Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

This has been such an epic build!.. I was looking through a geiger art book yesterday and it reminded me I havent checked out this build in ages!.. I'm really liking the base, its nice to see a subtle blended base which does not detract from the bust but is still a fantastic bit of modelling in its own right:) I cant wait to see this thing painted up. What is th plan for the transparent upper portion?

If you made a 2-footish jockey I wouldn't hesitate to put a deposit down... Dont let Martyn distract you with plans of the derelict!:p

What do you mean??? :)

Just 'oh god, want a large SJ too'. Have the small Halcyon one - beaut kit, but little.

"Why" only three castings...silly person should have made thirty! :)

If you made a 2-footish jockey I wouldn't hesitate to put a deposit down... Dont let Martyn distract you with plans of the derelict!:p

Don't worry Johnny, I'd be shouldering my way to the front of the queue for an SJ myself. :p

Well, I've been MIA for a bit and am just blown away with what I've missed! Outstanding work on the base. This bad boy is definitely on my Xmas list...

Thanks guys :)

This has been such an epic build!.. I was looking through a geiger art book yesterday and it reminded me I havent checked out this build in ages!.. I'm really liking the base, its nice to see a subtle blended base which does not detract from the bust but is still a fantastic bit of modelling in its own right:) I cant wait to see this thing painted up. What is th plan for the transparent upper portion?

Thanks :) The plan ATM for the transparent dome is to cast the head & then build up the dome in clay using the head as the base to build on to make a buck for vac forming.

Nwerke, I thought you might have meant why only 3 as in only 3 future projects :D

I must admit I'm quite keen on the SJ idea for a next project, but I'd want to build it fairly big. With the scope thingy, a 2 foot sj would make the pilot quite small, I'm thinking that around 4 foot overall length would be better & being that its long & narrow it should sit nicely on the shelf.
This is assuming I omit the round base.

Leigh...I think a good project would be the Space Jockey Bio-organic helmet 1/1 to display with Bob. This also ties in to the new movie and would be a HOT seller

I must admit I'm quite keen on the SJ idea for a next project, but I'd want to build it fairly big. With the scope thingy, a 2 foot sj would make the pilot quite small, I'm thinking that around 4 foot overall length would be better & being that its long & narrow it should sit nicely on the shelf.
This is assuming I omit the round base.

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup I can picture it now with latex webbing all over it. Not sure how it'd look without a base though. However with one, it'd be crazy huge. You'd definitely have to rotocast the Jockey. All I can think of now is the awful exchange rate and the cost of shipping. :cry

This thread is starting to make me upset....because I can't have one :( :( :( "blah blah you can make your own blah blah blah" No sir, I cannot. EXCELLENT WORK LEIGH.

Leigh, a 2-foot SJ would set off every SQUEEE receptor in my brain. Anything above 2 foot would just be gravy. I do like the way you think! Big is good. I don't have the space for yet more big stuff but I don't care. I will, literally, build it, if it comes to that.

I am very sure you'll come up with more than three other projects worthy of your talents! :thumbsup

Onigiri's suggestion is a good one. An SJ biohelmet - it's still a concept that makes me a bit queasy, but it would certainly sell well and the actual prop looks great.

Its all food for thought :)

I've been busy on Bob today,
I made a sturdy stand for his head out of foam & I wasnt entirely happy with how far the jaw opened.
It didn't seem aggressive enough for my liking :D
I had to cut away a fair bit from the underside of the head to allow the extra on the jaw to fit without fouling anything & I've reinforced the hinges.
I've done it so that the jaw closes & stops just before the teeth touch & it'll only open this far but I think its enough :)
356.jpg

357.jpg

Last edited:
:lol Thanks

He now has an inside to his mouth.
I thought I'd better do it as I made his jaw open further & you can see right in there:
358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

:)

Edit:

Heres a couple of better pic's:
361.jpg

362.jpg

& the tongue fits in there like a glove :)

Last edited:
Very nice indeed! I guess there will be no way to hide the seam/hinge on the inner tongue.

Here's a thought. Ever considered making the teeth separate like dentures? That way they could be chromed and then inserted.

Very nice indeed! I guess there will be no way to hide the seam/hinge on the inner tongue.

Here's a thought. Ever considered making the teeth separate like dentures? That way they could be chromed and then inserted.

With the tongue, I'm planning on using clay to cover the hinge seams for the main mould then cast a rubber skin. Then remove about 1mm all over the tonge & make another mould with the separate hinged peices to make the plastic body & slip the rubber skin over the top & glue in place with the plastic teeth poking through. I hope that makes sense :lol

Well, that is an ingenious way to fix that problem! It's essentially a condom for Bob's tongue. I think the edges of the rubber against the teeth will really give it a realistic look.

I've held off on posting on this thread ( though I have been following from page 1 ) as I have a low post count and don't want to bump it by just posting " Wow, thats great" in every thread but............

Holy Jeebus!
Blown away. Just completley blown away.

I'll never be talented enough of well enough off to have the opportunity to own such a piece , but the pleasure I get from watching such talented craftsmen as yourself at work is more than a small comfort.

I bow to you Sir and to your talent.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back