Boba Fett metal costume

alienbuilder

hello again,

was not able to take my eyes of my boba fett helmet and couldnt resist thinking of a full armor. so I started to sew a little bit 2 weeks ago. the flightsuit is almost finished now. I went the easy way again, so this will also not be 100% authentic but a some mixed costume of the ESB and the Pre-Pro Boba. first I bought a normal gray worker suit, than added the collar, the significant pockets and the short sleeves. the fabric I used is a little more bright than the suit, but I like it. I also finished the bigger belt pockets the angle pieces and the soft parts of the flak vest are almost done too. will do some more pictures next week. next step might be the gloves, than I ll pay my attention to the metal plates for the flak vest. here some pictures with the flightsuit...

Last edited:
Re: Boba Fett costume

Boba's flight suit in ESB was more or a blue. Also,it was very weathered. He looks like he got into fights with a grease gun!

Boba's flight suit in ESB was more or a blue. Also,it was very weathered. He looks like he got into fights with a grease gun!

yes, you are right. weathering is not yet done, just the sewing. depending the color, I m going more with the Pre Pro suit, wich is a dark gray if I m right. but anyway it will not be an absolutely accurate costume as I said. the fabrics color of the applicated pockets and sleeves is also a little bit more bright, so the suit is not unicolor. the flak vest will also not be a bright gray but some kind of khaki, more like the one in RotJ, so everything mixed up a little bit.

some updates after a while. just working on this besides some other projects.
finished the flakvest but I ll have to add some fastener where the aluminum plates will be adjusted. I also got a leather belt and the big pockets there. I still need the small leatherpockets. and I finished the gloves too. not accurate, but pre-pro style. but I used some brown leather gloves and not some out of fabric but it look more robust. the first part of the red belt is also done. so the softparts are almost done and I m looking forward to start up with the armor plates.

some updates after a long time:
finished the ammo belt some time ago and started building the armor plates this weekend. bought some 2mm aluminum plates and after 2 days bending and welding most of the armor is finished. I just have to do some finishing on the knee armor and build the backplate. than I can start to fix everything on the vest and finely paint it.

Mugatu isn't kidding, you really are a man of many talents. Love that aluminum armor. :thumbsup

It looks like you have the right height and build for the Fett costume. That goes a long way, too.

That's what I'm talking about: REAL armor!!!
Excellent job on the jetpack strap holes in the back plate.

thanks a lot.
yes, the flak vest really got something tactical, especially without the armor plates. I ll post some pictures later...

but first some pictures with everything put on. got something jango like now because its still unpainted, but hopefully I can start painting the plates on sunday. now there are just the gaunlets missing.

I used the hook and loop fastener- method. as mugatu said, I wanted it not so much movie accurate but a little more real, and this way made sense to me, because it would make it easy to change armor plates and make the vest able to wash. as I said the vest really looks a little bit like some kind of tactical vest without the plates to me:

no, there s a fastener with a kind of tape side already on it. its available on amazon too. for the moment its gluing as hell, but if it will ever went lose, I ll glue it again with some superglue I already used for the shoes. but for now I m pretty happy with it.

after a while I have finished some small details on the suit now. I used connectors for air pressure systems for the knee armor rockets. working pretty well I think. for the knee armor I added some fastener on the suit and also some padding under it, so the knee armor are fixed good now and are also kind of funktional. than I ve added the cape and the signs on the vest and also weathered the armor plates. at least I ve added the hooks for the jetpack. now I am working on the gaunlets, also made out of aluminum.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back