Black Series Mandalorian helmet announced

Anyone thinking about weathering theirs? I watched some youtube vids, and looked up a bunch of prop makers on Insta, and it seems like burnt sienna oils are a popular go-to. Thing is, I already have a tube of that, and it looks way too red. Most finished helmets look more yellow/brown, like raw sienna or raw umber.

That's because Hasbro set the release for June 1st. That's when I'm getting the one I ordered for a friend through GameStop. That's when Entertainment Earth will likely be sending them out. I, frankly, wish Hasbro would enforce the release date if it's the frikkin' release date. Places that release early screw it up for the places that follow the rules. How much business did EE lose just in this thread from people bailing on their preorders to get 'em from Target or Walmart instead?

I got my First Order Stormtrooper helmet on Friday here in Australia. From Popcultcha. Love it.

Ben

Its weird. We have to wait for the Mandalorian helmet and you guys have to wait for the first order helmet.

Just unboxed my Mando helmet. While I can see some small geometry issues around the Visor, ears and "girth" around the bottom of the helmet, its VERY good - and for the price totally awesome. With a touch of weathering and a Light darkening of the metallic finish it will be so close I wouldn't event bother with something 5x as much (or more)... the slightly better details are just not worth that difference. In fact it would not surprise me in the least if the production picked up a few hundred of these to use for stunts... and other similar characters in repaints. Honestly its close enough that unless your doing a side by side you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference at anything but close-ups. in case you can't tell I'm impressed.

In the interest of full disclosure I have several other Black series that I'm happy with - but this one I'm REALLY happy with. I have a Poe, and Luke X-wing, a Vader, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett. All of them are very nice- but this one blows me away...

Jedi Dade

Great to see the Amazon orders coming in. Mine arrived today. What a great piece. So very happy. The interior fitting system is better than the Fett. I had to remove the sizing system in that one and replace with helmet pads, but this helmet fits my big head very well.

Got mine today and can’t seem to get the flashlight to work. Put the batteries in and the red lights work but not the flashlight. Any ideas?

Got mine through BBTS. I love this thing!
D549153C-36A2-4E39-8E6C-C17F3BEE78DE.jpeg

Got mine today and can’t seem to get the flashlight to work. Put the batteries in and the red lights work but not the flashlight. Any ideas?
Keep pressing the on/activation button. There are different light settings that cycle through with each press, and there's only one or two that turn the head lamp on.

Just a quick question. Anyone’s visor has micro scratches on it. The helmet is in great condition just the lens you can see them only when the light hits right. Wondering is a plastic polish will work or if I should just get a visor upgrade. Would appreciate your guys expertise on this and any polish. I have heard brasso, Plastic X and a few others. Thank you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back