Unlimited Run Blade Runner 2049 Officer K JACKET/COAT by Magnoli Clothiers

Indy, what is your preferred avenue of communication for a prospective customer wanting to talk turkey about possible adjustments and details? Thinking in terms of minor accurisations rather than something radical. The coat is magnificent and this is meant in no way as a disparagement of any kind, but you know how it goes. There's always something, often nitpicky, and you kinda have to hold knowledge of the garment in one hand and knowledge of tailoring in the other. I have no knowledge of tailoring whatsoever.

What is the most convenient and appropriate discourse for you? General business email, a site PM here, something else? If I'm jumping into this, which I absolutely intend to as soon as my circumstances allow it (determined would be the term), I'd like to get it exactly right. I wouldn't want that to come at the cost of someone else's time and attention needlessly however.

Thanks and regards.

That darker brown fur is the prototype fox fur, yes. I don't have any samples on hand, so we'll have to wait for the next few coats to get some off-cuts... so it could be a while before swatches could be sent out.

That darker brown fur is the prototype fox fur, yes. I don't have any samples on hand, so we'll have to wait for the next few coats to get some off-cuts... so it could be a while before swatches could be sent out.

I like that prototype fur.:thumbsup
Alright if this would be no problem at all, I'll contact you after the holidays regarding the swatches. Thank you

Got my jacket. I've been wearing it all over the place and I love it! It is warm enough for the winter, and makes for a great fashion statement. My top recommendation for the 2049 coat. The tailoring just can't be beat.
Very happy for you, benhs1898! :)
Any chance you might be able to share a few photos with us? I can't get enough of seeing Magnoli's version of this great coat!

Hi,

the pictures look really good. I think I will order one of these coats for myself.
I will probably go for the leather version though.

I would like to go for the version with the buttons (instead of the magnets) though.

My qustion is:

Does the collar piece come with magnets inside in any case (when I am odering the buuton version)?
Sometime I waer a mechanical wristwatch and getting it close to magnet wouldn't such a good idea.

Is there any way to have the leather coat without any magnets?

Thanks.

faust1103 ANYTHING is possibly as these are entirely made-to-order. Simply put a note in the comments section that you want no magnets. The one problem with that, though, is the collar won't naturally stay standing-up like that. We could, if you wanted, install some kind of snaps or buttons to hold it in place instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indy Magnoli Loving the progress on this coat. been a while since my last magnoli purchase so this might be the time for one. indy, quick question, what is the cleaning options for the coat? have no experience with waxed fabrics, can they be dry cleaned or washed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Waxed cotton jackets cannot be washed in hot water, dry cleaned or machine washed as this will remove the waterproofing wax and oils which cannot be replaced. The only way to clean a waxed jacket is to brush off any dirt, and then wipe it down using cold water only.

wow cleaning them is limited then. i imagine you could use something stronger than water on the inside lining, something with something to kill any odours etc? what could you do if it received any heavy soiling?

Hi,

but the leather version of this coat can be dry cleaned then?

Also your website asks me to choose the length of the coat.
What should I measure for this? Shoulder to knees?

Thanks.

Yes, the leather version can be cleaned and, if you're really worried about soiling the jacket, you could just go with a non-waxed jacket. Don't forget, part of the appeal of waxed cotton is that it repels staining more than regular cotton.

As for the length, this should be measured from the base of the neck (seam) to the bottom of the coat (at the back).

Man I really want one of these. Will probably wait until next year though since by the time March rolls around I don't think I'll get many wears out of it. I also want to see if they will shorten the shoulder patch length and update the shoulders to have that padded look from the movie, as it gives it a cool biker aesthetic that I like. Too bad you can't custom order waxed cotton colors, as I think a mix of a dark grey and the dark green color would be amazing. If any universal updates are made, is it safe to assume they will be posted here?

Man I really want one of these. Will probably wait until next year though since by the time March rolls around I don't think I'll get many wears out of it. I also want to see if they will shorten the shoulder patch length and update the shoulders to have that padded look from the movie, as it gives it a cool biker aesthetic that I like. Too bad you can't custom order waxed cotton colors, as I think a mix of a dark grey and the dark green color would be amazing. If any universal updates are made, is it safe to assume they will be posted here?

the shoulder patches have been shortened to be accurate and padding would be available on request. For instance, I ordered mine with some polyfil padding to make the jacket more practical for the cold weather.

Yes, we'll keep updating this thread but remember you can always tweak these however you want. We're looking into a way to (possibly) offer custom waxed cotton colors. More on this in the future...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back