Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

Just saw the previous threads and didn’t even register before I checked- not good.
9993DB45-08C2-4B1D-B04F-E8E49820DCDF.jpeg

ROTS Clone hey? Thats an odd choice considering its the 20 year anniversary of AotC, but hey, I'm down for clones. I wonder if "Peter" will be a repaint of Boba into Jango finally
I've got a converted Hasbro voice changer Clone Trooper helmet, so I'm not in a hurry to get the Phase I version, but Phase II would complete a "Clone thru First Order" trooper display for me.

"Clone thru First Order" trooper display for me.
Brother! :) Sticking with the base troopers? Or spinning off into variants? And how inclusive of extrafilmic materials? I have a "Phase III" transitional helmet as seen in The Force Unleashed, and a Legacy Stormtrooper helmet underway. I'm still iffy on First Order, as it feels like what started as Palpatine's Contingency got hijacked by other agencies before we ever saw them in TFA.

[ETA: Also have an Old Republic trooper helmet waiting to be 3D printed, since the clones were ordered as troops for the Republic, so their helmets are, retroactively, updated versions of the last Republic trooper helmets, from the last time ther was an actual Republic military.]

Last edited:
Just the four basic designs. No colors, weathering, or variants. Just glorious black and white!
I can appreciate that. After TFU, I included the Phase III. No 502st markings. It slots nicely between ROTS and Solo. And I also recognize the Solo/R1, ANH, and ROTJ as different stages of the Phase IV. I include the Legacy helmet, because the Empire surrendered a year or so after ROTJ -- but we know nothing about what happened on Imperial Center after that in the new canon. The First Order developed separately out in the Unknown Regions, and are unconnected, but I like the idea of the Imperial Stormtrooper having at least one more evolutionary iteration. And I love the Legacy version, so I'm happy with that being the proverbial It™.

So I have eight in my lineup. *chuckle* But I need to make another ROTJ helmet for it, as the one I am currently working on will be red for my Royal Guard combat gear.

i thought the Black Series Vader helmet was a lot closer to the prop than it looks here.. is it really that bad of a sculpt?
There is no way i would pay $140 for it.. its just goofy looking to me. The eyes being so large, and the dome being so short, and the mouth looks squashed. but thats me.
I would love to see a Ep 3 clone helmet tho.

Last edited:
i thought the Black Series Vader helmet was a lot closer to the prop than it looks here.. is it really that bad of a sculpt?
There is no way i would pay $140 for it.. its just goofy looking to me. The eyes being so large, and the dome being so short, and the mouth looks squashed. but thats me.
I would love to see a Ep 3 clone helmet tho.

Like I said, it's a flawed comparison. The Efx is suppose to have lineage to the A New Hope helmet. But the original BS is based on it's appearance in Revenge of the Sith. This new Obi Wan version appears to be the same mask and dome, with a new neck piece. What the video fails to really do is to investigate what those other prop helmets look like. He presents the comparison as if all movie helmets were made exactly alike. We just do not know that. I believe the Revenge of the Sith helmet was made to be symmetrical. We also do not know if other changes were made to better fit the actor or even aspects of the movie. Changes could be on purpose, artist, or just miscalculations. But it is unfair to make a comparison between the two in aspects of design. It is like taking a Skywalker Revenge of the Sith lightsaber replica and comparing it against a Skywalker A New Hope.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back