Blue Beetle - Jaime Reyes Mask Helmet Build

Flarrow

This is my first Build Thread and I am making a Blue Beetle mask. Blue Beetle (especially the second one) has been one of my favorite characters from the DC universe and I really enjoyed him on Young Justice so I am willing to try my hand at making this mask for my first build ever.

I am beginning with making the pepakura model and using it as a mold for pouring in melted clay. After removing the paper from the pepakura, the base and the structure of my mask will already be casted with clay. I will then edit the clay sculpture to perfection. After that I am going to jacket mold the sculpture with layers silicone. I will cast my first mask with rigid Polyurethene resin and then cast more with flexible Polyurethene rubber and/or latex.

It sounds a little bit complicated for my first build but some forum threads, googling and tutorials will help.

Feel free to Comment, Question, Suggest or give tips to Help. Thanks

IMG_0183.jpg

i'll be a comic book snob now and tell you that the blue beetle jaime is the 3rd blue beetle =P
anyway, i'm looking forward to your build, my friend is also planning one so i might use your thread as a reference :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back