477%20Kopie_zps5dbhnyjz.jpg

IMG_2479%20Kopie_zpskooqqkjm.jpg

IMG_2480%20Kopie_zps6phrqtmc.jpg

IMG_2482%20Kopie_zpsvfncu5jd.jpg

IMG_2483%20Kopie_zpsm1q9pqhp.jpg

IMG_2484%20Kopie_zpscvoiawxl.jpg

IMG_2485%20Kopie_zpsbs6rshtl.jpg

IMG_2487%20Kopie_zps3cy0ikzr.jpg

IMG_2488%20Kopie_zpsntmx8rla.jpg

IMG_2489%20Kopie_zpsylfztx42.jpg

IMG_2490%20Kopie_zpsxtyiutbb.jpg

IMG_2491%20Kopie_zpsjbntep1z.jpg

It's funny that you were able to do a paint job and actually scratched / sanded the paint down to metal where as the movie prop would have just simulated this. Good job at art imitating life imitating art.

hahaha, yes, thats the interrelation between movies and real life:lol

bought some lego bricks to use it as keypad for the gauntlet. as always in this build not screen accurate, but a cheap good looking alternative in my opinion.

IMG_2527%20Kopie_zpsxrluho04.jpg

IMG_2528%20Kopie_zpsrjruqo5b.jpg

IMG_2529%20Kopie_zpswg3gu7dr.jpg

IMG_2530%20Kopie_zpsm5mk0nzs.jpg

Amazing build! I plan to make my aluminum armor soon, out of maybe 3/16 sheets. looks awesome though. Man with skills!

Goodluck,
Alex

I cant see the pictures im at work but I assume it looks beautiful from peoples reaction. Welcome to the Aluminum Boba club I have made mine out of thicker aluminum 3/16

here are some pictures

View attachment 643813View attachment 643812View attachment 643811View attachment 643810View attachment 643809View attachment 643808View attachment 643807View attachment 643814

Dude, that looks sick! What gauge of aluminum plating did you use, my set of Beskar'gam I'm working on deserves this treatment. Maybe I could even give my Star Lord cosplay the aluminum treatment...

I used 2 mm thick aluminum plates. as you can see in your quote cyberpyrot uses thicker material. for the flack vest this looks definitely better I would say, but when I started mine, I thought thicker material would be too heavy. but I think just for the breast and belly it would be pretty much ok.

Holy $#!÷ those are beautiful! I'm honestly not a huge metal craftsman because of a lack of tools Lol, but my ball pin hammer and pliers can get me far enough for now I guess.

Goodluck,
Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

well well,

so the suit is close to be finished now. I have made some darts for the right gauntlet and through the last few weeks I weathering all the soft parts using acrylic colors. first I dyed the flight suit a little bit darker to fit the color tone of the pre production suit more. I think it actually depends on the reference pictures you are using though. the weathering is not so noticeable in the pictures though, but if you look near you can see some decent dirt. its not so visible because the suit itself is much darker than ESB or ROTJ. the most noticeable weathering was made to the cape. there is a picture of boba fett in the encyclopedia and I wanted it to look like that. I simply bleached some areas of the cape with some chlorine.

now just the wrist rocket is missing and I think I ll have to replace the ankle spats. the actual ones looks a little bit too small. and I need a jetpack:) my plan is now to make a JT 12 Jetpack like jango fett was using.

her are all the weathered softparts:

IMG_3788%20Kopie_zpsbkkhs6fc.jpg

and the armor plates:

IMG_3789%20Kopie_zpsvqylisok.jpg

and some fast snapshots of the whole suit as it looks like now:

13%20Kopie_zpskgtvvofb.jpg

14%20Kopie_zpsgcx3pisi.jpg

10%20Kopie_zpsgzugnyry.jpg

7%20Kopie_zpsyqaln3t8.jpg

2%20Kopie_zpsd2xwmz2k.jpg

4%20Kopie_zpsrykmsafa.jpg

35%20Kopie_zpsi809k8wn.jpg

17%20Kopie_zps7brhqu92.jpg

32%20Kopie_zpsyfdhkqyx.jpg

26%20Kopie_zpsgqpiebkg.jpg

21%20Kopie_zpss9b8anpn.jpg

22%20Kopie_zpsxtw9agfr.jpg

thank you very much,

today I bought an aluminum and a brass rod from which I want to turn the wrist rocket out of, maybe next week. hope this one turns out well...

IMG_3879_zpsllncylhm.jpg

thank you guys,

it is in fact a little bit heavy, but not too much, just feels kind of real. in my opinion, a real military flag vest weights a little more. but the gauntlets are a little bit unusual.. to have a weight on your underarms. its nice I dont have to think much about not to break anything while wearing it though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back