Blade Runner PKD blaster - metal Anders Pedersen/TipTop workshop kit - (updated with photos of the blaster with LEDs lit)

wayouteast

Sr Member
IMG_2481.jpeg

There's still one final part to post on my build log for this incredible kit, but I've hit a slight delay since I messed up :rolleyes::rolleyes: and now I'm waiting for new LEDs(!) to finish the electronics - wholly my fault and nothing to do with the kit components! I'll update that thread with the last part in a few days, hopefully. But the rest of the blaster is complete so I thought it was worth posting some 'beauty shots' of the final result. I want to thank DaveChaos at TipTop and AndersEFP for their huge generosity in letting me be one of the first to build this beautiful kit. Hopefully, the quality of their dedication and hard work is reflected in the finished result. Dave is making and shipping the kits in batches of 5 and the project run thread is here.

IMG_2493.jpeg IMG_2498.jpeg IMG_2502.jpeg IMG_2510.jpeg IMG_2512.jpeg IMG_2521.jpeg IMG_2524.jpeg IMG_2523.jpeg IMG_2526.jpeg IMG_2527.jpeg IMG_2528.jpeg IMG_2491.jpeg IMG_2488.jpeg

Last edited:
I finished up the electronics today, so here are a couple of shots of the completed blaster with the LEDs lit. I've added a second internal switch inside the magazine which controls the green LEDs in the sighting rod separately. So I can choose whether to have the 'idealised' 7-LED set-up or the 'movie-accurate' 5-LED look with only the red LEDs illuminated.

IMG_2599.jpeg IMG_2601.jpeg IMG_2603.jpeg

I finished up the electronics today, so here are a couple of shots of the completed blaster with the LEDs lit. I've added a second internal switch inside the magazine which controls the green LEDs in the sighting rod separately. So I can choose whether to have the 'idealised' 7-LED set-up or the 'movie-accurate' 5-LED look with only the red LEDs illuminated.

View attachment 1698760 View attachment 1698762 View attachment 1698761

Incredible looking finished prop wayouteast , just incredible.

I did the same on my resin kit with the green LEDs to have the choice of either function, but I wasn't 100% happy with the neatness of my work inside the magazine. Got to go back and have another crack at it at some point.

It looks Worldcon-esque to my eye. Congrats, it's brilliant!
My metal version is winging it's way through the post to me as I type, and I cannot wait...

Incredible looking finished prop wayouteast , just incredible.

I did the same on my resin kit with the green LEDs to have the choice of either function, but I wasn't 100% happy with the neatness of my work inside the magazine. Got to go back and have another crack at it at some point.

It looks Worldcon-esque to my eye. Congrats, it's brilliant!
My metal version is winging it's way through the post to me as I type, and I cannot wait...
Thank you! I'm so pleased you can see a bit of the WorldCon blaster in there! :)I was going for something in between that look and the on-set look, a blaster that was showing the signs of a lot of use and a long working life but still well-maintained in 'tip-top' ( ;) ) shape. I'm sure you'll be delighted with your kit when it comes and I'll look forward to seeing the finished result.

This is an incredible build and a great nod to Anders for the work he did in making the blaster.
Its a masterpiece both for him and for you.

Highest regards
MARK
Thank you SO much for those kind words, Mark. I've admired your own incredible work for a long time so they're all the more appreciated coming from you! And I think that Anders's amazing work, and his generosity in sharing it, is a fantastic gift. Thank you again! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back