Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

Guess so. Odd!

BTW, I did try taking some videos last night but I kinda suck. :lol And it was a teardown anyway. I might just take it down to the bare bones and film a buildup in the correct order.

Also picked up some cold blue from my local gun shop. Not expensive so if it doesn't work, won't be a big waste. Trying it out tonight but not expecting a lot; it's intended for ferrous alloys.

I take it back. Birchwood Casey Super Blue blues it up just fine. Only done some small test patches so far, on my lunch break at work. Will do the whole thing properly tonight. Looks like it should give a great finish. Oily brown/steely colour not dark blue-black as yet, but that's what I wanted anyway.

Last edited:
I take it back. Birchwood Casey Super Blue blues it up just fine. Only done some small test patches so far, on my lunch break at work. Will do the whole thing properly tonight. Looks like it should give a great finish. Oily brown/steely colour not dark blue-black as yet, but that's what I wanted anyway.

Ah, good news! I just hope it really stays "oily" and not a dull/flat black. I actually got my kit early this morning. Mune was clever enough to send the package as a gift/commercial sample so there were no customs charges for me. Huzzah!

On first opening the box I noticed a couple things. It looked like the parts had shifted in transit and there was a tiny loose stubby little "pin" floating around along with a lone steel ball that looks like it came from a bearing of some kind. I'll have to investigate when I get home.

Also... I couldn't get the bolt to rotate and pull back in the upper receiver. It didn't look bent and I didn't try to force it, so I guess I'll have to look into that as well.

Yeah, charges are going to be hefty! :angry You've got to love this countries tax laws!! Sounds like it's going to be worth it though! :D

interested to know how many people from the UK have ordered this kit? What do you think the chances of it getting cleared by customs are? Especially with it looking like an assembled gun with replica bullets :-O

Joe, I had no ballbearing of any kind with my kit. ??? What material is the pin, and is it solid or hollow?

I'll take pics of the bluing as soon as I get home. Hey wait I have a mobile phone...d'oh...! Gimme five...

Or not. My phone has lost my email account settings and can't get them back...today. The only time in weeks I've wanted to email a pic!

Last edited:
Joe, I had no ballbearing of any kind with my kit. ??? What material is the pin, and is it solid or hollow?

This was not a whole bearing- just a little ball from one. Maybe 3mm in diameter. The little pin was about the same diameter and maybe 4mm long, solid, and black (it looked like blued metal) My first thought was that it was some kind of "stopper plug" or something that had come loose from the plastic frame. I only had a couple minutes to inspect it before I had to leave for work but I'll look into it when I get home.

interested to know how many people from the UK have ordered this kit? What do you think the chances of it getting cleared by customs are? Especially with it looking like an assembled gun with replica bullets :-O

I think a few of us have ordered from the UK. I was undecided for ages so contacted the UK customs agency direct to ask their opinion. Whilst the guy took the usual government non committal approach, he did confirm that it didn't fit the definition of a firearm and so he could see no issues in getting it through. I know of people who have imported sidkits and offworld versions without any problems so fingers crossed! I'll update if and when it arrives.

Can't imagine what the ball would be. The pin is probably the one which helps locate the right hand cylinder cover. It screws into the frame and acts as a post that the cover sits over.

I think a few of us have ordered from the UK. I was undecided for ages so contacted the UK customs agency direct to ask their opinion. Whilst the guy took the usual government non committal approach, he did confirm that it didn't fit the definition of a firearm and so he could see no issues in getting it through. I know of people who have imported sidkits and offworld versions without any problems so fingers crossed! I'll update if and when it arrives.

Heh think its just you and me reacher! ;) i can understand more with the sidkit as it was completely disassembled, plus it came from Europe. Though if you looked at this through an xray you're gonna see a gun shape. I also really hope they didn't put the word gun in the contents description :\

I can't think of what the ball would be for either. As for the plug, if
I remember correctly there are only two. One that fits inside the
thumb latch (a tiny spring goes behind it) and the pin that goes through
the hammer, it isn't a screw like the coyle guns. I guess they figure it
can't go anywhere once the gun is together.The rest are trigger pins
and a pin that goes through the inner grip frame and trigger guard both.
The tiny brass tubes are for the triggers as well and act as bushings
for the trigger pins.The one last pin is for the ejector star.

Heh think its just you and me reacher! ;) i can understand more with the sidkit as it was completely disassembled, plus it came from Europe. Though if you looked at this through an xray you're gonna see a gun shape. I also really hope they didn't put the word gun in the contents description :\

Marv who has posted on this thread is from the UK also, and I have seen at least one other. Bank holiday Monday is going to slow everything down again now as well!

Could the ball be from the pin that goes in the grip frame? That's the only ball shape I can think of. I too want to know if the steyr lever can be moved and pulled back. Mine will rotate up, but it hits the receiver and won't travel any further in order to go back.

Ah, good news! I just hope it really stays "oily" and not a dull/flat black.

I spoke too soon; it does go a dull black when you brush on a wetter application or three. However it also polishes up nicely with a soft cloth, see pic:

IMG_20130525_010918.jpg

- I have more work to do here as the starting point wasn't nearly even enough; need to find one of my wider brushes. Here's the upper receiver before and after a quick buff up:

IMG_20130525_011036.jpg IMG_20130525_015036.jpg

- some oil should get it looking nicer but I'll need to do more bluing first.

Also... I couldn't get the bolt to rotate and pull back in the upper receiver. It didn't look bent and I didn't try to force it, so I guess I'll have to look into that as well.

Meant to mention this. Mine at first was very tight. Either there's a knack to it or it loosened up with a bit of practice and now it cycles fine.

mine is still at the customs since saturday and no movement...........cross your fingers please - maybe it helps a bit and I receive the blaster soon :)

I spoke too soon; it does go a dull black when you brush on a wetter application or three. However it also polishes up nicely with a soft cloth, see pic:

View attachment 188624

- I have more work to do here as the starting point wasn't nearly even enough; need to find one of my wider brushes. Here's the upper receiver before and after a quick buff up:

View attachment 188623 View attachment 188629

- some oil should get it looking nicer but I'll need to do more bluing first.

Meant to mention this. Mine at first was very tight. Either there's a knack to it or it loosened up with a bit of practice and now it cycles fine.

I found that a small bit of silver polish on cloth brings out a nice shiney finish on the blueing.

I think if it gets through customs I will be more than happy to pay the import tax, I just want the dam thing! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also to add, what happens if it doesnt go through customs? Can they send it back and we get a refund? Or will it go to the furnace? :-O

I'm also wondering if they inform you if it doesn't get in. How long is too long for something to be held in customs?

Will depend on the laws of whatever country/state you're in, could vary a lot.

Someone pulled a Bugatti out of a Swiss lake two or three years ago; had been down there since before the War. Customs to blame.

Mines been stuck in customs for two days now.

I already had the Worcon version shipped to me before with no problems so hopefully there will be no glitches.

Hopefully it will get released soon!

After bluing it could a person spray it with laquer to get a nice glossy finish?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back