Blank firing Blade Runner Blaster - Advice needed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :mad:

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!:love:

Man... I suck so bad at paint it's sad really:

IMG_20200702_141720170.jpg

But, since all my props are "as issued" and weathering comes from playing with them it evens out in the end:

IMG_20200704_125853206.jpg

I was pretty pleased with how sanding down the inside of the grips went. Sanding wheel, 100 grit, 200 grit, 1000 grit, polishing wheel :) :

IMG_20200704_125915876.jpg

the proportions are almost like the donor was made for the prop:

IMG_20200705_182315496.jpg

Oh, and you will have to grind out a notch in the receiver for the hammer to pass through:

IMG_20200704_130023651.jpg

IMG_20200704_130008302.jpg

I kept trying to form the trigger guard since I can't install the 2nd trigger until the guard is on there and after my third JB welding it was officially fixed until it was broken. Luckily @BR12819 sent me some aluminum and some steel stock (you rock, brother), so with a couple of vice grips and a couple of days of upper body workout I'll eventually get it beaten into submission:

IMG_20200705_182157257.jpg

Last edited:
If you're just gluing the second trigger to that metal, it's probably never going to be on there very strongly. JB weld has never worked for me in that regard. You might need to drill and tap into the trigger, and drill and tap into the frame, and use a grub screw to connect them, and then add some steel stick, or bondo steel putty so you have something much less brittle than JB weld.

If you're just gluing the second trigger to that metal, it's probably never going to be on there very strongly. JB weld has never worked for me in that regard. You might need to drill and tap into the trigger, and drill and tap into the frame, and use a grub screw to connect them, and then add some steel stick, or bondo steel putty so you have something much less brittle than JB weld.

Thanks, man. :) Oh, no I intend to screw the second trigger to the frame (similar to the Hartford design in your pic), but in order to know where best to put it it needs the guard in place to determine symmetry. I filled in the notch I Dremeled in the frame with JB Weld and tried to form the trigger guard I had broken with the heat gun together but it's impossible to bend with the existing break already in it. So, gotta make a new trigger guard... sucks...

Why is nothing ever easy? The dimensions are all wrong on the trigger guard but I think I'll do the wiring next. I'm sore from wrestling with that steel bar for freaking hours. :)

IMG_20200711_065407478.jpg

IMG_20200711_065423825.jpg

just like a "real world" gun, you'r adding custom accessories. I could imagine a bladerunner going to a gunsmith and asking for "something alil more robust" in the trigger guard, especially with 2 trigger's. ;)

just like a "real world" gun, you'r adding custom accessories. I could imagine a bladerunner going to a gunsmith and asking for "something alil more robust" in the trigger guard, especially with 2 trigger's. ;)

Yeah, the trigger guard is growing on me. It has to make a 4-5mm forward advance that requires it to either flatten out at the bottom or dip low in its curve...

That prop is a pretty thing :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back