Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

Did they show anything about the lineage in the stream? I'm assuming it comes from a scan like most of their stuff does, but I remember when they revealed the mando helmet they showed a comparison between their original scan and final product, I really like seeing that. So neat.

Here you go

Scout Trooper helmet is next!

View attachment 1664617
Futurama Buy GIF

I love how this played out:

1. Hasbro does a horrible job facilitating pre-orders
2. Collectors are frustrated and vocal about the terrible job Hasbro does with pre-orders
3. Hasbro has opportunities to listen to collectors and actually fix the issue, instead takes no actions, tells collectors “We know how much you dislike pre-orders, so to help you out we’re getting rid of pre-orders”.

I love how this played out:

1. Hasbro does a horrible job facilitating pre-orders
2. Collectors are frustrated and vocal about the terrible job Hasbro does with pre-orders
3. Hasbro has opportunities to listen to collectors and actually fix the issue, instead takes no actions, tells collectors “We know how much you dislike pre-orders, so to help you out we’re getting rid of pre-orders”.
I think Hasbro laid-off its pre-order staff.. that is what must have happened. Did you hear they laid off about 10% of their work force? sooo... im guessing it was all the pre-order people. And the ones who had good ideas, those are always the first to go.

No, There has just been too many of them piling up, and their ship dates have been all of the places. Stuff thats not supposed to charge/ship for 4-5 months all of a sudden shipping NOW.

One thing Hasbro probably objected to was that many retailers would put them out/up for sale when they received them, rather than on Hasbro's street date.

And a few retailers couldn't get their full preorder allotment filled.

Personally, I think Hasbro underestimates the demand for some and wildly over-estimates for others. The Stormtrooper and Shadow Trooper go for multiple hundreds of dollars, the Kylo for even more, the Poe somewhere in there... Meanwhile, I've seen a few Vaders still lingering and getting discounted, and the "repainted Boba" from The Mandalorian hasn't been moving all that much.

Hasbro has had a history of wildly missing the mark on the demand for certain action figures and props.
How many Landos have i seen filling the racks lately?? HUNDREDS. Everywhere i go there are at least 6 to 12 either 40th anniversary Landos or OT Jedi Landos in a given location.
And which others do i normally see? NONE. Well, the occasional Jawa, or Leia, or recently loads of Ferrix Imperial Officers.. and one Saw Gerrera just floating around.
I have seen a few Bo Katan helmets around.. but no others. Maybe its just Denver. Because if i travel, i see much different selections in other cities.

It doesn't look like Hasbro got rid of all preorders. They just announced there will be preorders for new G.I.Joe product next week. Maybe it's just for the Black Series helmets. Either way I've never heard of people not getting stuff they ordered direct from Hasbro. It's just usually later than when retailers start releasing their stock.

Right, Hasbro fulfills partner orders before their own, so Hasbro Pulse is usually the LAST to receive their orders. Fans First! :lol:

I ordered my Bo-Katan through Pulse. Official release date of November. It shipped in July. But that's after retailers were selling them in March/April. Frankly, I feel there should be penalties for such early release of product. Why even bother to announce a release date if no one is held to it?

I ordered my Bo-Katan through Pulse. Official release date of November. It shipped in July. But that's after retailers were selling them in March/April. Frankly, I feel there should be penalties for such early release of product. Why even bother to announce a release date if no one is held to it?
I preordered my wife a Bo helmet directly from Hasbro and was very surprised to see them all over the place at Celebration months before the official Hasbro release… My wife was itching to get one, so I had to spoil the surprise that I already had one on order…

This was not the first time Hasbro did that, so I’ve gone to preordering from resellers like BBTS.

Sean

The only physical store ive ever seen the Black Series helmets in is Gamestop. never seen any of them at Target or Walmart.

I've pre-ordered all of my BS helmets on Amazon, with the exception of the Poe X-Wing, which I chanced upon in a Target. I saw the original Vader and more Poe helmets at Barnes-&-Noble, but that's about it. I don't see the more popular ones in the wild. Kinda hoping that, as soon as the Scout is available, bots don't just buy them all up online.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back