Blade Runner revisited: Deckard's lamps

Originally posted by confusion@Jan 12 2006, 01:03 AM
Wow. What a great lamp.  what color is the "saucer" section? I'm going to have to get seach ebay for one.
[snapback]1156877[/snapback]​
It's a trademark bronze-brown metallic paint that's almost automotive quality. Most vintage Dazor rectangular-head drafting lamps also were this color. But I've seen this particular model also come in black, white, and gray. Mine is the correct screen-used color.

Best key words to use in an eBay search:
  • Dazor lamp
  • flying saucer lamp
  • art deco lamp
  • retro lamp
  • Eames Era lamp
  • Eames lamp
If you get too many hits, narrow it down by adding "table" and "desk" before lamp, but I wouldn't do that for automatic searches, as you might miss one if the seller isn't that specific in his title or description.

Hope this helps. :)

- Gabe

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 12 2006, 09:15 AM
But I've seen this particular model also come in black, white, and gray.  Mine is the correct screen-used color.

[snapback]1156879[/snapback]​

Have you seen the one that was on ebay (search completed items) that's a ...err...lovely... salmon pink? Wow, I'd hate to see the room *that* would fit in. :eek

Originally posted by tk421mv7+Jan 12 2006, 01:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tk421mv7 @ Jan 12 2006, 01:29 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Prop Runner
@Jan 12 2006, 09:15 AM
But I've seen this particular model also come in black, white, and gray.  Mine is the correct screen-used color.

[snapback]1156879[/snapback]​

Have you seen the one that was on ebay (search completed items) that's a ...err...lovely... salmon pink? Wow, I'd hate to see the room *that* would fit in. :eek
[snapback]1156886[/snapback]​
[/b]
Yes... I did, and I hit the
x.JPG
tab as fast as I could. :lol

Still, would have made a great project if one wanted to repaint it...

- Gabe

Just want to say thanks Gabe for getting me started on another obsession.

I have two now and I want to start collecting all types of Dazors.

Thanks Gabe..

Originally posted by tk421mv7@Jan 12 2006, 04:29 AM
Have you seen the one that was on ebay (search completed items) that's a ...err...lovely... salmon pink?  Wow, I'd hate to see the room *that* would fit in.  :eek
[snapback]1156886[/snapback]​
I just finished watching "Miami Vice, Season 2", and lo and behold there were TWO Salmon Pink dazors on the nightstands of some drug lords bedroom. :lol

This is a rare virtual at the interior of the Ennis Brown house. Seems they are very guarded about pictures of the interior and save it for tours.
I suspect that some of the lights, like #6 may belong to the home itself. The woodwork upon which they seem to be mounted seems in tone with other found in the home.

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/virtual...diningRoom.html

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/virtual...livingRoom.html

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/virtual...e/corridor.html

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/virtual...use/bridge.html

http://www.world-heritage-tour.org/virtual...e/overview.html

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Oct 20 2005, 10:09 PM
They might even be mounted upside down.
[snapback]1100559[/snapback]​

i had the same thought the second i saw them :p

Rick, your first two links aren't working.

Great panoramics, by the way - I'd love seeing the house again when they resume tours. :)

I wasn't aware that any scenes were shot in the actual Ennis Brown house - are you certain of this? I believe I read that the tiles were cast up enough times to create the interior of Deckard's apartment.

- Gabe

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Feb 5 2006, 12:10 AM
Rick, your first two links aren't working.

Great panoramics, by the way - I'd love seeing the house again when they resume tours. :)

I wasn't aware that any scenes were shot in the actual Ennis Brown house - are you certain of this?  I believe I read that the tiles were cast up enough times to create the interior of Deckard's apartment.

- Gabe
[snapback]1176338[/snapback]​

Fixed the links.

I'm zero qualified as to where scenes were shot. I know I have read at least one claim where the home was used but that could be someones assumption based on the tiles alone. IIRC the main part of the article was devoted to Wright architecture and mentioned a number of film locations using his work.

But I love the house. :D

lamp_9.JPG

#9 leaves me scratching my head. It's either custom-made for the set, or it's some kind of funky light-art statue that I'd guess is psychadelic 60's era or possibly 30's art-deco. Reminds me a lot of those cheasy alien computer monitors seen in the TOS Trek episodes... :lol Good frakkin luck to me and anyone else IDing this one. :p

At first I thought it might be a mica shaded light or sliced polished agate or even stained glass. Then realized that she is being reflected on the surface. So is it a shiny reflective part of the lamp or some other item that is simply reflecting light and her image and not a lamp at all?

Also willing to bet the desk lamp is a Dazor.

Hi, little late to the party but incase anyone a still interested, I’ve got one of the lamps from the 1982 movie…the deco one on desk

Attachments

• 26195995-7F20-4727-921F-4F796D523BCD.jpeg
    26195995-7F20-4727-921F-4F796D523BCD.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 66
  • F6758FFB-FE66-426D-B6EE-5F5733DD6303.jpeg
    F6758FFB-FE66-426D-B6EE-5F5733DD6303.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 61
Hi, little late to the party but incase anyone a still interested, I’ve got one of the lamps from the 1982 movie…the deco one on desk
Very nice...and if some people are obsessed by Deckard's apt. and it's objects/props; Bryant's office is full of difficult- to- have-goodies also ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back