Bob Iger reveals that George Lucas was disappointed by TFA

I know some of the concepts George threw around for his versions of 7, 8, and 9 were to explore the "microscopic" aspects of the Force, so more stupid midichlorians etc. Perhaps the new villain would have been disease and watching a person lay in a sickbay fighting off said disease for 3 films. Yawn. :rolleyes: No thanks George. I'll pass.

I have to disagree, learning about the Whills - which have been part of George's story treatment since the 70's i think would've been fascinating and just added another layer to the fabric of SW.

I think many have tried, including George himself with the PT and Clone Wars, to deepen the concept but often it's been to the detriment of the idea. We'll never know now though so I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I sorta liked the Mortis arc in Clone Wars, for deepening Force lore. I really liked the Bendu in Rebels. I think that added the most -- in a compelling way -- since Luke trained with Yoda in 1980.

I think the Whills *might* have deepened it. It could also have been a boring segue into the world of midichlorians that bored the crap out of people. It's all in the execution.

I have to disagree, learning about the Whills - which have been part of George's story treatment since the 70's i think would've been fascinating and just added another layer to the fabric of SW.

I for one would have loved more about the Whills. But considering the reaction by the fans to midi-chlorians, made Disney/Lucasfilm gunshy to go that route.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back