Blade Runner- A Web of Props (Original Pics updated)

Sorry guys - I know I am hijacking the thread, but I'm desperate.

I love Bladerunner and own a crappy DVD version.

Bladerunner is a wonderful film, there has to be a good DVD version of it. Where can I find it? I've seen two collectors additions, but I don't know if they're still available or even good.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Brilliant Find.

Here's the comparison-

VDeck-ID-compare.jpg

Nick

Thanks - I found it while googling "Blade Runner paper props" and since I had BR on the brain, it jumped out at me. Also, it looks like the ID becomes physically thicker as you get towards the bottom, like a subtle wedge shape - you guys seeing that too?

One difference between the V ID and the Deckard ID is the lack of the big red X.

Maybe the X signifies something in particular about Deckard... Hmmm.

Nick

Why don't you just buy one of Phil's exact replicas, then you will see All the details your trying to find through poor screen caps and recycled props. There is fine detailing your never going to find out unless you have an original or one of Phil's outstanding replicas.

That's true. But it's also fun to do some legwork on the V "ID"... and who can deny the thrill of discovery?

Damn guys....you have really found some interesting discoveries regarding the ID.

It does look as though the V-card matches the BR ID....and the "8" makes more sense now. When it was first brought up earlier as possibly an "8"...I had my doubts. (No offense, Phase Pistol...it just did not look like an "8" to me at first. I still thought maybe it was some some type of intricate abstract design..like in the Phil ID.)

But the V-ID seems to confirm this part of the BR ID as an "8". I mean..the place where Deckard's face is supposed to go matches up perfectly to the white space on the V-ID!

And you can make out the triangle thing a little as well. It seems to be made of reflective tape..or some kind of metal tape. The part above where Deckard's photo would go is interesting...a sort of triangle design. I can't make that out in the screengrabs of BR.

As a die hard BR fan..this is some cool stuff.

Now let's get that VK machine made!

I find the small image to the right of the 8 interesting as well. Kind of looks similar to the metal Police shields, only upside down. Hmmmm...

v_id.jpg
Mvc-149s.jpg

Wow that's some fantastic confirmation on the Diamond-8! Spectacular find!
icon_biggrin.gif

Duke Chad mentioned the gray RECTANGLE with a black TRIANGLE in the middle of it (above the headshot photo)... could be the bottom point of an Eagle-logo of some sort, or just a triangle or even a diamond.

v_id.jpg

On that little logo at bottom, you can see horizontal lines and vertical lines... hmmm...

- k

Silver Bolt Handle?

With the blaster everything's possible! Interesting theory but i'm most ertain is the same brushed blued steel, maybe a bit lighter.

You have to have to keep in mind some things:
-The cocking lever has a curved section alll along that will help it refelecting light from many different points and so appear lighter in color.
-The color of the ammo drum cover is gloss black, the Steyr parts were blued and then brushed, making them a lighter gun metal grey. This may explain the difference in color you perceived.

Good hunt.

Looks like the pics at the beginning of the thread disappeared from the Whackychimp server. I'll try and get them back up soon.

New stuff a brewing as far as the Esper project goes.

Nick

More work progresses on the ESPER and will have pics up soon.

Also, in a strange act of sheer coincedence I am now an animator on the new Philip K Dick movie "A Scanner Darkly" being directed by Richard Linklater and starring Mr. Neo himself, Keanu Reeves.

Too freaking wierd.

Nick

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back